LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

TAYLORKEETON

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Dont know what game you guys were watching who are complaining about PI . Our defensive backs are awful and we will get exposed by any decent QB we face. Also , absolutely no pressure from our "vaunted" defensive front.

poorly coached

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just got beat. Our o-line struggles to protect or open holes because they were constantly getting beat (especially Kim). Our secondary got beat over and over. Our D-Line just couldn’t get the job done. And their offense did just enough to win. Gus choked hard this point in the season last year and did okay, but with our offensive line issues I don’t see us having the same success. If we don’t start upping our o-line recruiting we can look at another 6 years of this

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Guys, critiquing is fine but saying this player or that player sucks is not cool. It sucks losing but let’s handle ourselves 

I second that! Stop calling out players. Terrible way to behave by fans.

1 minute ago, WarEagle1983 said:

When you have an 11 point lead at home and stop being aggressive on offense....yes it is. It's another blown lead in a big game on his resume. If it wasn't a pattern then i could agree. 

I really dont think so. He doesn't call the  plays anymore. I blame Chip for the conservative play calling.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

LSU was way more physical for majority of the game tbh. Really controlled the line on both sides for the most part.

I disagree. Their OL had a better game. Their D also had a much better idea of what we were doing on offense. Why? Because it hardly ever changes. 

Anders Carlson and his holder are only average.

Our guys were not ready to play.

4th and 7 to win the game against our defense?  I'd have taken our chances to win this game.

Another sure win given up by Gus Malzahn, our coach for the next 7 years.

I'm pissed.

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He didn't throw a pick on the second play and he didn't run 10 yards down the field while the QB threw a fade. The guy has plenty of shortcomings that drive me nuts, but not today. 

no man... the time management was atrocious.  we were not prepared.  orgeron our coached him, AGAIN!  

and i’m sorry... but the db’s are on him too.  he recruited them.  he’s the one that missed on literally every big-time corner we’ve gone after.  it’s his program that is so depleted that we have to play a wide-receiver at starting corner.  he’s in charge of who coaches our secondary. 

gus is the boss... the buck stops with him.

3 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Gonna stop me? They were terrible, and on multiple occasions killed/extended drives based on BAD or NO Calls. Not to mention the holding discrepancy.

Are you Jimmy Fallon's twin brother?

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Exactly.  LSU wanted it more and played better in the crunch moments.   Face it, WDEWDE was right about the O-Line earlier this week.

Yeah that Devon was going to work lol.

To all of the people wanting to blame Gus today, I have one question:

Have you ever seen a home team have two PI's called on them on the game winning drive that extended the drive for the road team? 

Bash Gus for the 2015 and 2016 all you want. Bash him for LSU and Clemson last season. Don't put this one on him. 

• WarTiger changed the title to LSU postgame thread (merged threads)

I am just so tired of losing to these guys when we can shut the door with 1 drive in the 2nd half to seal it. Yet we go stale for 3 straight possessions 

Our secondary got exposed against Washington. If we run don't get pressure, they get catches or PI flags. We got hosed on some calls but it never should have done down to that. Offensive line needed to be better. Way better. QB needed to be better and defensive line needed to be better when we needed it. SMH. 

Refs didn't help,  but we had opportunities.   You can't throw interceptions in a game le this.   You can't leave points on the field.  Take the field goal, don't try to convert the 4th down early in the game.  Play calling wasn't always good.  It took 1.5 quarters for the offense to show some life. 

Hope we fix some of this. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

Stidham has quite a way to go if we are being honest. Great kid. Great kid. But still missing reads and happy feet in the pocket.

nail on head

16 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Games like this is why Gus will never be a great coach. He will always be mired in mediocrity. 

bammer

7 minutes ago, chickendale said:

he cant see the field

Well, he is coached by Malzahn, and Lindsey. Had he transferred to A&M he would probably be throwing for 500 yards a game. 

Seriously Stidham is Tom Brady when given a clean pocket, and time to throw. When pressured he gets happy feet. He has always been a basically one read QB. That's coaching.

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Have you ever seen a home team have two PI's called on them on the game winning drive that extended the drive for the road team? 

Bash Gus for the 2015 and 2016 all you want. Bash him for LSU and Clemson last season. Don't put this one on him. 

Those were PIs though . Clear grabs. The problem was the refs were so inconsistent but the refs didn’t cost us the game. We have to get more consistent on the offensive end. The defense kept us in as long as they could.

2 minutes ago, Altima said:

no man... the time management was atrocious.  we were not prepared.  orgeron our coached him, AGAIN!  

and i’m sorry... but the db’s are on him too.  he recruited them.  he’s the one that missed on literally every big-time corner we’ve gone after.  it’s his program that is so depleted that we have to play a wide-receiver at starting corner.  he’s in charge of who coaches our secondary. 

gus is the boss... the buck stops with him.

"The DB's are on him, he recruited them," may be the worst Gus blame I've ever heard. Congratulations my friend. 

7 minutes ago, 33gles said:

Gonna stop me? They were terrible, and on multiple occasions killed/extended drives based on BAD or NO Calls. Not to mention the holding discrepancy.

You need to watch that attitude behind a keyboard with the “gonna stop me?” Are we 16 again? 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Our OL is in disarray. Our offense is sporadic.  How are these issues not on him?

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

For us to do what we thought we were going to do we have to be better. Coaching, o line, hb and Qb. He hasn't been as good as hyped. Refs screwed us though

Out of likes.....but I agree with you cole.

If you play crap and grab coverage like our DBs did you’re not going to get the calls.  The last call was crap but it was the result of the secondary not being sound most of the game. 

Archived