Disappointment

AURex

I am disappointed in the play of the DL. They should have been better.

I'm disappointed in the play of Auburn's secondary and OL. Even though we've known for a long time they were the weak areas of the team, I had hoped for more..

I'm disappointed in the play of Stidham for this entire season so far. This is no Heisman QB. Not even close.

And I am disappointed in the AUF family trying to lay the blame for the LSU loss on the refs. Auburn lost to LSU because LSU performed better in this game in the second half. If you look at StatTigers analysis, Auburn did not earn or deserve a win in this game and it was not the refs anywhere in that equation..

As with last season, I hope that AU will rise up and beat the holy s**t out of every upcoming opponent.

BUT I WILL NOT MAKE EXCUSES FOR LSU.

War Eagle!

That is all.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time to move on. The season is not over! We still have respect from the media. We don't control our destiny but that's okay! Now, we just need to worry about what we can control. 

5 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Is that a haiku?

No but I keep thinking @PoetTiger should do something like that from time to time. ?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Time to move on. The season is not over! We still have respect from the media. We don't control our destiny but that's okay! Now, we just need to worry about what we can control. 

True and at least LSU plays UGA and UA so that's as good as it could get for Auburn in this situation. 

Another opportunity lost. At home and not as good as we thought we would be. In fact, maybe not much better than last year.

5 minutes ago, gr82be said:

True and at least LSU plays UGA and UA so that's as good as it could get for Auburn in this situation. 

Yep LSU will lose to one or both of them.

18 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm disappointed in the play of Auburn's secondary and OL. Even though we've known for a long time they were the weak areas of the team, I had hoped for more..

I'm disappointed in the play of Stidham for this entire season so far. This is no Heisman QB. Not even close.

And I am disappointed in the AUF family trying to lay the blame for the LSU loss on the refs. Auburn lost to LSU because LSU performed better in this game in the second half. If you look at StatTigers analysis, Auburn did not earn or deserve a win in this game and it was not the refs anywhere in that equation..

As with last season, I hope that AU will rise up and beat the holy s**t out of every upcoming opponent.

War Eagle!

That is all.

For the most part agree, but I excuse the DL in some respects. I am disappointed CKS decided to rush four in the face of max protection which included 7 sometimes 8 defenders. Moving on.............

19 minutes ago, AURex said:

War Eagle!

That is all.

I respectfully disagree with you on this one. This will go on forever and it is time to lay it to rest. Bad calls ruined our chances. If either of those last 2 PI calls, had been made correctly, we would all be one happy family ready to take on the rest of the SEC west. Gus made some great calls and some crappy ones. I hope Gus will make more good calls and will like all of you will hold him accountable.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep LSU will lose to one or both of them.

probably to MSU & TAMU as well. I do not see LSU going better than 8-4 or 9-3 at absolute best.

10 hours ago, DAG said:

I would say we still control our destiny to the CFP.  If we win out there is no way they can keep us out, even if we miss the SEC Championship because LSU is somehow there.  Right now we are 9th.  If we beat Alabama and UGA, top 4 teams, those two wins right there would merit a jump into the top 5 at least.  We just need to turn it on like we did after the LSU loss in 2013 and 2017.

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

so do we, needed to be undefeated going into those games

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

I would say we still control our destiny to the CFP.  If we win out there is no way they can keep us out, even if we miss the SEC Championship because LSU is somehow there.  Right now we are 9th.  If we beat Alabama and UGA, top 4 teams, those two wins right there would merit a jump into the top 5 at least.  We just need to turn it on like we did after the LSU loss in 2013 and 2017.

LSU wins out, tOSu wins out, Oklahoma Wins out, Clemson wins out. How do we get in? 

11 hours ago, auskull said:

Another opportunity lost. At home and not as good as we thought we would be. In fact, maybe not much better than last year.

I don't think that's even a question. 

OL isn't on the same planet with last years

RB isn't in the same galaxy as last year

WR seems to have played better last year

DB isn't in the same category as last years.

