Arkansas Score Prediction

Zeek

19 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Here I go again...

Auburn-3

Arky-2

If we EVER do that again - I quit rooting for Auburn football. LOL

5 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Our defense hasn't been too bad all things considered. They held UNT to 3/16 on third down with 3 YPC and 6 YPA. Those aren't bad numbers against a pretty good offense.

However we gave up a punt return TD and had SIX INTERCEPTIONS which led to them scoring 44 points. Even against Colorado State the defense played well until the offense continued to stall out and they were on the field way too long. Both of our upperclassman QBs are terrible but giving a true freshman his first college start @ Auburn is probably a bad idea too. It won't matter who the QB is since the OL isn't giving them enough time to throw regardless though. 

Hey, we've been there too! Gus won't run up the score though, especially if we jump out to an early lead. He'll throw in a bunch of guys to give them reps and we'll start running every single play. :)

Auburn 45
Arkansas 12 (y'all got a decent FG kicker, right??)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

However, it is 2 highschool coaching buddies going against one another for the first time and I am worrying it will be much different than Vegas sees it. I see a. 34-13 type game AU wins. 

Very good point, but Arky is so bad and you can’t tell a RB to fall down after 3 yards, esp the backups wanting to prove themselves.

We all know Gus will run it 50+ times.

AU 55

Arky 17

44 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Our defense hasn't been too bad all things considered. They held UNT to 3/16 on third down with 3 YPC and 6 YPA. Those aren't bad numbers against a pretty good offense.

However we gave up a punt return TD and had SIX INTERCEPTIONS which led to them scoring 44 points. Even against Colorado State the defense played well until the offense continued to stall out and they were on the field way too long. Both of our upperclassman QBs are terrible but giving a true freshman his first college start @ Auburn is probably a bad idea too. It won't matter who the QB is since the OL isn't giving them enough time to throw regardless though. 

Starting a new QB? He'll be on Heisman Watch Sunday morning...

20 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I also have a feeling you’ll start seeing a more Gus heavy  play call aka jet sweep, zone read based off the jet sweep, play action deep bomb off the jet sweep, Sugar huddle followed by one of the 3 plays above, rb sweep right with pulling guard, and the occasional Qb run left.  

That’s certainly not Gus calling the plays because it omitted three statue of liberties.

9 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm still trying to understand why Gus goes after pocket QB's when mobile one's are precisely what took him to 2 NC games. :gofig:

It's confounding.

He inked JF3 and Willis. Are you not entertained?

20 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Very good point, but Arky is so bad and you can’t tell a RB to fall down after 3 yards, esp the backups wanting to prove themselves.

We all know Gus will run it 50+ times.

AU 55

Arky 17

Agreed, but I'm not at all emphatic over the O line or our tailbacks. Hope u are right though. 

16 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

That’s certainly not Gus calling the plays because it omitted three statue of liberties.

the ole 3rd and long draw play

13 minutes ago, Deemer 47 said:

Agreed, but I'm not at all emphatic over the O line or our tailbacks. Hope u are right though. 

Have you been watching our RBs? We've got some good ones! Just need to shore up the o-line issues and you'll see some big time running. :)

9 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm still trying to understand why Gus goes after pocket QB's when mobile one's are precisely what took him to 2 NC games. :gofig:

It's confounding.

Everybody on the roster or being recruited was listed as a dual threat QB coming out of high school, even Stidham, if you can believe that? I guess White and Johnson were the last pro style QBs he went after so maybe that is a sign that he finally accepted that his offense works better with dual QBs.   

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

Have you been watching our RBs? We've got some good ones! Just need to shore up the o-line issues and you'll see some big time running. :)

I pay more attn to our Rb's than anything. Boobee looks good thus far and shivers is a good scat back. However, as well as they have run between the tackles so far, it will get more fierce. If our O line can't improve, then they will have more difficulties as the SEC schedule goes forward. I said it after he was signed, I like the look and style of  Harold Joiner a lot. Been impressed w the little I've seem of him and the same goes for Asa. Well aware part of being a successful RB in Sec depends on blocking ability. I think joiner is going to come along though. What are your thoughts?

I believe we will experiment quit a bit to evaluate player sets for future improvements going forward.

31-20 Auburn

I think we win big but don't pour it on 41-10. I don't like this deal were some on here are setting up the team saying if we don't win by a certain amount or score so many points it's a negative. That to me is just people looking for another reason to bash Gus even in a win.

Given that we could be breaking in a few new faces on the OL and will probably be pretty conservative with the ball, likely trying to work on the run game, I don't think we will blow their doors off. I don't expect Stidham to throw a bunch, but I do expect him to hit a big play or two through the air.

Auburn 38

Arkansas 13

I just can't (or won't) see Arky scoring a whole lot.  I agree with the comments that Gus will throw in a lot of young players.  I think the script will go similar to Alabama State, but without those darn fumbles!  I am seeing 55-10.  I think our offense gets a lot of points and early defense holds Arky to a field goal and then the players down the depth chart come out and allow Arky a TD.

4 hours ago, bg5 said:

I think we win big but don't pour it on 41-10. I don't like this deal were some on here are setting up the team saying if we don't win by a certain amount or score so many points it's a negative. That to me is just people looking for another reason to bash Gus even in a win.

We should win in dominant fashion. If we don’t do that then yes, Gus deserves criticism. You guys want to complain about teams like Bama and Now UGA about how they recruit at this insane high level. Part of that is dominating teams you should dominate and winning the highly competitive game. We need to start doing that.

19 hours ago, creed said:

I believe we will experiment quit a bit to evaluate player sets for future improvements going forward.

31-20 Auburn

what did they do the month of August?

1 hour ago, DAG said:

We should win in dominant fashion. If we don’t do that then yes, Gus deserves criticism. You guys want to complain about teams like Bama and Now UGA about how they recruit at this insane high level. Part of that is dominating teams you should dominate and winning the highly competitive game. We need to start doing that.

You won't find any quotes from me complaining about other teams recruiting and I get you point but you can dominate but not run the score up on a team. My bigger point is that many on here are looking for anything to grip at Gus about not matter what happens. If you win by 50 why didn't you play the 3rd string etc.?

Archived