OL

musicitytiger

1 minute ago, musicitytiger said:

Think there will be any kind of shakeup this week?  If my memory is correct, Gus usually waits until our first loss to shake up the OL

At C most certainly. If there is going to be a move made...it has to be this week IMO. Arkansas then Southern Miss is a good time to work in new OL

23 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

It's our weak point right now.   I wonder if Gus parts with Grimes at the end of the year?

Scared to ask that question last time we ended up with herb hand. 

53 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

It's our weak point right now.   I wonder if Gus parts with Grimes at the end of the year?

I don’t know that you can pin it on Grimes honestly.

We all knew OL and Secondary were our biggest ?’s and we’ve really just seen how damaging it is.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don’t know that you can pin it on Grimes honestly.

We all knew OL and Secondary were our biggest ?’s and we’ve really just seen how damaging it is.

It's  not the coaching, it's the recruiting.  I just do not believe Grimes is up to recruiting the caliber linemen we need to  win a NATTY.  Gus needs to find a Garner equivalent  for a o-line coach.

We need to be like UGA and UA and shell out whatever's needed to get top of the line OLinemen. They get 3 Bradens minimum each recruiting class. We get one every 4 years (I guess Ashley was supposed to be of that tier, only the lord knows what happened to him). I knew it was gonna be a bad look when Kaleb couldnt find any snaps anywhere with the sometimes abysmal OLine play the previous 2 years, and he's really just bad at his job. Nothing personal at all, but I was depleted when I saw he made it past the first quarter in this game. Brahm must've broke his entire chest frame to not be a better alternative at this point

8 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

It's  not the coaching, it's the recruiting.  I just do not believe Grimes is up to recruiting the caliber linemen we need to  win a NATTY.  Gus needs to find a Garner equivalent  for a o-line coach.

I don't think you can put any blame on Grimes for the past recruiting.  He came in way too late to affect recruiting in any way.  Place that blame on Gus and Hand.  Grimes is a very good OLine coach.  We have to let him prove or disprove his ability to recruit again. 

6 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

I think most were expecting Brahms to be starting this week, kind of surprising that he didn't. 

He will start next week.  Unless, of course, Gus's stubbornness won't allow it. 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

We need to be like UGA and UA and shell out whatever's needed to get top of the line OLinemen. They get 3 Bradens minimum each recruiting class. We get one every 4 years (I guess Ashley was supposed to be of that tier, only the lord knows what happened to him). I knew it was gonna be a bad look when Kaleb couldnt find any snaps anywhere with the sometimes abysmal OLine play the previous 2 years, and he's really just bad at his job. Nothing personal at all, but I was depleted when I saw he made it past the first quarter in this game. Brahm must've broke his entire chest frame to not be a better alternative at this point

Meaning we should pay for players?

54 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Who is this Brahms and why is he so good?

He's not Kim, and we don't know whether he is or not.

Center is so crucial for us, and we are not getting the kind of play needed. I thought we would see improvement from Kim. We may have, but his two holding penalties were killers for us at critical points. People who believe that we took our foot off the pedal should consider the timing of those penalties and the breakdown in pass protection in the second half. I don't think we took the foot off the pedal so much as it was removed from the pedal.

1 hour ago, sevenlee36 said:

It remains to be seen how much of an improvement he may or may not can be. He was reportedly ahead of Kim during the Spring and if not for the injury would have likely been the starter from game one. 

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

1 hour ago, NoALtiger said:

It remains to be seen how much of an improvement he may or may not can be. He was reportedly ahead of Kim during the Spring and if not for the injury would have likely been the starter from game one. 

At this point I think we need to find out. If memory serves me he came to Auburn because of the Aviation school. We need to see if he can fly this plane too. 

3 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

The #2 guy is always the better player.....surely you know this by now....?

Archived