Still in top 10

aubiefifty

in Ap poll.. it is an al.com piece so not posting the article..................waves

sorry guys i meant to say top ten in my excitement. we are ninth.............i corrected it.

1 minute ago, TigerOne said:

so, no real surprise, that's about where we should be. Lose again though and we will barely be in the top 25.

i thought it might be a reminder that the sun still shines after our loss saturday.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

These rankings don't matter.  Why get excited?  The first real poll doesn't come out for another six weeks.

well brad my take is the so called experts still think we are better than maybe most of our fans are? they do matter. you think our kids do not see this and think they still have a chance? that is my take on it.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

well brad my take is the so called experts still think we are better than maybe most of our fans are? they do matter. you think our kids do not see this and think they still have a chance? that is my take on it.

I don't think our kids give a damn about the AP because they don't have time to care about insignificant things.  They understand that the rankings which matter come in November when the CFP polls come out, as evidenced by last year when we were #2 in the CFP and outside the top 5 everywhere else.  Also, their stated goal is to win the SEC.  Do that, and the rankings take care of themselves.

And who gives a damn what a bunch of sports writers think?  I don't.  Only thing that matters is we are 0-1 in SEC play.

I don't think our kids give a damn about the AP because they don't have time to care about insignificant things.  They understand that the rankings which matter come in November when the CFP polls come out, as evidenced by last year when we were #2 in the CFP and outside the top 5 everywhere else.  Also, their stated goal is to win the SEC.  Do that, and the rankings take care of themselves.

we will just disagree then.

Shhh fifty, don't you know Gus pulls wings off flies and only sunshine pumpers think there's hope after this early season 1 pt loss on the game's last play to a now top 6 LSU team (accord to media AND coaches)?

From a personal standpoint AU still being ranked in the top ten does nothing to help with another disappointing loss to LSU. Hopefully they rally again and its not another 8-5 kind of year. It sure looks like its going to be right now. 

AU will win out ... you heard it first from JDubb on 1077 the vulture . Hear my show everyday between 4-412 pm . In between heifer swap and car guys .

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

And who gives a damn what a bunch of sports writers think?  I don't.  Only thing that matters is we are 0-1 in SEC play.

3 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

tried but i cannot let this go. I give a damn. take your cursing and bull elsewhere. i did not lose anything. just trying to give people something positive. it would be nice if you take your anger out on someone else..........

It's pretty surprising to me that we're still ranked in the top 10 (I had us falling to 15 myself). The media is giving us (and Washington) and LSU a lot of respect that may or may not be deserved. But it's the media.. so most of this might just be to hype up future games to draw in viewership/ratings.

Either way.. it does influence the CFP rankings at least to a small degree so I'm glad we're where we're at after that "last second, one point" loss.

1 minute ago, keesler said:

AU not getting the respect many fans thought they deserved was a hot topic in many discussion last week. 

I'm curious to know where we are on the "Respect" meter today.

great point!

Besides heartbreak, what I hated is that we matched up pretty evenly with a good but probably not elite team. Offensely and defensively. At home. With better teams to come. Not at home. The loss is survivable (LSU has a brutal schedule as well), the question is does the team have a higher gear in them. Otherwise, there are some bad scenarios and inevitable board meltdowns to come.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

tried but i cannot let this go. I give a damn. take your cursing and bull elsewhere. i did not lose anything. just trying to give people something positive. it would be nice if you take your anger out on someone else..........

LOL!  You thought my comment was angry?  All I said was that these rankings don't matter and I highly doubt the kids care too.  In their own words, the team's goal is to win the SEC.  We can be ranked 130th, but that has no bearing on the SEC standings.

And who said you lost anything?  Grow up man.  

LOL!  You thought my comment was angry?  All I said was that these rankings don't matter and I highly doubt the kids care too.  In their own words, the team's goal is to win the SEC.  We can be ranked 130th, but that has no bearing on the SEC standings.

