LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

Plenty of blame for the O and D. Didn’t get the job done when the game was on the line. Coach O has been better than the $7 million man for 2 years in a row.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Yeah, he's a real gamer. What was he, 15 for 34? Not very good, and not hard to do when you have all day to throw the ball. 

I don't think you know what a gamer is. He didn't have all day to throw the ball. He also did more than throw it. He put that team on his back and is head and shoulders above anyone LSU has had at QB in quite a while.

Not going to fight with you, though. 

2 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

That same team that beat us will end up getting beat by someone like Tulane or Arkansas. Coach can get em up for big games.

They'll get CRUSHED by bama and uga. And will probably lose to OM, MSU and aTm, too. 

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

We blew an 11 point lead. Our front 4 is strong against the run, but have a difficult time getting pressure. Their qb sat in the pocket and beat our secondary. We had a chance to get off the field and they converted a 4th down. The two PI calls were picky, but they did occur. Yes they clearly missed the PI call on LSU. They also missed a fumble by Ryan Davis in the first. I’m sorry you don’t agree w my line of thinking. 

LSU did not hand us a beat down.  I don't think they're the better team.  I think AU and LSU are pretty evenly matched. Mistakes were made on both sides....but the momentum changed on that PI missed call. That was Auburns's chance and our team had a decent drive going. It did change the game IMHO. Refs have begun affecting the outcome of games more in recent years than they used to. I saw it happen during our baseball and basketball seasons also. What I won't say is that Auburn is the only victim. But it happens often enough now to make me uneasy. 

6 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn should be fine till Miss State

gotta 1) make changes on Oline 2) Boobie is the man.  Feed him more.  

This is still. Run first offense.  If Auburn can’t run, Auburn can’t win under Gus.

We are not gonna have a 1000 yd rusher this year. Obviously the RB by committee plan is not working.

12 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Gus is what he is. He is a middle of the pack SEC coach with a top of the line salary. 

The grimes hire is just robbing AU of money. It was criminal. 

Been saying this about Gus. 8-4..some years 10-2. At least 2 more years of this. Please make me eat crow. 

13 minutes ago, redman443 said:

everyone was defending gus last year but ive seen a pattern. He cannot hold 4th quarter leads. many were winnable games

FSU in 2013(which also ended on a PI call)

Texas am in 2014

LSU last year

Georgia in 2016

Georgia in the SEC championship(we were up 7-0)

Alabama in 2014 (we were leading in the 4th quarter)

I thought we had it this season with Stidham as QB but its just all the same from Gus. He gets conservative late in games

we wont be on the same level as Oklahoma, Clemson and Ohio State with Gus at the helm. Until Stidham arrived, i think we lost like 7 straight sec home games. 

Also we have lost 10 of the last 12 games broadcast on CBS. The last wins came against georgia and alabama last year.

Does anyone else see what i mean?

I do. I've been saying basically the same thing for 3 years now. 

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Stidham will go pro this year but I believe he needs another year under his belt. Doesn’t look NFL ready at all. I know the line has a lot to do with that but still 

He is NOT nfl ready. All the talent in the world but for some reason he just seems to be missing something.

1 minute ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Stidham will go pro this year but I believe he needs another year under his belt. Doesn’t look NFL ready at all. I know the line has a lot to do with that but still 

I don’t see him going pro this year. 

14 minutes ago, 1856 said:

Two things...

I don’t care if you’ve been a high school DB coach for 45 years or if you wrote the book on DBs... OUR DBS ARE AWFUL. 

And second, we lost to LSU in ‘13, so everyone chill out.  Lot of football to play. 

The difference in '13 and now is our schedule is flipped. We play bama , uga, the Mississippi schools away. All of them plus a & m  can pass better than Lsu. We are a 5 loss team I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, cammycam2 said:

Did you think we did "some good things"? Are you "anxious to see how the guys respond"? Are you gus malzahn?

shush bammer. how's the weather where u at? Fair?

Just now, DAG said:

He is NOT nfl ready. All the talent in the world but for some reason he just seems to be missing something.

A good QB coach

33 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Another blown lead to the Corndogs. There were several bad calls on us but we did plenty of goofy crap on our own. Total crap the bed game. 

Yep, they took our manhood.

Just now, TAYLORKEETON said:

I think Stidham will be a better pro than in college. Only thing that will keep from being that is if he doesn't get better at seeing the field. Bottom line is...i don't think our system fits him. If you look at his time at Baylor....that's what he needs. He clearly can sling the ball but his lack of vision and us not really using the middle of the field much doesn't help. Our passing plays are often slow to develop. But he certainly needs to learn to go through his reads.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

I think Stidham will be a better pro than in college. Only thing that will keep from being that is if he doesn't get better at seeing the field. Bottom line is...i don't think our system fits him. If you look at his time at Baylor....that's what he needs. He clearly can sling the ball but his lack of vision and us not really using the middle of the field much doesn't help. Our passing plays are often slow to develop. But he certainly needs to learn to go through his reads.

Baylor system does fit him but that wouldn’t get him NFL ready , which I couldn’t care less about. I just want him to be more composed during big games. What Chad Morris is running down in Arkansas actually would be best for him.

8 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

Auburn should be fine till Miss State

gotta 1) make changes on Oline 2) Boobie is the man.  Feed him more.  

This is still. Run first offense.  If Auburn can’t run, Auburn can’t win under Gus.

Like any team, AU will win or lose based on the play up front. LSU won the LOS today and the game.

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

LSU did not hand us a beat down.  I don't think they're the better team.  I think AU and LSU are pretty evenly matched. Mistakes were made on both sides....but the momentum changed on that PI missed call. That was Auburns's chance and our team had a decent drive going. It did change the game IMHO. Refs have begun affecting the outcome of games more in recent years than they used to. I saw it happen during our baseball and basketball seasons also. What I won't say is that Auburn is the only victim. But it happens often enough now to make me uneasy. 

I’m not saying they didn’t affect the game at all. Sure they did, but we had other chances to get off the field and didn’t. We also didn’t force a TO and had 2. Should’ve been 3. 

We’re 3 games into the season and look exactly like I believed we would. Weak up front on Offense and weak on the back end on defense. We REALLY miss Jeff Holland. 

It's the same cycle all over again.  We lose early games we shouldn't, then we play well in a few games and think we've turned the corner, then we may even beat a really good team, then end the season by laying an egg or two. 

Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Tough tough loss. We are who we are and Gus is who he is. He’s ours for the foreseeable future. This team is capable of winning out, and capable of finishing 8-4. In short, I get over these a lot faster than I used to. Sucks to lose, we are likely no longer a playoff contender, and we will go on to win a lot of good games. War Eagle any way. 

Burrow was ******* terrible, are we really giving him the title of a gamer? If one of our LBs didnt jump at an apparition and just stayed with his man instead, Burrow wouldve been under 50% with 0 TDs and some of the least accurate throws Ive seen from a guy leading an elite team

we lost to a team that we were supposed to be worlds better  in terms of offensive composure. and they just pooped on us

Archived