Arkansas Score Prediction

Zeek

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

If that is the case we are going to get stomped in starkville then.

That's why I wouldn't venture a guess on the MSU game until after we play the Hogs.  I don't know if we'd be stomped, but we could very well drop that game if we don't play much better than we did last weekend.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Most overrated AU qb ever. His legend grows every year lol. He was terrible in sec play and padded his numbers against the rent a win games. His game vs kentucky was one of the worst performances by a AU QB I can ever remember.

"The older I get the better I was" lol but in all seriousness he was mediocre and Gus did a tremendous job in making him serviceable. If he could tailor the offense more to Stidham he'd take someone who is good and make him elite.

I have a feeling Gus will announce the changes to the Oline everyone expects tomorrow at his news conference.  I also have a feeling you’ll start seeing a more Gus heavy  play call aka jet sweep, zone read based off the jet sweep, play action deep bomb off the jet sweep, Sugar huddle followed by one of the 3 plays above, rb sweep right with pulling guard, and the occasional Qb run left.  Expect to see north of 500 yards with 400+ of that rushing.

Gus may decide to keep calling plays through So Miss and UT.  If the offense is humming along then I doubt we’ll see Stidham asked to throw as much as he has the first couple games.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I do think we're suffering from not having our staple "pass rush monster" that we had with Dee Ford, Lemonier, Holland, and Lawson. We have four very good run stuffers and no real sack threat. Found myself numerous times waiting for the patented Auburn sack that kills the momentum of an otherwise game winning drive. It just never came.

I thought that TD or Big Cat would be the ones for that job. It still could happen with time this season.  I think Coe will develop as time goes on as well. It would have been nice if Holland had stayed on for his last season.

I simply just want to outscore them in every quarter. 

11 hours ago, Zeek said:

"The older I get the better I was" lol but in all seriousness he was mediocre and Gus did a tremendous job in making him serviceable. If he could tailor the offense more to Stidham he'd take someone who is good and make him elite.

I'm still trying to understand why Gus goes after pocket QB's when mobile one's are precisely what took him to 2 NC games. :gofig:

It's confounding.

I had to edit mine.  I forgot how Gus and Chad are buddies.  Gus will do what he can to not make it worse on Chad than it has to be and Gus will use this game to work out some OL kinks and do some situational stuff.

AU- 45
Hogs- 13

They've allowed 300 yards passing per game so I'm hoping Gus takes advantage there while only allowing 87 yards rushing... attack them through the air please.

I'm a little concerned that they will start their backup quarterback. Lord knows we like to let backup qbs look like the second coming of Tom Brady.

Ryan Davis is currently our leading receiver with only 109 yards across 3 games...

28 minutes ago, Zeek said:

They've allowed 300 yards passing per game so I'm hoping Gus takes advantage there while only allowing 87 yards rushing... attack them through the air please.

I'm a little concerned that they will start their backup quarterback. Lord knows we like to let backup qbs look like the second coming of Tom Brady.

Ryan Davis is currently our leading receiver with only 109 yards across 3 games...

Our defense hasn't been too bad all things considered. They held UNT to 3/16 on third down with 3 YPC and 6 YPA. Those aren't bad numbers against a pretty good offense.

However we gave up a punt return TD and had SIX INTERCEPTIONS which led to them scoring 44 points. Even against Colorado State the defense played well until the offense continued to stall out and they were on the field way too long. Both of our upperclassman QBs are terrible but giving a true freshman his first college start @ Auburn is probably a bad idea too. It won't matter who the QB is since the OL isn't giving them enough time to throw regardless though. 

Archived