Jalen Harris to redshirt then transfer

GwillMac6

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Thanks for putting some common sense into the situation, unlike the majority on this board today/tonight.

you know I always got you fam! you the brodie!

4 hours ago, metafour said:

NCM is considering transferring too.  Obviously not happy playing 5 snaps a game.

Well we will always have that fun signing day moment when he picked us on espn. Are we cursed lately at tampa catholic? I mean both NCM and Devan Barrett have not played CLOSE  to their potential. I really got attached to them in the recruiting process. I feel horrible for NCM he could of gone literally anywhere and I can admit not it would of been a lot better for his career. 

4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You left out Tommy Trott

I thought cooper wallace was pretty good myself. Maybe it is nostalgia but he always impressed me.

5 hours ago, boomstick said:

Sounds like the common theme is the players meeting where NCM coach complained about his usage in the offense and a couple of the leaders basically weren’t having it and said to earn it. 

When did this occur?

8 hours ago, DAG said:

Yeah, you need to watch the NFL then. TEs are a staple of the majority of the offenses and pretty key players at the next level. Gronk, Greg Olsen, Travis Kelce, Jimmy Graham, Zach Ertz. A good of the better teams at the next level utilizes the TE as a very key position. And specifically for our offense, if used right could be a safety valve for 3rd and long/intermediate passes. Heck this past weekend Jesse James of the Steelers and Kelce lead their team in receiving yards.

They are also the key to the success when those offenses spread it out, creating major mismatches.   Just another piece that needs to be added to our high school passing offense

14 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

We are very thin at TE with Jalen and Sal. Now Jalen wants to red-shirt this year then transfer out in 2019. Seems like he's placing us behind the 8 ball.

seems like auburn placed him behind the 8 ball if you look at it without orange and blue colored glasses.  Not being utilized is a big deal. If i was a good TE i wouldnt go to Auburn as of right now

WR is one area we have recruited probably as hard - if not harder - than any other position on the roster. I can't think of many offenses that get less from their WR talent than our's does. With our offensive line deficiencies and relative lack of strength in the backfield this year, spreading the ball around to that talent should be our strategy...but other than a few series in the middle of the game, last Saturday was the same old "all you guys block while this guy goes long" slow developing crap we've seen for the last several years. We're going to lose talent that way. These athletes didn't come in here to just block downfield. 

8 hours ago, boomstick said:

Sounds like Nate Craig-Myers, Jayvaughn, and Devan Barrett might all be joining Harris in the transfer line. 

I predicted NCM’s transfer a long time ago. He is tbe definition of under-utilized. What a depressing season. 

8 hours ago, bigbird said:

Do what?

The story floating around Auburn is NCM spoke out and one of the players leading the meeting told him he needed to earn his targets. 

8 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

So what about the other names? 

I believe they were in the same group with NCM and shared his feelings. 

So is this players only meeting just a rumor to have happened, or did it happen? 

A players only meetings the day one player has transferred, and 3 others including one starter are being said to be considering transferring, is a big deal if it really happened... 

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

So is this players only meeting just a rumor to have happened, or did it happen? 

A players only meetings the day one player has transferred, and 3 others including one starter are being said to be considering transferring, is a big deal if it really happened... 

JS was going to lead a player only meeting after the LSU loss. This isn't the first time player only meetings happen. I believe he's held them before. It's what the leaders on the football team do. 

10 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

JS was going to lead a player only meeting after the LSU loss. This isn't the first time player only meetings happen. I believe he's held them before. It's what the leaders on the football team do. 

He’s held them before and yet here we are with another? Somehow I believe this is the first of true. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

He’s held them before and yet here we are with another? Somehow I believe this is the first of true. 

Me too. 

What I wouldn't give for a bunker subscription right now. I see multiple posts on the subject there, and can't find any on any other forums. 

Where there is smoke there is fire... Let's hope it's just a cloud being mistaken for smoke. 

If Harris, NCM, his brother, and Barrett also leave... Well... Let's just hope there is no truth to these stories. 

