Legatron waived by Vikings

TigerFanAU

10 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

...What happened in 2012?

Just a guess but I believe one of our kickers missed 5 FGs in a game that we lost.....

This was brutal from the Vikings coach today.

Reporter: “What went into the decision today to let Daniel Carlson go?”

Zimmer: “Did you see the game?”

Reporter: “Was it an easy decision?”

Zimmer: “Yeah, it was pretty easy.”

16 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

This was brutal from the Vikings coach today.

Reporter: “What went into the decision today to let Daniel Carlson go?”

Zimmer: “Did you see the game?”

Reporter: “Was it an easy decision?”

Zimmer: “Yeah, it was pretty easy.”

Honestly I love it. I know he will never change and be this guy but I really wish Gus was more like this.

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Just a guess but I believe one of our kickers missed 5 FGs in a game that we lost.....

The John Vaughn game was in 05. Just another choke job vs lsu......

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

That's not a guess, that's fact.  I was in the damn stadium.

*throws up in mouth*

59 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That's not a guess, that's fact.  I was in the damn stadium.

*throws up in mouth*

fortunately I only heard the game on radio or something.....but have not been able to totally wash it from my memory...

20 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Carlson was over kicking everything, hence his misses to the right.  Did the same thing last year.

Trying too hard. Can't force your way out of bad kicks just like you can't force your way out of hooking golf balls. Finesse and composure bud.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Trying too hard. Can't force your way out of bad kicks just like you can't force your way out of hooking golf balls. Finesse and composure bud.

? When that driver reaches your shoulders......I should be able to walk up behind you and thump it out of your hands.

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

fortunately I only heard the game on radio or something.....but have not been able to totally wash it from my memory...

Was that the game that Kenny Irons went off on LSU? I remember listening on the radio as well.

45 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Was that the game that Kenny Irons went off on LSU? I remember listening on the radio as well.

I'm thinking that was a game we lost by a few points.....lots fewer the missed field goals...but could be confused by other LSU games we lost that we should have won......waaay too many of those over the years I am afraid. 

Can you imagine a QB being fired for throwing 3 ints...........Bret Favre's career would have been short lived.......Vinny Testaverde would have been a 1 game rookie for life?

5 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Before the game he was heard saying that he would rush for over 200 yards on them. Finished with like 204 and we still lost 

On 9/18/2018 at 4:52 PM, kevon67 said:

Can you imagine a QB being fired for throwing 3 ints...........Bret Favre's career would have been short lived.......Vinny Testaverde would have been a 1 game rookie for life?

The comparison is if a QB threw 25 passes and completed none of them. They yes, they probably would be waived.

10 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

The comparison is if a QB threw 25 passes and completed none of them. They yes, they probably would be waived.

True.........For the most kickers have the least if any physical contact at practice........reminds me of HS........wishing everyday was shorts and helmet day?

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:54 PM, metafour said:

No, Aguayo.  The kid that won the Garza over Carlson the one year.  He played against us when FSU beat us for the championship.

The Hugh Garza award is given annually to the nation's top drop-kicker.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

He's back! Good luck Daniel. Gonna need it and more playing for Gruden.

Hopefully he can have as long of a career as Sea Bass did for the RAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDERS. WAR DAMN LEGATRON!!!! 

I knew he would another chance. Just glad it's soon, and ought to have plenty of chances with the way that team is being gutted. 

Archived