Legatron waived by Vikings

TigerFanAU

Carlson was waived by the Vikings on Monday, Tom Pelissero of NFL.com reports.

This news is hardly surprising after Carlson missed three field goals in Sunday's tie with Green Bay -- a game in which Carlson missed a potential game-winner from 35 yards out in overtime. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Vikings are expected to sign veteran Dan Bailey to replace him.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/daniel-carlson-waived-by-vikings/

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

This makes me incredibly sad. Someone will pick him up though!

Hopefully. He has struggled since he beat out the other kicker. Puzzling. 

He missed 3 dang kicks. Welcome to the NFL. At a packer watch party when it happened. Can’t do things like that especially against a rival.

i hope he gets it turned around. that is very unlike him.

He was oddly off last year as well. It's like a batter, sometimes you get in a funk and sometimes it costs you your job. I personally wouldn't have cut him.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

He was oddly off last year as well. It's like a batter, sometimes you get in a funk and sometimes it costs you your job. I personally wouldn't have cut him.

It's Minnesota.  Their history with kickers missing clutch kicks isn't pretty.  Not sure their fans would have been ok keeping him after yesterday.

56 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

This makes me incredibly sad. Someone will pick him up though!

Not based on his most recent body of work.  It's business, and he didn't take care of his business at the most crucial time on the field.

Translating kicking success from college to the NFL is among the most difficult in the sport.  Most of the best kickers in the league came from no-name schools and were not Garza winners.  Carlson wouldn't be the first "hyped" kicker to flop in the NFL; the same thing happened with the kid from FSU who Tampa stupidly drafted in the 2nd round.  Being a good kicker in college really doesn't seem to mean a whole lot in terms of predicting future success.

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Translating kicking success from college to the NFL is among the most difficult in the sport.  Most of the best kickers in the league came from no-name schools and were not Garza winners.  Carlson wouldn't be the first "hyped" kicker to flop in the NFL; the same thing happened with the kid from FSU who Tampa stupidly drafted in the 2nd round.  Being a good kicker in college really doesn't seem to mean a whole lot in terms of predicting future success.

Are you talking about Grammatica?  The kid who tore an ACL while celebrating and never kicked right after that?

Just now, LKEEL75 said:

Are you talking about Grammatica?  The kid who tore an ACL while celebrating and never kicked right after that?

No, Aguayo.  The kid that won the Garza over Carlson the one year.  He played against us when FSU beat us for the championship.

Just now, BigSammyK said:

Robert Aguayo

Just now, metafour said:

No, Aguayo.  The kid that won the Garza over Carlson the one year.  He played against us when FSU beat us for the championship.

Just now, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

No, the Aguiyo (spelling?) kid

We got this ??

Here is what was my problem with not only Legatron but also Cody Parkey our other NFL kicker currently. I may be wrong on this but did they have any traditional walk off field goals in their career with AU? I do not believe so. I am like 99% sure it never happened with Legatron. Less sure with Parkey but still pretty confident. I know Legatron had the game vs LSU in 2016 where he won the game by himself but I am talking like a walk off field goal like Byrum in the swamp in 07 or Byrum to win the natty or Damon Duval to knock off number 1 florida in 01. Wes Byrum will always be my favorite AU kicker for this reason. I thought he was the most clutch. And that at the end of the day is how kickers are judged. Especially in the NFL. How they kick in the pressure moments. Legatron had never really had those kind of moments till yesterday in his career.

18 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Here is what was my problem with not only Legatron but also Cody Parkey our other NFL kicker currently. I may be wrong on this but did they have any traditional walk off field goals in their career with AU? I do not believe so. I am like 99% sure it never happened with Legatron. Less sure with Parkey but still pretty confident. I know Legatron had the game vs LSU in 2016 where he won the game by himself but I am talking like a walk off field goal like Byrum in the swamp in 07 or Byrum to win the natty or Damon Duval to knock off number 1 florida in 01. Wes Byrum will always be my favorite AU kicker for this reason. I thought he was the most clutch. And that at the end of the day is how kickers are judged. Especially in the NFL. How they kick in the pressure moments. Legatron had never really had those kind of moments till yesterday in his career.

The only one I could find for Parkey is when he hit one in overtime to beat Louisiana Monroe. 

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

The only one I could find for Parkey is when he hit one in overtime to beat Louisiana Monroe. 

lol yikes! That is more embarrassing than anything fam!

16 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

lol yikes! That is more embarrassing than anything fam!

Yeah, I think I had blocked that one out of my mind, along with the rest of the 2012 season!

18 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Yeah, I think I had blocked that one out of my mind, along with the rest of the 2012 season!

AS WE ALL SHOULD! haha

Archived