LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also is Brahms ready? We need to try someone else Kim is gettin manhandled up front. 

Two things...

I don’t care if you’ve been a high school DB coach for 45 years or if you wrote the book on DBs... OUR DBS ARE AWFUL. 

And second, we lost to LSU in ‘13, so everyone chill out.  Lot of football to play. 

1 minute ago, weathergeakal said:

I really dont think so. He doesn't call the  plays anymore. I blame Chip for the conservative play calling.

It's not just play calling. I put it on Chip as well but Gus and Chip are both communicating during plays. Gus is the ultimate say in our offensive approach during the game and in different situations. It ultimately rests at his feet when this is a pattern of blowing leads and not continuing to be aggressive on offense to close out games. Again, if it wasn't a pattern then it would be different. We lost a NC due to not being aggressive on offense. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Those were PIs though . Clear grabs. The problem was the refs were so inconsistent but the refs didn’t cost us the game. We have to get more consistent on the offensive end. The defense kept us in as long as they could.

This 

Horrible D-Line play. Never even put the man under pressure for the most part. Arms locked out on almost every pass play. Those Refs sucked but Auburn lost the game. Offense completely stopped moving the ball and outside of the LBs the defense never showed up. LSU has a good defense but we made Joe Burrow look like Tom Brady. I wish our Oline could arm locked defenders like LSU did our DLine. Completely embarrassed in our own house in front of a TON of recruits. Perfect. Damn ole Auburn s*** as always. No way we go to UGA and UA and beat them and with our secondary we will have to put in some work against A&M and Ole Miss. They said without the LSU loss last year they wouldn’t have won the west. Well, let’s hope it works out that way this time. Embarrassing Embarrassing Embarrassing. Everyone complains about AU not getting any love in the polls, there’s no reason to wonder why. 

oh well, i'm 64 years old, and will be 70 if i live to the end of mr. wizards contract...i would like to live long enough to see him fired....i'm not going to bitch about him because it will do no good....how long til basketball?

17 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Blew an 11 point lead. smh

Yep. Players have some soul searching. Simply got beat by a better team today. Time to step up boys.

You can say all you want about players getting beat and missing Field Goal that would have sealed it, but you can't deny the Refs determined the outcome of this game. They were doing it the entire game. They threw flags on us before said offense even occurred. Then you count the holdings, the block in the backs, and the pass interference  they never called against LSU you can see. The best is a few times they had no clue the penalty was even on and just called some random number out. SEC/Media/<insert whatever> got what they wanted today. Which is Auburn out of the way. But we're used to that crap.

Hopefully we'll bounce back and win out.

12 minutes ago, Altima said:

we got exactly what we paid 49 million for... mediocrity. no consistency whatsoever!

big recruiting weekend, and we look like s***.

if i’m greene, malzahn’s in my office tonight... unacceptable!

typical auburn... that’s it

You do know we were playing a #11 team. You do know you can't win them all. No team wins them all! If you can't take a lose, well...

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Those were PIs though . Clear grabs. The problem was the refs were so inconsistent but the refs didn’t cost us the game. We have to get more consistent on the offensive end. The defense kept us in as long as they could.

I thought the first one may have been fair. The second, both were handsy and we had turned back for the ball. 

Yeah...the refs sucked but i'm not one big on blaming the refs when you can take them out of the game and do what you need to do to not even make them a factor. 

Alright. So if Gus needs to go (I think this game just confirms he's an 8-4 coach), who should we go after? If you look at the first three weeks of this season (Frost, Taggart, Mullen, and even though it's his second year, Herman), a lot of new coaches who were supposed to bring success have thus far fallen flat.

2 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

To all of the people wanting to blame Gus today, I have one question:

Have you ever seen a home team have two PI's called on them on the game winning drive that extended the drive for the road team? 

Bash Gus for the 2015 and 2016 all you want. Bash him for LSU and Clemson last season. Don't put this one on him. 

Not wanting to start an argument, but once again our offensive guru of a coach goes ofer on points for an entire half.

everyone was defending gus last year but ive seen a pattern. He cannot hold 4th quarter leads. many were winnable games

FSU in 2013(which also ended on a PI call)

Texas am in 2014

LSU last year

Georgia in 2016

Georgia in the SEC championship(we were up 7-0)

Alabama in 2014 (we were leading in the 4th quarter)

I thought we had it this season with Stidham as QB but its just all the same from Gus. He gets conservative late in games

we wont be on the same level as Oklahoma, Clemson and Ohio State with Gus at the helm. Until Stidham arrived, i think we lost like 7 straight sec home games. 

Also we have lost 10 of the last 12 games broadcast on CBS. The last wins came against georgia and alabama last year.

Does anyone else see what i mean?

19 minutes ago, Farmer Brown said:

Why did we abandon the intermediate routes in the second half. It was either a screen, bomb, or high percentage pass. I can't help it. Gus is overpaid.

Jesus please!

1 minute ago, 1856 said:

Two things...

I don’t care if you’ve been a high school DB coach for 45 years or if you wrote the book on DBs... OUR DBS ARE AWFUL. 

And second, we lost to LSU in ‘13, so everyone chill out.  Lot of football to play. 

that was at LSU in a monsoon. we had bama and georgia at home that year...

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I really dislike that way of thinking. When  equally talented teams are playing in a hard fought game....those calls or lack of calls can completely change the game. LSU was given just enough of an advantage to eek out the win on those little extras. Sometimes that's all it takes. 

We blew an 11 point lead. Our front 4 is strong against the run, but have a difficult time getting pressure. Their qb sat in the pocket and beat our secondary. We had a chance to get off the field and they converted a 4th down. The two PI calls were picky, but they did occur. Yes they clearly missed the PI call on LSU. They also missed a fumble by Ryan Davis in the first. I’m sorry you don’t agree w my line of thinking. 

2 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Two things...

We also got Bama and UGA at home in 13

12 minutes ago, shabby said:

well damn. I still think this team can be really good

Did you think we did "some good things"? Are you "anxious to see how the guys respond"? Are you gus malzahn?

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

RULE NUMBER ONE:  NEVER TAKE POINTS OFF THE BOARD EARLY IN A GAME

Gus passed on a pretty easy field goal. I figured that we would lose on a FG.

Archived