No Matter What

Rednilla

You know, I was talking to my father (also an Auburn alum) earlier today about one of my proudest moments as an Auburn Tiger. It was in 2009, when we played the eventual national champion Alabama Crimson Tide down to the wire, but came up short.

After the game, the Bama fans who were there were chanting their classless Rammer Jammer cheer over and over, when something incredible happened. Rising from the rest of the stands, Rammer Jammer was overtaken and drowned out by "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger." There were those clad in crimson who were looking around in utter confusion because they'd just won the game, and we were still chanting over them.

That's what it means to be an Auburn Tiger. Through good times and bad, it's ALWAYS better to be part of "that Cow College", as Bear Bryant famously called us, than it is to be for anyone else. Our orange and blue doesn't go in the drawers for next season when the current one goes sour, like Alabama's crimson does. I, for one, wear it all the more proudly, because it's a part of me, no matter what.

Now, here, amongst ourselves, we are free to criticize and second guess and complain all we want. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, it's ALWAYS great to be an Auburn Tiger. I think some of you guys need to keep that in mind while lashing out about the play of the football team. If you're just a bandwagon fan, go ahead and get off now, because we're more than that. Always have been, and always will be.

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!! No matter what.

Yes, this!!! I was at the game Saturday. Somebody earlier today (when I told them I was there) said something along the lines of “that must have sucked”. While the result did suck, and I hated we didn’t get the win and how it went down, I told them, “Anytime I’m in Auburn, I’m happy, win or lose”. It’s so much bigger than the result of a game. Auburn is special, and yes, it’s always great to be an Auburn Tiger! 

I'm with ya, but I'll never be happy with an Auburn loss (especially how Gus manages to lose winnable games).  Brother, I grew up in the '70's during some rough years (though memorable and loved my Tigers).  I even supported Coach Barfield to the max.  I've supported every Coach at Auburn during my lifetime, from Shug to Gus.

But losing is still no fun, and criticizing doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

Auburn Family.  I believe in Auburn and love it....not just the sports teams, but the university, the town, the people, the tradition, the fans, the experiences I had  and the everlasting friends I made while attending, etc.....With the good times and the bad, IGTBAAT. 

It's what the bandwagon houndstooth nation will never understand.

My kids proudly wear the T-shirts with Darth Vader saying "Auburn Tiger...Like my Father before me."  They've loved the times I took them down to Auburn for the games, and for Bo Bikes Bama. 

I wish the Sani-Freeze was still at the old spot. I'd take them down next time and get an upside down banana split. 

WDE

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

You know, I was talking to my father (also an Auburn alum) earlier today about one of my proudest moments as an Auburn Tiger. It was in 2009, when we played the eventual national champion Alabama Crimson Tide down to the wire, but came up short.

After the game, the Bama fans who were there were chanting their classless Rammer Jammer cheer over and over, when something incredible happened. Rising from the rest of the stands, Rammer Jammer was overtaken and drowned out by "It's Great to be an Auburn Tiger." There were those clad in crimson who were looking around in utter confusion because they'd just won the game, and we were still chanting over them.

That's what it means to be an Auburn Tiger. Through good times and bad, it's ALWAYS better to be part of "that Cow College", as Bear Bryant famously called us, than it is to be for anyone else. Our orange and blue doesn't go in the drawers for next season when the current one goes sour, like Alabama's crimson does. I, for one, wear it all the more proudly, because it's a part of me, no matter what.

Now, here, amongst ourselves, we are free to criticize and second guess and complain all we want. Nevertheless, at the end of the day, it's ALWAYS great to be an Auburn Tiger. I think some of you guys need to keep that in mind while lashing out about the play of the football team. If you're just a bandwagon fan, go ahead and get off now, because we're more than that. Always have been, and always will be.

Agreed, that’s one of the best games I’ve ever been to at Jordan-hare. It can’t be overstated just how loud that chant grew, and it continued for probably a mile out from the stadium. Never seen a more flustered group of Bammers.

My mom, probably the most die hard of us all, has always had two traditions regarding Auburn football that she has handed down to us: 1. Never leave a game, regardless of the score, until 00:00. The team deserves your support and loyalty all the way until the end.

2. We always had to wear Auburn gear the day after a loss. She insisted our constant support is what separates us from the rest.

I believe in Auburn and love it.

it's like i said in another post.quite a few of the auburn fans on here cannot stand what a finebaum or a creepy say and yet they turn around and say as bad or worse things about a team they claim to love. then they make snarky comments to posters or fans that do not agree with them. all this crap does is give our enemies or foes something to laugh about. there is a nice little thread about the au fam and how juicy our meltdowns are and how  funny. i am pretty sure some of you do not love auburn you love winning. and yes there is a difference.

3 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I'm with ya, but I'll never be happy with an Auburn loss (especially how Gus manages to lose winnable games).  Brother, I grew up in the '70's during some rough years (though memorable and loved my Tigers).  I even supported Coach Barfield to the max.  I've supported every Coach at Auburn during my lifetime, from Shug to Gus.

But losing is still no fun, and criticizing doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

Never said to be happy with a loss, and I believe I said it's fine to criticize here, amongst ourselves. I just posted this as a reminder that we're all Auburn to the core.

23 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

Never said to be happy with a loss, and I believe I said it's fine to criticize here, amongst ourselves. I just posted this as a reminder that we're all Auburn to the core.

Amen.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

it's like i said in another post.quite a few of the auburn fans on here cannot stand what a finebaum or a creepy say and yet they turn around and say as bad or worse things about a team they claim to love. then they make snarky comments to posters or fans that do not agree with them. all this crap does is give our enemies or foes something to laugh about. there is a nice little thread about the au fam and how juicy our meltdowns are and how  funny. i am pretty sure some of you do not love auburn you love winning. and yes there is a difference.

i meant to say a thread on another message board site. and they are having fun at our expense.......

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i meant to say a thread on another message board site. and they are having fun at our expense.......

People in general are basically the same regardless of affiliation or feigned exclusion.

I've observed that in my 54+ years. 

Edit: There are always exceptions, and that's in every group.

14 hours ago, Rednilla said:

It was in 2009, when we played the eventual national champion Alabama Crimson Tide down to the wire, but came up short.

Are you insinuating that the exact opposite did not take place after the 2010 IB? bammers didn’t overtake “IGTBAAT” with “rammer jammer”??

GOT to be shhhhtn me. 

I remember that game (and was in attendance with my father) and we were very proud of how they played   

Here Here!! Great post.  I too made sure to wear my Orange AU polo on Sunday to prove I still love my Auburn University.  So we lost a football game, that is all it is - a game.  Sure it stung, and I am not happy to lose, but my wife still loves me, my kids still love me, I still have a job (at Auburn University).  And I will be in the stands this weekend to cheer on my Tigers again!

1 hour ago, Swamp Eagle said:

People in general are basically the same regardless of affiliation or feigned exclusion.

I've observed that in my 54+ years. 

Edit: There are always exceptions, and that's in every group.

i am ten years older and it just seems auburn folks lost with more class than normal fans. in fact we used to give the turds hell for their melt and now we are doing the same. it just kills me............

Archived