LSU Game Report Card

StatTiger

Just now, jAUSon said:

Well done @StatTiger thank you.

04) Score on at least 1/3 of possessions: [23.1%] pass ?

I just noticed this too. Offense is 4 of 16. Ouch. 

This is one of your best analyses ever, Stat.

We couldn't convert consistently on 3rd downs, while LSU did a good job of it.

We couldn't dominate the line, while LSU did a good job of it.

We couldn't protect the ball, while LSU did a good job of it.

LSU wins.

• Like 1

Just now, around4ever said:

Thanks Stat.  This explains the loss.  What it doesn't explain is how we lost by only 1 point. 

I think it's because we are a better team than LSU, but LSU played a better game.

• Like 6

We miss a rush end terribly and that is absolutely necessary in an4 man front.  Coe and Davidson are fine but not Lawson or Sunsei Mud.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks stat. 

What is it that is up with this team? I just dont get it. We seem to be so close to climbing into the upper echelons  but almost always,we come up short. We heve seen how this team can be elite

It feels like we are snake bitten...

• RunInRed pinned and featured this topic

Wonder what the breakdown is for 1st down play choice.  Is passing more resulting in better yardage?  It seems like Auburn is running two offenses sometimes.  A Gus offense(jet sweep, zone run, play action deep throw) and a Chip offense(pass heavy, slants, screen pass).   Washington was heavy Chip, ASU was more Gus.  LSU started Chip then it looks like Gus took over mid game and More Chip heavy to end?  Auburn was successful going fast yesterday but it’s harder to go fast in Chip’s offense.  Any thoughts?  

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Thanks Stat.  This explains the loss.  What it doesn't explain is how we lost by only 1 point. 

Indeed …thanks Stat......revealed in numbers what we saw on the field.....

O getting most of the blame but when a defense that was supposed to be one of the best 4 or 5 in the nation gets handled like they did yesterday and could not get off the field ......that's stunning...….and not a good sign for the rest of the season unless Steele can find some answers.

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Summed up very well. And thank you for not mentioning the officiating. 

Feels like we are one Ford/Lawson/Fairly/Holland away from being a dominant defense. 

Did I miss something???? What's this about officiating??

Knew better than to look at Stats stats..........Hard to stomach the truth staring back at you........thanks for posting.

Edited by kevon67

Coach O may not fit the media's idea of an SEC coach........the man hasnt been known as a good recruiter and motivater of men all these years for nothing.........he brought his team to a hostile enviroment ready to play.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Did I miss something???? What's this about officiating??

Knew better than to look at Stats stats..........Hard to stomach the truth staring back at you........thanks for posting.

Per JMR on his "What I think I saw" Post:  I am not one to believe “the officials are out to get us”. But LSU, which has had problems with their offensive line this season, obviously made a conscious decision to hold until the officials called it. They never did call it, and the holding was rampant on both pass and run plays from beginning to end. I’ll admit, the no-call on Greedy Williams holding Darius Slayton with both hands in clear view of a huge play, followed by the tacky PI call on Jamel Dean, did make me consider jumping over to the conspiracy side of things.

Edited by FormerlySec38Row34
Misspelling.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Auburn's Report card for the LSU game.
Offense gets an D+. Defense gets an F. Special Teams. gets an C+.

Gee, sounds kinda like my first quarter at Auburn...no F....but otherwise, pretty close...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here's a look at what our guys did on the career stats charts:

* Darius Slayton reached 1,000 career receiving and all-purpose yards. Slayton also passed Ryan Davis as the team career leader in TD receptions, with 7.

* Jarrett Stidham passed Nick Marshall for 10th all-time in completions.

Looking forward to Arkansas:

* Eli Stove needs 60 all-purpose yards for 1,000 career

* Kam Martin needs 103 rushing yards to reach 1,000 for his career

* Stidham needs 69 yards of total offense to reach 4,000

* Ryan Davis needs 100 yards receiving to enter the top 20 all-time (Greg Taylor)

On 9/16/2018 at 9:48 AM, lala said:

We miss a rush end terribly and that is absolutely necessary in an4 man front.  Coe and Davidson are fine but not Lawson or Sunsei Mud.   

It feels like we have a ton of bunch stop gap DTs and no actual pass rush DEs