And who said you lost anything?  Grow up man.  

no. your words are proof. i posted the thread and you said who gives a damn. and the nobody gives a damn. i obviously do or i would not have posted what i did. take your own advice. if i said the same thing to you i guarantee you would not like it. be mad all you want but do not take it out on me. you are still melting after three days. try losing with class..............no one on this board enjoyed this loss. your anger will not get gus gone. it will not help the team. nor is it helping your fellow posters.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

no. your words are proof. i posted the thread and you said who gives a damn. and the nobody gives a damn. i obviously do or i would not have posted what i did. take your own advice. if i said the same thing to you i guarantee you would not like it. be mad all you want but do not take it out on me. you are still melting after three days. try losing with class..............no one on this board enjoyed this loss. your anger will not get gus gone. it will not help the team. nor is it helping your fellow posters.

HAHAHAHA!  You should really read the board more closely.  I'm over here in other threads defending Gus's record against top competition.  I actually think he's the best coach we've had since Dye.  We haven't been this nationally relevant on a consistent basis since the 80s, because we've been ranked in the top 10 of the College Football Playoff poll in four of his five seasons at some point.

Do I think we blew the game Saturday?  Yes.  But I'm not melting.  It's a reality of college football that the AP poll nor the Coaches poll matter anymore when determining a national champion.  They haven't since 2014 when the playoff came into existence.  That's why I said "who gives a damn".

Some advice: you really need to stop being so sensitive.  It's a freaking football message board.  And no, I wouldn't have taken any offense if you said the same to me because it's an opinion about a sport.  None of this actually matters. It's merely a distraction from the doldrums of everyday life.

i am pretty sure at sixtyfour my personality is not going to change. you said something i found offensive and instead of being classy about it you want to lecture me on how i should act on a message board. the difference between you and me is if i offend someone on this site.......other than the political boards which i quit posting on.......i would sincerely apologize. and yes i care about rankings. if bama falls five spots i rag my bama friends unmercifully. we all see it differently. what you might not care about others do. right now the rankings count because if we get it together we do not have as far to climb to maybe get in or get back in the playoffs. but whatever.................

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i am pretty sure at sixtyfour my personality is not going to change. you said something i found offensive and instead of being classy about it you want to lecture me on how i should act on a message board. the difference between you and me is if i offend someone on this site.......other than the political boards which i quit posting on.......i would sincerely apologize. and yes i care about rankings. if bama falls five spots i rag my bama friends unmercifully. we all see it differently. what you might not care about others do. right now the rankings count because if we get it together we do not have as far to climb to maybe get in or get back in the playoffs. but whatever.................

The playoff committee has stated and demonstrated that they don't even look at the AP or Coaches polls.  You're making college football arguments from a bygone era.

And I can't help what you interpret as offensive.  I didn't call you out personally on anything.  I gave an opinion.  I have absolutely nothing to apologize for.

The playoff committee has stated and demonstrated that they don't even look at the AP or Coaches polls.  You're making college football arguments from a bygone era.

And I can't help what you interpret as offensive.  I didn't call you out personally on anything.  I gave an opinion.

whatever dude. you refuse to show any class so it is what it is................

Yep, still in the top 10. I see losses in the future for LSU, Stanford, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Auburn will be deep in the playoff discussion by the time they head to Athens.

10 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Yep, still in the top 10. I see losses in the future for LSU, Stanford, Oklahoma and Notre Dame. Auburn will be deep in the playoff discussion by the time they head to Athens.

That’s what I am thinking. Hopefully UGA can beat LSU. I want them undefeated when we play them.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s what I am thinking. Hopefully UGA can beat LSU. I want them undefeated when we play them.

i hate ga more than bama and i never thought that would happen. ever. it is tough living in bama country. if i pass a bama fan hitch hiking i would pick him up but make him ride in the back. if a ga fan was hitch hiking i give him the finger if i did not accidentally run him down first. and trsut me i do not like bama.

Archived