So what's to come?

cole256

Ultimately, our offense needs to pivot styles and understand where our strengths are.

We should never have less than 4 receivers at any given time and we should use quick timing routes to dink and dunk our way down the field. Spread out and wear out the opponent using fast precision passing and slowing down their pass rush. Then, after they're spread out you hammer 'em with Boobee and gash 'em with Shiv and K-Mart. Don't even try to be a "hurry up" team anymore because the Corndogs of the world will just kill any momentum with a Peter Griffin style knee grab.

Use the pass to open up the run.

Stay out of all these 3rd and forevers Stidham seems to melt down under.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Tiger said:

but I think a lot of our ills will be cured if Gus and staff embrace the idea that this team is built for finesse.

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve always thought Gus lets other people (fans, boosters, etc) affect how he coaches. Know it’s easier said than done, but be true to yourself! When he was OC and beginning HC everyone griped about the D getting tired because his offense was too fast and he seemed to change accordingly. If your football philosophy is to win a 55-54 shootout or a 3-0 defensive grind so be it and do it! Am I and other fans gonna b***h and complain if we lose?? Of course we are! We’re emotional fans. But I’d have much more respect for him if he thought that by god come hell or high water I’m doing it my way and we’ll either win or go down in flames. He’s always seemed too wishy washy to me but maybe that’s all in my head and nobody else feels that way 

15 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I disagree about the front four. If you go back and review it as some have said and I have verified by re-watching the game, LSU kept 7 to 9 players in to block those four guys . That meant we had 7 guys to cover 2 or 3 backs and couldn’t get it done. I fault KS on this . If you see this happening you have to bring the blitz . You can’t give a QB that much time. 

You're right. Our secondary was getting burned anyway at least put some pressure on the QB 

9 hours ago, AUJedi said:

Maybe it’s just me but I’ve always thought Gus lets other people (fans, boosters, etc) affect how he coaches. Know it’s easier said than done, but be true to yourself! When he was OC and beginning HC everyone griped about the D getting tired because his offense was too fast and he seemed to change accordingly. If your football philosophy is to win a 55-54 shootout or a 3-0 defensive grind so be it and do it! Am I and other fans gonna b***h and complain if we lose?? Of course we are! We’re emotional fans. But I’d have much more respect for him if he thought that by god come hell or high water I’m doing it my way and we’ll either win or go down in flames. He’s always seemed too wishy washy to me but maybe that’s all in my head and nobody else feels that way 

He definitely has addressed some of the issues like rotating backs, learning the importance of defense, etc. Now I don't know if that's other people influencing him or him understanding making some changes was very important in increasing his chances to win more games.

21 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

LSU looses to Mississippi State and Ole Miss. We win out looking unstoppable doing it and all is right with the world again. 

While hard to believe it could happen at the present time.......LSU is known to have problems with average Arkansas teams in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 8:24 AM, cole256 said:

I'm a little nervous about miss st. They have some monsters at linebacker and they send them. With how we looked at QB and o line that worries me. I don't know how good they are in the secondary though. 

@DAG man read through stuff we said here......I knew it man. I can't explain how I knew but I knew it

19 minutes ago, cole256 said:

@DAG man read through stuff we said here......I knew it man. I can't explain how I knew but I knew it

Yep. Unfortunately the tea leaves were there but we didn’t want to take heed. I soad this already and I will say it again. Noah warned the people of the upcoming flood too the masses just laughed. And today is really the sabath so it still applies 

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep. Unfortunately the tea leaves were there but we didn’t want to take heed. I soad this already and I will say it again. Moses warned the people of the upcoming flood too the masses just laughed. And today is really the sabath so it still applies 

What flood are we talking about here...? Are you referring to Noah?

3 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

What flood are we talking about here...? Are you referring to Noah?

Yeah I am an idiot 

Just now, DAG said:

Yeah I am an idiot 

No you're not. However, if you'd like to spin a metaphor out of burning bushes, parting seas, babies floating in river baskets, various plagues such as bloody water, frogs, locusts, and death of children, commandments on stone tablets, wandering deserts, erecting taberbacles, or beating rocks with sticks, then Moses is definitely your man.

Archived