Attendance ... AU vs. LSU

RunInRed

Just now, auskip07 said:

Ticket prices to pay for that 7 mill dollar coach. 

Well not really.  The price of season tickets hasn't gone up much at all.  The way pricing is done for individual games has changed dramatically though.  Certain smaller games are as low as $30 face, but yesterday was $125.  

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

I honestly think part of it is the administration pricing people out.  I think face was around $125.  That's asking a lot, especially when lower bowl on stub hub could be had for $80 four hours prior to kickoff.

Bought my lower bowl  tickets for 90 a/p....and the processing fee. 

It was just hot. There were several times when I had to pace my yelling strategically around the key moments. The student section was fairly consistent though. According to SID:

Useless stat of the day: Saturday’s kickoff temp of 93 degrees was third warmest

game since 1980 (based on avail info from stat books)

It was brutal yesterday. Ticket prices are an issue. I spent 500 just to get in the door, another 100 on game day. Not counting gas and other expenses. I forgot the 40 bucks to park.

This was for a family of four. 

It’s jsut not cost effective to go to every home game. The parking/tailgate experience has gotten worse than when I started going to games in the late 90s. Back then, it was first come first serve. I couldn’t help but notice all of the green space going unused yesterday. 

It’s killed the experience IMO for the average tailgater. 

Between parking, the heat, not trusting the team in big games, and the actual cost of the tickets, it costs ALOT to go to a September day game. I feel like I was severely robbed personally, wasting 4 hours to see another complete disappointment and Im just a student 

I doubt they get even close to selling out for the remainder of the year

1 hour ago, Jones Field said:

It was brutal yesterday. Ticket prices are an issue. I spent 500 just to get in the door, another 100 on game day. Not counting gas and other expenses. I forgot the 40 bucks to park.

This was for a family of four. 

It’s jsut not cost effective to go to every home game. The parking/tailgate experience has gotten worse than when I started going to games in the late 90s. Back then, it was first come first serve. I couldn’t help but notice all of the green space going unused yesterday. 

It’s killed the experience IMO for the average tailgater. 

Indeed.  Admin continues to push tailgating further from campus.  We've had season tickets for 25 years.  We have a daughter who is a Jr. this year.  We'll keep our season tix til she graduates and I'm done.  We'll come to a few games each year via cheap last minute tix.

5 hours ago, corchjay said:

Cost, Hot, and all we heard was how bad we were going to beat LSU.    and now the typical it's Gus' fault stuff...

In Auburn this past week and noted Friday and early yesterday that the tailgate crowd was not the typical early season SEC match up. Saw some of the EMS people early this morning. Excess of 3000 people treated for heat related problems during the game.

I was also able to just walk up to tiger walk five mins before it started. I always go but standing there in the heat was awful and it looks like a lot of people stayed away from that as well.

I remember as a kid, all the roads being packed with cars tailgating around the stadium. The old ag center across from the football complex is where we tailgated- now its been sold to corporate/individual tents. We used to get there early saturday morning, back up my grandads suburnban and listen to the pregame show and other football games. Now my family has an rv that they park way out and ride a bus into town. I hate it. Its comfortable, but i hate it. The atmosphere is gone

I'll echo the comments already said. Saturday's game was brutally hot. We left after halftime and went to watch it in the cool. I walked over to the first aid station and saw several people passed out, hundreds of people on the concourse just sitting there watching it on the screens. Obviously the school can't control the weather, but there were too few bottle refill stations and too few cooling stations for how hot it was yesterday. I don't blame people for not showing up.

To add to those comments on the price of tickets, I agree. I'm a season ticket holder and the cost for the season hasn't gone up that much, but the prices for these individual games are more in some cases than an NFL game. That's absurd. It takes away from the atmosphere when families and longtime fans can't afford to go into the big game.

Speaking of the heat.. wife and I were laughing last night as they were making a big deal out of Tom Brady playing in the hottest game of his career (94 degrees) and his hottest games all being in the 80s except for one other reaching 90 even. Must be nice...

As for Saturday - it was stupid hot. We got out a bit before kick-off to grab food (Dumps Like a Truck - check them out at the corner of Donahue and W Glenn by Goalpost/Insomnia) and we were dying being in the heat just for 20 minutes or so. We normally have student tickets/guest passes but we were both super glad to NOT be at the game this season.

We may try to go to a game or two (homecoming and maybe one other) but I'm content being near the stadium for the festivities and then watching the game in the student union on the live feed (or at least on the network channel).

Archived