Tip-off at Toomer’s

jared52

I heard about this a few weeks ago and that they were still trying to work out the details.  I'm glad they have made it come together.   I hope there will be a stream somewhere to watch it. 

Bruce Pearl is amazing... he needs to be the halftime motivational speaker for Gus. They're almost case study examples of introvert vs extrovert.

Watching Bruce Pearl work his magic both on and off the court is so very satisfying.  We've got a golden egg in him.  Let's just enjoy it while it lasts, which I hope is a long time.

And maybe his son will make an excellent head coach too and follow in his father's footsteps at Auburn.

On 9/18/2018 at 1:11 PM, Zeek said:

Bruce Pearl is amazing... he needs to be the halftime motivational speaker for Gus. They're almost case study examples of introvert vs extrovert.

Bruce and Gus are so different. 

Bruce is an elite coach who has that very rare ability to be both a player's coach, and a disciplinarian.  He makes players believe in him, his system, themselves, and each other, like very few coaches can, while still being 100% in charge.  For all the wrong decisions made by Jay Jacobs over the years, hiring Bruce Pearl was a genius move.

In hindsight, I can't believe we were the ones to get him.

I haven’t been on the Gus bus since 2016, but let’s keep the basketball (and every other sports forum) about basketball (or the forum’s respective sport(s)) and leave the condescension about Gus in the football forum.

But you are right, Bruce is a gift and I hope he keeps his word of staying long enough to have the arena named after him with multiple NCAA runs and SEC championships. I really hope he can win a couple of SEC tourneys as well. As big as winning the regular season is, with its grueling demand, there’s something differently special in winning the tournament. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hope this can stay scheduled with the storm coming.  I've been really excited (as I'm sure a lot of others are) about this since I first heard it was a possibility. 

13 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Hope this can stay scheduled with the storm coming.  I've been really excited (as I'm sure a lot of others are) about this since I first heard it was a possibility. 

According to the weather channel (grain of salt), it should be clear from mid day on, so hopefully that will be the case. We need this event. 

13 hours ago, WarTiger said:

The storm is expected to be by at that point. Showers expected to linger through the morning hours, but forecast Thursday night is cool and clear. 

Even if not raining probably didn't want anybody hurt because of slick court or muscle pull due to cool weather. Erring on the side of safety which is correct decision.

Well this is just the kick in the misters we didn't need. Just wanted something to be happy about with men's sports for a bit. Oh well, the wait for Nov just feels that much longer.

It's the right decision though. Too much risk involved in having it and setting up. Hopefully they can have some kind of preseason hoopla to kick things off though.

Archived