LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUsince72 said:

Can't blame refs.  Auburn just has glaring weaknesses on the OL and (I guess how the DB's play the ball) plus sorry....but Stidham will be back next year.  He ain't NFL ready.  Little overrated date I say.

Gonna stop me? They were terrible, and on multiple occasions killed/extended drives based on BAD or NO Calls. Not to mention the holding discrepancy.

I keep hearing how Auburn plays mostly man defense in the secondary. It's obvious these guys can't do it. I know there were some highly questionable PI calls against us but Steele is going to have to bring more pressure on sure passing downs. If not this will not be the last time a situation like this occurs.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Stidham has quite a way to go if we are being honest. Great kid. Great kid. But still missing reads and happy feet in the pocket.

Agree. Looks good .. then looks bad.. just hasn’t put it all together yet. I think he had a horrible game. 

1 minute ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

Here’s the number to the SEC office tel:(205) 458-3000

hello this is alabama's  Birmingham headquarters. 

Just now, 33gles said:

Gonna stop me? They were terrible, and on multiple occasions killed/extended drives based on BAD or NO Calls. Not to mention the holding discrepancy.

Nope.... Not gonna stop you.  Enjoy.

7 minutes ago, weathergeakal said:

This wasnt a Gus game

When you have an 11 point lead at home and stop being aggressive on offense....yes it is. It's another blown lead in a big game on his resume. If it wasn't a pattern then i could agree. 

12 - 12 versus ranked teams. Not worth $49MM. I believe he has a losing record versus all our major rivals. Blame the refs all you want on this one, the man is a choke job. Can’t close the deal, when it matters most. It is just who he is.

The remainder of his tenure will be the same tune - so much promise, so much squandered. I hope to eat crow. I would love to eat crow on this. 

#frustrated

Just now, AuMarine said:

Agree. Looks good .. then looks bad.. just hasn’t put it all together yet. I think he had a horrible game. 

We've been repeating that for almost 6 years now.

Dont know what game you guys were watching who are complaining about PI . Our defensive backs are awful and we will get exposed by any decent QB we face. Also , absolutely no pressure from our "vaunted" defensive front.

For us to do what we thought we were going to do we have to be better. Coaching, o line, hb and Qb. He hasn't been as good as hyped. Refs screwed us though

Just now, milehighfan said:

I keep hearing how Auburn plays mostly man defense in the secondary. It's obvious these guys can't do it. I know there were some highly questionable PI calls against us but Steele is going to have to bring more pressure on sure passing downs. If not this will not be the last time a situation like this occurs.

And when the front seven gets to the QB it’s all good when they do not.. well you get today.. we make their QB look like a heisman contender. 

1 minute ago, CodeRocket said:

Very disappointed in D-Line play. I really thought they would dominate and pressure the QB.

yeah no one gets passing grades in this one

Refs aside, it really does look like a lot of times we just run plays randomly..as if there is no actual goal or design.  Just..you, you you and you go out...  That goes for running plays up the middle too.

I know there were a number of questionable calls but the butom line is that our offensive minded head coach coach's offense was unable that take control of the game.  There was some great play calling at times but I felt there were also times when Chip was channeling his inner Gus and tried to get cute. For the most part I liked what I saw of the freshmen again but I thought there were times when we were stuffed that I felt Whitlow should have been in the game   

Gus is Coach O's B#%^*!!!   Arg!!!

Guys....did the refs suck, yes...but quit blaming the refs for the L. This is on our offense not being able to produce when we needed it. Refs didn’t lose it, we did. 

2 minutes ago, 33gles said:

The holding discrepancy is there because our O-line sucks and theirs doesn't. 

Just now, DAG said:

LSU was way more physical for majority of the game tbh. Really controlled the line on both sides for the most part.

Exactly.  LSU wanted it more and played better in the crunch moments.   Face it, WDEWDE was right about the O-Line earlier this week.

Archived