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

That this is the first player only meeting he's held? All I know is what I was told by someone who is very close with a few of the players (and former players) on the team. I was told this on Sunday while we were discussing differences between JS, MW, and Gatewood. I know that one was being planned following the LSU loss and I mentioned it in a different thread earlier in the week. Regarding what is said in these meetings, I have NO idea. All this to say that from what I was told, this isn't the first player only meeting, unless I grossly misunderstood. 

On a different note, I thought Javaughn was doing well (?), but haven't paid attention if he has been receiving playing time or not. 

1 hour ago, auskip07 said:

seems like auburn placed him behind the 8 ball if you look at it without orange and blue colored glasses.  Not being utilized is a big deal. If i was a good TE i wouldnt go to Auburn as of right now

Agree. This is one of the bigger pet peeves of mine, a TE in SEC football is a great asset.  

It's mind-boggling how Gus quit using the TE after all the success he had with Lutz.

4 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

That this is the first player only meeting he's held? All I know is what I was told by someone who is very close with a few of the players (and former players) on the team. I was told this on Sunday while we were discussing differences between JS, MW, and Gatewood. I know that one was being planned following the LSU loss and I mentioned it in a different thread earlier in the week. Regarding what is said in these meetings, I have NO idea. All this to say that from what I was told, this isn't the first player only meeting, unless I grossly misunderstood. 

On a different note, I thought Javaughn was doing well (?), but haven't paid attention if he has been receiving playing time or not. 

That this is the first only players meeting that JS has lead.  I have no doubt he probably called one after LSU this year, but if he has held multiple in his short tenure here and we are still doing the same stuff, then I am questioning leadership ability. The message should've been heard loud and clear the first time. 

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

Prior meetings could have happened last year or over the summer. Shrug. I know nothing. 

I'll say this: if Harris, NCM, Jayvaughn and Barrett all leave, we'll lose virtually nothing in terms of production and the freshmen who are producing will only be further emboldened. And those guys might land somewhere that is a better fit. I don't like what it says about our staff's ability to scout, recruit and develop- I mean, it might not say anything negative, but it definitely doesn't say anything positive- but I don't think it's really a loss for the program. 

Just now, DAG said:

That this is the first only players meeting that JS has lead.  I have no doubt he probably called one after LSU this year, but if he has held multiple in his short tenure here and we are still doing the same stuff, then I am questioning leadership ability. The message should've been heard loud and clear the first time. 

I don't think he's got that alpha charisma in him. 

3 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

He played on Sunday... I don't know how much he played, but I know I saw him in on a few. 

But NCM is a shame. He would have multiple 1k yard seasons WR in a different system. 

I mean look at the freshman at Purdue and the sophomore Colorado. They don't do much blocking, but they make plays and catch the ball... Because that's what WRs main goal is... To catch the ball... 

We have another thing coming if we think we will hang on to Pickens if we just expect him to block 90% of the time. It sure makes the Justin Ross decision  and words make more sense... If you have any question about Auburns WR development compared to say Clemson, read up on Justin Ross and what he said after choosing Clemson over Auburn in last years class... 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Prior meetings could have happened last year or over the summer. Shrug. I know nothing. 

I'll say this: if Harris, NCM, Jayvaughn and Barrett all leave, we'll lose virtually nothing in terms of production and the freshmen who are producing will only be further emboldened. And those guys might land somewhere that is a better fit. I don't like what it says about our staff's ability to scout, recruit and develop- I mean, it might not say anything negative, but it definitely doesn't say anything positive- but I don't think it's really a loss for the program. 

I am sure they did happen. I am just saying I don't believe it was lead by JS. Because we are in the same freaking predicament that we were in last year after another LSU debacle. If he did lead this one, that is great. He is finally showing leadership 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am sure they did happen. I am just saying I don't believe it was lead by JS. Because we are in the same freaking predicament that we were in last year after another LSU debacle. If he did lead this one, that is great. He is finally showing leadership 

I hope you're right. I just fear that he's led them before but nobody was buying what he was selling. 

Archived