Sign in to follow this  
tigerbrotha12

2019 Baseball Pitching Rotation

Saw this in the 2019 Schedule thread but figured a topic was appropriate.

If I had to make a guess right now, I'd probably say:

Burns

Daniel

Wade

would be the rotation we'd go with to begin the season; but I do wonder if Butch plans to use Daniel as that power reliever like he did last year. Daniel was really effective in that role and I could understand not wanting to mess up a good thing there. If Wade is not Tanner Burns 2.0, Ryan Watson has some starting experience and apparently did very well this summer. 

Guessing we'd leave Greenhill as the closer and keep Owen in the mid-week spot. 

Thoughts? 

• Like 1

I think BT gives DD another shot at the rotation. If he scuffles again, he will switch DD to power reliever. I'd say we put Burns, then DD, then either Wade/Owen/Greenhill. I wouldn't mind putting Ryan Watson in the long reliever/spot starter role Mitchell had last year. We will need bullpen arms, and hopefully Owen/Wade, Greenhill, Watson, Anderson, and Hoerter can make up the bulk of the innings in the bullpen. Would also be nice to get solid contributions from the new guys like Kyle Gray. Probably am missing other guys. We probably may see Schilleci in the midweek games a lot more. I just don't want another Coker overuse situation like last year.

• Like 1