LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 minute ago, redman443 said:

I was upset because I was confident this was going to be the year when we had a truly great season. Maybe going undefeated or just a 1 loss season. we have a NFL QB and a talented defense but after today,  it looks like that isnt going to happen. Just a repeat from last year and the same ol gus. 

We all fell for the pre-season Top 10 hype over the long summer months. We do it all the time. We did it in 2008 and so many other crappy seasons.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Texas A&M are all teams we’ll play every year with better coaches than Gus. 

Most of those teams out recruit us every year, and A&M does it occasionally.

1 minute ago, redman443 said:

I was upset because I was confident this was going to be the year when we had a truly great season. Maybe going undefeated or just a 1 loss season. we have a NFL QB and a talented defense but after today,  it looks like that isnt going to happen. Just a repeat from last year and the same ol gus. 

Who is the nfl qb on roster, and why didn’t we play him?

I'm very disappointed in our field goal team.  Very disappointed.  Anders doesn't hold a candle to Daniel.  Not by a long shot.

I'm very disappointed that we weren't ready to play at first.  We were absolutely dominated on both sides of the ball for the first 22:30.

I'm very disappointed that our supposed "Heisman-caliber" QB turned the ball over twice, and missed open receivers that most Heisman contenders wouldn't have missed.

I'm very disappointed that we committed several critical penalties that extended scoring drives for LSU.

I'm very disappointed that Ed Orgeron out-coached our forever-extended incumbent.

I'm very disappointed in my reaction to games like this.  I'm pissed and bummed.  I waited anxiously all off-season for this game.  And we got beat.  I'm so bummed.

It was like Deja Vu all over again. We're like lambs led to the slaughter by thinking Gus gets over the hump.

Poor officiating? Yes. But there were plenty of opportunities with an 11-point lead to never be in the position where a bad call affected the outcome.

We got Gussed again. He's topped out and we're hamstrung to him indefinitely

1 minute ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm very disappointed in our field goal team.  Very disappointed.  Anders doesn't hold a candle to Daniel.  Not by a long shot.

I'm very disappointed that we weren't ready to play at first.  We were absolutely dominated on both sides of the ball for the first 22:30.

I'm very disappointed that our supposed "Heisman-caliber" QB turned the ball over twice, and missed open receivers that most Heisman contenders wouldn't have missed.

I'm very disappointed that we committed several critical penalties that extended scoring drives for LSU.

I'm very disappointed that Ed Orgeron out-coached our forever-extended incumbent.

I'm very disappointed in my reaction to games like this.  I'm pissed and bummed.  I waited anxiously all off-season for this game.  And we got beat.  I'm so bummed.

summed up my thoughts 

3 minutes ago, redman443 said:

Yep Gus said all the right things about how he learned from his mistakes but in the end it is just Gus being Gus. 

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That was very weak bro. Try again. Look, nothing personal. I just don't see you having a clue. IIWII. Sober up and come back tomorrow. 

You aren't mature enough to be five years old. I take your demeanor personal. You can take it however you like.

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Cam is one in a million. But i think i'm finally convinced that in order to for this offense to succeed at a high level that we need a more mobile QB similar to Nick M. The problem is that it's hard to know how a QB that's more mobile going to be regarding accuracy. They need both. I REALLY like Bo Nix but i wonder in THIS offense will it be more of the same? 

3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

NFL must be getting desperate if they draft JS in 2019

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

That missed field goal was on the snapper.  Bad snap led to a hold where the ball couldn't be spinned around.  Hard to make from 50+ with timing off and the laces in.

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Cam is one in a million. But i think i'm finally convinced that in order to for this offense to succeed at a high level that we need a more mobile QB similar to Nick M. The problem is that it's hard to know how a QB that's more mobile going to be regarding accuracy. They need both. I REALLY like Bo Nix but i wonder in THIS offense will it be more of the same? 

This offense, sans Malzahn's stubborn unwillingness to evolve it, would work fine with Stidham or Nix. He just won't let go of the past. 

Heck, we have a mobile QB in Willis, but we saw how much he has regressed last week. 

Also, can I get a clarification on the Anders "hate"?  I know he missed a chipshot opening weekend, but guys 52 yarders aren't gimme's in this game and from inside the stadium the snap looked low...I mean he might not be as good as Daniel when all is said and done, but neither has any kicker in the HISTORY of the conference.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep Gus said all the right things about how he learned from his mistakes but in the end it is just Gus being Gus. 

He has not learned from his mistakes. Well maybe momentarily last year when he was playing for his job but that's past now.

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

The hold wasn't good. But i do think we have to understand that Anders isn't Daniel in terms of the same accuracy. Anders certainly has the leg that Daniel has but it's different when it is in game situations. That's why i was glad that Daniel came back last year. Plus, that's a lot of pressure for Anders to live up to. If he can get his accuracy down..i think he'll be fine but he has to adjust and may take more time than Daniel. We can't go into a game thinking he's automatic like Daniel was.

4 minutes ago, redman443 said:

Agree.  I am just dumbfounded.  Our D let us down - where was the D??????????  The O was ehhhh. But ZERO flippin fire in the D and in the crowd.  Refs were a factor but why let it get that far.  This is as disappointed as I have ever been. Ever. We are not going to recover quickly..... 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You're missing the point.  It's easy to blame officials.  Auburn had every opportunity to put the game away throughout the second half and didn't.  They also failed to show up for the start of the game, which put us in a 10 point hole.

Also, AU committed two turnovers, one of which led LSU to a short field and a TD.  That on the officials too?  At some point, you have to look at the many times we shot ourselves in the foot and realize that fixing just one or two of those mistakes makes the late game officiating irrelevant.

I really don't think I am, LSU also left points on the field. Every team does. But bad officiating usually goes both ways. This was antagonistic officiating. Kinda makes it hard to put the game away when you're playing against 18 on the field.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That missed field goal was on the snapper.  Bad snap led to a hold where the ball couldn't be spinned around.  Hard to make from 50+ with timing off and the laces in.

That's why I mentioned "field goal team".  But personally, I don't think Anders is near as good as Daniel.

2 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

This offense, sans Malzahn's stubborn unwillingness to evolve it, would work fine with Stidham or Nix. He just won't let go of the past. 

Heck, we have a mobile QB in Willis, but we saw how much he has regressed last week. 

You have a point for sure. I'm not sure if Willis is as good of a passer that some may have thought he was though. 

Archived