Jalen Harris to redshirt then transfer

GwillMac6

19 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus could have Aaron Rodgers and 07 Randy Moss at QB and WR and he would still insist on being a run first team. IF THERE WAS A EVER A YEAR to throw the ball all over the yard this is it!!!!! this team looks to be a lot better at pass pro than road graders AND the best players we have on offense are at the QB and WR position. BUT NOOOO!!! keep on trying to fit that square peg in a round hole gustav!! lol

We could have Gronk and he'd get 3 targets all season... And one of those would be thrown by Chandler Cox

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Tiger said:

We could have Gronk and he'd get 3 targets all season... And one of those would be thrown from Chandler Cox

This is one of those moments where you laugh really hard until you realize it is true and then you start sobbing! lol

10 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

O also random but I miss Kyle Davis THE PLAYER. He was going to be our big bodied explosive WR. NCM just cannot get open at this level and is not the uber athlete Kyle Davis was. Just been wanting to say this for awhile but kept forgetting! lol

Mannnn... Him and Slayton both as deep threats would've been dangerous. Is he playing for Kiffin this season? 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Mannnn... Him and Slayton both as deep threats would've been dangerous. Is he playing for Kiffin this season? 

https://fausports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=671 YES!!!!! like I know we are stacked but omgsh we would be so much more filthy with him. IDK when he would be eligible for FAU but we def know he is on the team and roster. He transfered mid season right last year?

I agree we haven't used the TE much since CJU, but we haven't really had talent at the position. Sal has a TD but he is a WR not a TE. Then we were supposed to have a weapon in Landon Rice, but he didn't make it a season on the roster. We missed on our big TE target last season to UGA. Hopefully Fromm and/or Deal will be the weapon we haven't had at TE since CJU. 

I wish Jalen nothing but the best. But we will be fine. Cox is the best for that position this season anyway...

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I agree we haven't used the TE much since CJU, but we haven't really had talent at the position. Sal has a TD but he is a WR not a TE. Then we were supposed to have a weapon in Landon Rice, but he didn't make it a season on the roster. We missed on our big TE target last season to UGA. Hopefully Fromm and/or Deal will be the weapon we haven't had at TE since CJU. 

I wish Jalen nothing but the best. But we will be fine. Cox is the best for that position this season anyway...

Agree......just thinking that if coaches thought the he could have helped the offense as a pass receiver he would have seen more opportunities....and maybe JS would have found him on some short passes instead of tucking the ball and running ;when the first receiver choice did not come open.  

Hope he does well wherever he goes …...and will be interesting to see how things go for him elsewhere.  ….but.....might be a bit early to declare that a critical player to AU success is departing.   JMO

I wish Jalen luck and I can't say that I blame him. We have been pounding the table for years in here, me included, for the TE to be utilized. Flat passes, short crossing patterns, seam routes by the TE are very effective and keep defenses playing honest. The NFL gets that and we should too. Jalen was a good player with excellent hands who could have been a great option for a QB like Stidham. But in the final analysis he was way underutilized, just like the rest of our TEs have been over the last 10years, including Lutz and Uze.

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

Harris caught four passes in his four-year career at Auburn, but never more than two in a single season.

That's just pathetic. I can't blame him at all.  I hope he lands at a TAMU or OU. Just somewhere like that that understands how to use a TE and values them more than as a glorified tackle. Good luck, JH

Uzomah was criminally underused. Barely used and still made it to the NFL somehow. Respect.

Harris has every right and really should have left sooner. One catch a year ratio? Ridiculous.

Even Lutz was underused imo. Hoping it changes next year with our two TE commits who are solid pass catchers.

NCM should transfer too imo.

53 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Considering how he is doing in the NFL, we underutilized CJU a lot. Brandon Fulse was highly touted in HS and he ended up with all of about 5 career catches. Jalen may not have been a great talent, but I have a feeling he will go somewhere and catch a lot of passes next season. The few times we bothered to use him, he caught the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Uzomah was criminally underused. Barely used and still made it to the NFL somehow. Respect.

Harris has every right and really should have left sooner. One catch a year ratio? Ridiculous.

Even Lutz was underused imo. Hoping it changes next year with our two TE commits who are solid pass catchers.

NCM should transfer too imo.

You can include Brandon Fulse in that list as well. He was a 4 star out of high school and had about 5 career catches. NCM is an enigma as well. If I’m not mistaken, at one point he was the highest rated player in the nation in high school. I keep reading articles about he cant separate, but when we throw to him he is open and catches the ball. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I still think NCM could be a 1,000 yard receiver. Just not using him for whatever reason. Hell Slayton hardly gets targeted.

We honestly don’t pass enough. JS should be throwing 30+ every game.

I am guessing an unintended side effect of the new redshirt rule is that we will see more kids announcing transfers after playing in three or four games, since they can retain a year of eligibility.

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I still think NCM could be a 1,000 yard receiver. Just not using him for whatever reason. Hell Slayton hardly gets targeted.

We honestly don’t pass enough. JS should be throwing 30+ every game.

This year, I agree the ratio should be more 60-40 pass. 

While Jalen didn’t catch a lot of passes he was our best downfield blocker. He was a guy that didn’t mind doing it. While we “ might” get a better TE route runner or pass catcher I’m sure we won’t find someone who doesn’t mind passing up on the glory plays to make blocks. Also this will make a big difference in how things play out the rest of the year. JH was crucial in the long plays down field. This loss will hurt big time.

Lutz and Mix a smattering of others in 15 years.............you have to fire up the way back machine to find Fuller, Baxter, Hall, Tillman,etc......?

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Easily

I wanted to say more, but there is definitely truth to needing to run the ball in SEC. I wish we would try to air it out in one of these next few games, especially this weekend. We probably don't even know how good we can be in passing game. I saw Stidham light up Oklahoma as a freshman at Baylor. Stid needs a heavy pass reps game to get into a rhythm. Finding an identity should be allowed to be pass focused as well. We start the game majority pass to open up the run, but after the script go back to run, play action. 

1 hour ago, keesler said:

Ok so this makes 4 players gone since Fall camp ended.......But all is well, right?   We good?

I promise this one will hurt more than anyone can imagine. Remember to this wasn’t a discipline problem this was one where coaches failed to keep a good player that they could have.

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:18 PM, Gowebb11 said:

Considering how he is doing in the NFL, we underutilized CJU a lot. Brandon Fulse was highly touted in HS and he ended up with all of about 5 career catches. Jalen may not have been a great talent, but I have a feeling he will go somewhere and catch a lot of passes next season. The few times we bothered to use him, he caught the ball. 

Jalen is a big man, can block well, a good pass catcher, just 2 targets one year both TDs with the talent to make a major impact if he had been used more. Jalen is a lot better than he was able to showcase at AU.

Archived