So what's to come?

cole256

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

What happen is we need to pass the ball more. Spread the field and spread the defense out. I don’t know why we have to force the issue on the run , if we don’t have that identity. That use to be one of the big Pros of Gus. He could shape his system to benefit his players style.

Run something more similar to Ole Miss' offense. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Run something more similar to Ole Miss' offense. 

I would love that actually .  That won’t happen. What I fear will happen is we will run all over Arkansas, Southern Mississippi, etc, etc and the clear things we need to work on will get pushed to the side until we face a UGA. 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I hate this feeling, waking up thinking it was a dream then looking at the scores and seeing it's real......

But I'm interested in what do you think is going to happen rest of the season. I don't want to be a downer but I don't see us having this much talent on one team anytime soon, so I really was wanting this to be a good season.

I guess it still can with the loss happening early, I think we have been exposed a little though 

Yep. This loss hurts.  Gus cannot recruit decent offensive linemen for the life of him and that’s already becoming a liability. I’m also disappointed with having no pass rush. We have maulers on the D line but none of them can pass rush.

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Next week though, I just want to see a true slaughter . Limited mistakes, no turnovers and being engaged for 48 full minutes. I also want to see Joey Gatewood play. I don’t care if it is at QB or WR.

JG has been nursing a hand injury. 

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

JG has been nursing a hand injury. 

Is it broken? Because yesterday I saw him on the sideline doing those animated handshakes

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Yep. This loss hurts.  Gus cannot recruit decent offensive linemen for the life of him and that’s already becoming a liability. I’m also disappointed with having no pass rush. We have maulers on the D line but none of them can pass rush.

Lack of pass rush baffles me the most.

3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I didn't think we'd have o line problems this year, I figured next year because we really didn't do well with o line recruiting last year.....we better get some good guys this year or transfers or we're in trouble

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Is it broken? Because yesterday I saw him on the sideline doing those animated handshakes

Not broken and I have not heard anything since the first game. 

If played today:

Most likely losses: Georgia and Alabama

Could very well lose: Miss St and Texas Am

Potential Upset: Ole Miss ( they like to pass)

I see us at 8-4 another solid but disappointing year. 

We make it to the the toilet bowl and lose to North Texas

so 8-5

Actually after making that post we should probably think about playing AT and CA on o line. Especially if we lose again

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Actually after making that post we should probably think about playing AT and CA on o line. Especially if we lose again

If AT is stronger at center than Kaleb absolutely.  

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bro!!! I saw that. But it was like he had in his head that he was going to throw the fade no matter what

Yep. It’s not as cool to throw it to Chandler on the checkdown though.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

What happen is we need to pass the ball more. Spread the field and spread the defense out. I don’t know why we have to force the issue on the run , if we don’t have that identity. That use to be one of the big Pros of Gus. He could shape his system to benefit his players style.

Agree with all but the last two sentences.  The only time Gus has ever adjusted his system was with Cam and Nick. He relied heavily on the Read Option and let them do whatever was available.  Otherwise, it is Gus's system of run first to set up the home run pass.  He has to develop an intermediate passing game that will then set up his beloved run game.  

Odds are we don't lose again until UGA and we are right back in the thick of it. We imploded early last year, got hot, then imploded again. Same as 2016 as well. Don't see why we shouldn't expect it again. 

Honestly to compete for the SEC Championship we have to go undefeated in SEC West.......3 games in and we already need help........geez I am going to stop thinking......making me feel worse.

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Agree with all but the last two sentences.  The only time Gus has ever adjusted his system was with Cam and Nick. He relied heavily on the Read Option and let them do whatever was available.  Otherwise, it is Gus's system of run first to set up the home run pass.  He has to develop an intermediate passing game that will then set up his beloved run game.  

He was not like that with Chris Todd or with Paul Smith at Tulsa (granted this was not the SEC). He also wasn’t like this with Casey Dick at Arkansas. Post 2013, he has became very rigid.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

6 game winning streak until we play UGA tbh. 

you think we have a good chance against Ta and m?

Just now, aubiefifty said:

you think we have a good chance against Ta and m?

I don’t think they have the defense that LSU has. I do think Mond and Co could be a problem. However, we better and must win because as of now, I don’t see us beating UGA or Bama.

But you got to take it one game at a time. Apparently , CCM at Arkansas is Gus’s protege..Arkansas is imploding over there. If we can’t put up a dominating performance against them, I will be severely questioning a lot of things about this team.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I had hoped that after our near-disaster with pass interference penalties in the Washington game, we'd have cleaned that up. Obviously not. According to post-game radio stats, we had 111 yards in penalties. They didn't break it down by position but a lot of that was on the D-backfield. That has to be fixable!

Now, my prediction was 10-2, with one loss when we were favored and one loss when we were the underdog. I've used up my credit but 10-2 is still possible.

do you think adding the new secondary coach confused things a bit? it seems like we backslid a lot in the secondary? maybe the two secondary coaches do not gel well?

I thought the oline played very well against LSU. We abandoned the run at times and wanted to start being a cool pass team. Then we started to move the ball nowhere we even started throwing it to the other team because it’s fun and it’s really cool. Got to get those road grader going and run the dang ball. We don’t have no Joe Montanyo at QB or a Thomas Brady.

33 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would love that actually .  That won’t happen. What I fear will happen is we will run all over Arkansas, Southern Mississippi, etc, etc and the clear things we need to work on will get pushed to the side until we face a UGA. 

Probably Miss St game we will get pushed around. 

8 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I thought the oline played very well against LSU. We abandoned the run at times and wanted to start being a cool pass team. Then we started to move the ball nowhere we even started throwing it to the other team because it’s fun and it’s really cool. Got to get those road grader going and run the dang ball. We don’t have no Joe Montanyo at QB or a Thomas Brady.

We abandoned the run because we CANT consistently run the ball. When we actually passed the ball, we got into a rhythm, were able to get first downs and go pace. What the heck. This team needs to be pass first. I don’t care if they run a WR screen which is as good as a Run play. But running the ball early has put us in 3rd and long too often. 

Archived