#metoo#1 Summer of 1969

DKW 86

Just something to talk about. Would Ted Kennedy get away with Chappaquiddick again in 2018? 

2 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Just something to talk about. Would Ted Kennedy get away with Chappaquiddick again in 2018? 

With social media being a thing? Hell no. 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

No way and I knew/partied with Teddy

You can't just leave that there and not give us some stories!

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Only if the Democrats had control of both houses of congress and the Whitehouse.

2 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

It would be much tougher, but with the power that his family had and all of the influence over people that allowed, I think they could pull it off again.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It would be much tougher, but with the power that his family had and all of the influence over people that allowed, I think they could pull it off again.

I dont even question it. The press would again line up to defend him. They would have to destroy some #metoo women. But they would do it again, 

I think Weinstein is just a mea culpa and a donation away from being back in business.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

I dont even question it. The press would again line up to defend him. They would have to destroy some #metoo women. But they would do it again, 

I think Weinstein is just a mea culpa and a donation away from being back in business.

It would happen similarly to the way HC called out and treated the BC accusers.

12 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yes.....because he is a good dem....and has the family connections...JMO

14 hours ago, HVAU said:

Do tell.

I've told some of them before but the short of it was Palm Beach late 70's early 80's there was a certain bar in Palm Beach Teddy frequent nightly with his younger nephews. He liked the younger females and they liked him. he never left alone lets say. He would sit at the bar and drink we with rest of us buy a few rounds talk up a storm.  Nice guy until he would get slobberknockered drunk. 

Au Bar?

Al Franken is a B List celeb at best. He in absolutely no way compares to the only American Family we think of as royals. 

12 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Au Bar?

Al Franken is a B List celeb at best. He in absolutely no way compares to the only American Family we think of as royals. 

How many women Senators were there in 1969? Who in the Senate said he should resign back then? It’s a very different world. He should have resigned then. Probably should have been prosecuted. Today he’d be done. On the other hand, in a deep red state a so-called conservative might get away with shooting someone on 5th Avenue.

14 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

How many women Senators were there in 1969? Who in the Senate said he should resign back then? It’s a very different world. He should have resigned then. Probably should have been prosecuted. Today he’d be done. On the other hand, in a deep red state a so-called conservative might get away with shooting someone on 5th Avenue.

You are sssooo laughably clueless. If Chappaquiddick happened today there would be women journalists throwing themselves under the bus to save him. NOW, PP, Hell maybe even Rose McGowan would be out there to protect him. You are just so wrong on this one. You think things have really changed? I think most of us consider it to be nothing more than new window dressing. We cant even have a discussion on Epstein's Lolita Island because of the Pols and Celebs that were there. Anyone wanna let Broderick have her day about her very well known rape? DIDNT THINK SO. HRC, the de facto face of the Dem Party at present is crippled in all this because everyone in America knows she compromised herself defending, smearing, destroying, other women to defend Bills sexual escapades. WJC was seen staring at Grande's ass during AFs funeral and it was all just a joke to the media. NBC is still defending trying to kill the Farrow Story. CBS was fighting letting Moonves go up until last week. Open your eyes, not much has changed at all. No one has gone to jail. No one has paid out compensation. As far we know all of these bastiches will be back at work tomorrow. Lauer had a gym bag of sex toys he kept in his office at 30 Rock that everyone knew about for 20 or more years. You dont flush out a culture that ingrained in permissiveness overnite.

1 hour ago, DKW 86 said:

You are sssooo laughably clueless. If Chappaquiddick happened today there would be women journalists throwing themselves under the bus to save him. NOW, PP, Hell maybe even Rose McGowan would be out there to protect him. You are just so wrong on this one. You think things have really changed? I think most of us consider it to be nothing more than new window dressing. We cant even have a discussion on Epstein's Lolita Island because of the Pols and Celebs that were there. Anyone wanna let Broderick have her day about her very well known rape? DIDNT THINK SO. HRC, the de facto face of the Dem Party at present is crippled in all this because everyone in America knows she compromised herself defending, smearing, destroying, other women to defend Bills sexual escapades. WJC was seen staring at Grande's ass during AFs funeral and it was all just a joke to the media. NBC is still defending trying to kill the Farrow Story. CBS was fighting letting Moonves go up until last week. Open your eyes, not much has changed at all. No one has gone to jail. No one has paid out compensation. As far we know all of these bastiches will be back at work tomorrow. Lauer had a gym bag of sex toys he kept in his office at 30 Rock that everyone knew about for 20 or more years. You dont flush out a culture that ingrained in permissiveness overnite.

Awful early to be drinking, David— even for a Friday.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Awful early to be drinking, David— even for a Friday.

Then you should stop drinking, if that is your excuse for the clueless post... :tease:

Tex isn’t wrong. We live in a much different world now. Imagine if CNN or Fox had been around when this happened. Twitter. Facebook. 

Fox. CNN, Twitter, and FB are all around now and no one I talking about Pols & Celebs (English Prince, WJC, Trump, etc) partying their but off on Epstein’s Lolita Island are they? If someone, anyone had covered Trump at Lolita Island, he wouldn’t be president now  but would have meant pulling in other celebs too  

Rest my case...

Archived