Woodward: No Evidence Of Trump-Russia Collusion, I Searched For Two Years

DKW 86

27 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Saying you’re an obsessed moron captures it.

Hey! I guess I am in real good company. You know the same company that writes nationwide best sellers and the hottest books in the last 50 years. The kind that takes down a corrupt admin and is a national hero. The same kind that spends two years with THE best sources in Washington DC and concludes without anyone ridiculing him that there was no collusion.

6 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Hey! I guess I am in real good company. You know the same company that writes nationwide best sellers and the hottest books in the last 50 years. The kind that takes down a corrupt admin and is a national hero. The same kind that spends two years with THE best sources in Washington DC and concludes without anyone ridiculing him that there was no collusion.

You can’t even read. He said no such thing. He said he didn’t find evidence of it. While I’m sure he would have loved to have someone share some juicy info on it, it wasn’t the focus of his book, he didn’t talk to those cooperating with or working for Mueller. Mueller’s investigating that and other issues. We don’t know what he knows. Woodward thinks he would have needed to go to Moscow to answer that question and believes he wouldn’t survive it:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/media/406862-woodward-you-have-to-go-to-moscow-to-get-to-bottom-of-russian-collusion-story%3famp

1) Mueller's Inv was started about collusion. It is THE BIG THING he is investigating.
2) The part where he also taking down this bunch of privileged  ner-do-wells over their banking frauds, scams, deals , etc. I and the rest of the world are happy about that.
3) No, I heard very clearly and so did others across America. He has seen nor heard nothing to indicate ANYTHING w/r/t collusion.
4) Why would anyone go to Moscow? To track down a bunch of hearsay? That would likely be the most useless waste of time you could do.

Your link was written before his latest statement. In it, he states that you would never get to the bottom of it.

"Maybe if I was 30 and somebody in the CIA was undercover said come and I can help you," Woodward added. "Why do you go to the scene, why do you talk to people that were first hand witnesses, why do you try to get documents? Because that where the best version or the best obtainable version of the truth is. In the case of this, I am not going to Moscow."

The special counsel investigation headed by Mueller hit another milestone this week with news Friday that former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort had agreed to cooperate with the probe as part of a guilty plea.

41 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

1) Mueller's Inv was started about collusion. It is THE BIG THING he is investigating.
2) The part where he also taking down this bunch of privileged  ner-do-wells over their banking frauds, scams, deals , etc. I and the rest of the world are happy about that.
3) No, I heard very clearly and so did others across America. He has seen nor heard nothing to indicate ANYTHING w/r/t collusion.
4) Why would anyone go to Moscow? To track down a bunch of hearsay? That would likely be the most useless waste of time you could do.

Your link was written before his latest statement. In it, he states that you would never get to the bottom of it.

So you place a ton of weight on him answering Hewitt’s question that he didn’t have anyone say, “Hi, Bob. I’ll be deepthroat on Russian collusion,” but you totally dismiss his view as an investigative journalist on how to find evidence of collusion? Mueller is looking at possible conspiracy. This involves contacts people have found reasons to lie about and financial relationships with Russians. Mueller hasn’t charged everything he could charge— he reveals the details he needs to and. little more. He won’t charge anyone with collusion, since that’s not a charge, and you’ll claim vindication regardless of what other relationships and coordination that gets revealed. 

10 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

So you place a ton of weight on him answering Hewitt’s question that he didn’t have anyone say, “Hi, Bob. I’ll be deepthroat on Russian collusion,” (STRAWMAN, Never said that nor did Woodward.) but you totally dismiss his view as an investigative journalist on how to find evidence of collusion? Mueller is looking at possible conspiracy. This involves contacts people have found reasons to lie about and financial relationships with Russians. Mueller hasn’t charged everything he could charge— he reveals the details he needs to and. little more. He won’t charge anyone with collusion, since that’s not a charge, and you’ll claim vindication regardless of what other relationships and coordination that gets revealed. 

And you are implying that there are Zero Journalists that have gone TO Russia or are IN Russia. If all this is so easy to explore and find, why isnt someone doing that just now?

5 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

And you are implying that there are Zero Journalists that have gone TO Russia or are IN Russia. If all this is so easy to explore and find, why isnt someone doing that just now?

No one said it was easy. To the contrary, he said he probably wouldn’t survive it.

Woodward has two claims to fame— he made a name for himself off of one motivated source. Since then he has had access to folks that tell him what they want him to know to make sure their side is representated in the narrative he will tell. Beyond that he doesn’t root out many hidden truths.

8 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

You seem to have a lot in common with Trump.  Everything is about you:rolleyes:

And what a nice example!  You called me a liar when I denied saying Trump would be impeached for collusion with Russia. Of course you couldn't show me where I did, because I didn't. 

But it was so important for you to be "right" and me to be "wrong" you refused to back down, and kept insisting I was lying.

That's sick. :no:

3 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Yeah, the same kind of company that has no powers of subpoena or indictment.  :rolleyes:

Archived