I don't think it even compares. 

Everyone said RB and OL would determine the season... And it has so far. We can't run on legit defenses.

That creates issues normally. Under normal circumstances, the coaching staff would throw more if the running game isn't performing. Not this one. Gus will pound it right up the middle, blocking or not... 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

There are still too many variables to know how things will turn out.  If LSU beats both of them (and possibly facing UGA again in the SECCG), they will drop in the polls and our wins over them would not look quite as good.  Not that I think that's going to happen.  As unlikely as we think it is to happen, UGA and Bama could end up losing a couple they should win - especially if key players (e.g., Tua or Fromm) get hurt.

Lsu was better prepared than Auburn. We thought we could just show up, home game, media hype all picking Auburn, long home game winning streak, no one seemed worriedno sense of urgency or concern from the coaches until the first quarter. Then it's too late or oops we have a problem. Get a good lead, then settle back down everyone saw it coming but coaches panicked didn't know what to do because of poor preparation, plus add the heat and bad officiating..perfect storm for a well prepared LSU team.

Bottom line coaches haven't learned anything, Auburn being a young team needs strong leadership from the sideline and the field. Instead ahhh that's ok , we will fix it (will they?) and get ready for Arkansas. Don't want to embarrass your buddy Arky coach, Gus? well you better. Win by 6 touchdowns or more.

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't think that's even a question. 

OL isn't on the same planet with last years

RB isn't in the same galaxy as last year

WR seems to have played better last year

DB isn't in the same category as last years.

I don't think it even compares. 

Everyone said RB and OL would determine the season... And it has so far. We can't run on legit defenses.

That creates issues normally. Under normal circumstances, the coaching staff would throw more if the running game isn't performing. Not this one. Gus will pound it right up the middle, blocking or not... 

I don't understand the "Gus will pound it...blocking or not". In the 2 P5 games this year, we have run it 83 time sand thrown it 64 times. While not 1 to 1 ratio, it is a 1.3 to 1 ratio. Pretty fair balance IMO.

2 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I don't understand the "Gus will pound it...blocking or not". In the 2 P5 games this year, we have run it 83 time sand thrown it 64 times. While not 1 to 1 ratio, it is a 1.3 to 1 ratio. Pretty fair balance IMO.

8 out of 10 times on first down its still hurry up to the line, run right up the middle. Nevermind he doesn't have the RB who can take that. Nevermind he doesn't have the inside blocking to block for the run that everyone knows is coming right up the middle. 

That's what I mean by Gus pounding it blocking or not. 

Gus hasn't shown he can change this yet. It still happens after a majority of our 1st downs. 

2 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

8 out of 10 times on first down its still hurry up to the line, run right up the middle. Nevermind he doesn't have the RB who can take that. Nevermind he doesn't have the inside blocking to block for the run that everyone knows is coming right up the middle. 

That's what I mean by Gus pounding it blocking or not. 

Gus hasn't shown he can change this yet. It still happens after a majority of our 1st downs. 

Do you have a stat for this? Bc I did not see us running it up the middle 80% of the time in first down. (And I dont have that stat so matbe I just did not see what I thought I saw)

39 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU wins out, tOSu wins out, Oklahoma Wins out, Clemson wins out. How do we get in? 

I’m assuming it would work like this: If LSU wins out, they would have beaten Bama.and we win out, so would we. So Bama would have two losses, and us one. That said, its waaaayyyy too early to think about it all. We just need to focus on Arky and getting better for now. WDE!!!

No, and maybe it is 73% or could be 69%, I dont have the exact numbers. But if you can't tell we are still rushing up to the line and running it up the gut after a 1st down, you aren't paying attention. 

4 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’m assuming it would work like this: If LSU wins out, they would have beaten Bama.and we win out, so would we. So Bama would have two losses, and us one. That said, its waaaayyyy too early to think about it all. We just need to focus on Arky and getting better for now. WDE!!!

Yes but how would that get us in the playoffs if tOSU, OU and Clemson all win out?

Archived