Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs LSU

JMR

10 hours ago, milehighfan said:

This is JMO but I truly believe the players believed everything written about them leading up to the LSU game and felt all they had to do was just show up. 

On a more positive note my brother was a volunteer coach at Pinson Valley and he told me today Nix is the real deal. He said he went to PV's game Friday night and said Bo had one heck of a great game. Hopefully, dear, old dad can have him ready by the time he steps on campus.

Yet folks on this board were begging for more media exposure, glowing headlines, and felt AU wasn't getting enough "respect" thrown their way.:dead:

• Like 1

One thought during the game, I am sick of replay. I think it is way overused.  All the momentum from a big play is wiped out immediately while they take a look at it.  The Seth Williams catch and Shivers step out of bounds come to mind.  While replay may "get it right", I would much rather them be wrong some and keep the game flowing.  Maybe they will make better calls on the field knowing replay won't give them a security blanket.  

My suggestion, all scoring plays and turnovers reviewed.  Maybe in the last 2 minutes of a half as well or other situational times but please stop halting play after every amazing play! I think it hurts a tempo team most. 

22 hours ago, keesler said:

Yet folks on this board were begging for more media exposure, glowing headlines, and felt AU wasn't getting enough "respect" thrown their way.:dead:

LOL.......not me.........Never turns out good when we get media praise..........as in Tuberville #2 ranked Tigers after game 2 of the season we may have been out of the top 25.........We seem to be better at working our way up as in 2010.........Now I kid mind you........However, it does seem a case can be made when Auburn recieves alot of hype.

On 9/18/2018 at 9:33 AM, keesler said:

I'll never beg for more exposure, but I'm always happy when we get it.

I'll be even happier when we have a coach and team who know how to deal with it. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2018 at 4:57 PM, JMR said:

Auburn is still running many of the same routes we’ve run for a few years now. LSU was well-schooled on those routes, and managed two interceptions, in part because they were willing to jump the route.

Kodi Burns

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

Kodi Burns

Who is "expert on the finer points of perimeter blocking, Auburn's primary responsibility for guys who were elite pass catchers in high school"?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I'm pretty sure these remarks were tongue-in-cheek but.... surely we don't blame Kodi for our simplistic passing game? He has his faults but I don't think I can hold him responsible for that....

26 minutes ago, fredst said:

I'm pretty sure these remarks were tongue-in-cheek but.... surely we don't blame Kodi for our simplistic passing game? He has his faults but I don't think I can hold him responsible for that....

I blame Grimes...

32 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I blame Grimes...

I have to call you out on how wrong you are here. It’s the damn DBs fault. If they knew when to look for the ball....

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Kodi Burns

I don't think he's ready for D1, but I don't hold him responsible for our passing scheme, or receiver route tree.  Pretty sure he's coaching and doing exactly what he's told to do.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I don't think he's ready for D1, but I don't hold him responsible for our passing scheme, or receiver route tree.  Pretty sure he's coaching and doing exactly what he's told to do.

Agree. We're loaded with elite talent at WR. These kids knew how to run routes before they got here. Freshmen WRs contribute at programs all over the country. They weren't "developed" between their last high school game and their first college game. And Kodi's not teaching them to run routes poorly. 

I'm not saying that Kodi is a "good WR coach". It's just that I don't think he's the problem.