Will Stidham Return for 2019 Season?

triangletiger

Poll: Will Stidham return for 2019?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's still early in the season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but, so far, Jarrett Stidham hasn't looked like a QB who's ready to take his game to the next level. He certainly has the physical tools, but may need some more development on the mental side. That being said, does anyone think he will return to Auburn for his senior season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I don’t even want him back tbh. Let’s hurry up and groom a dual threat guy and get back to the roots 

Stidham is NOT the problem. He has a uber talented arm. One of the best pure passers we have had. Yah he looks at the rush to much but this system does him no favors and does not allow him to showcase his talent. Also Gus and DT qbs is the biggest myth. The only 2 he has ever had in his career at the college level were Cam and Nick. Did they work out beautifully? YES. But because those 2 guys are 2 of the best Qbs we have ever had. Not just because they were true DT. Gus prefers pass first guys. Also when you go down the DT road it is tricky. A lot of times guys can pan out like jf3........ I prefer we avoid that. Bo Nix and Stidham is what I prefer. good enough of a athlete and a runner to keep the defense honest who are good passers.

4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stidham is NOT the problem. He has a uber talented arm. One of the best pure passers we have had. Yah he looks at the rush to much but this system does him no favors and does not allow him to showcase his talent. Also Gus and DT qbs is the biggest myth. The only 2 he has ever had in his career at the college level were Cam and Nick. Did they work out beautifully? YES. But because those 2 guys are 2 of the best Qbs we have ever had. Not just because they were true DT. Gus prefers pass first guys. Also when you go down the DT road it is tricky. A lot of times guys can pan out like jf3........ I prefer we avoid that. Bo Nix and Stidham is what I prefer. good enough of a athlete and a runner to keep the defense honest who are good passers.

I mean all of that is nice but none of it matters when our system doesn’t support them lol. You’re wasting your time and scholarships recruiting guys that won’t be used for their intended purpose 

A JF3 can be schemed around similar to the guy Houston had a couple years ago. But really an above average passer with his running instincts (e.g Nick) is gonna take Gus twice as far as any Bo or Jarrett could 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean all of that is nice but none of it matters when our system doesn’t support them lol. You’re wasting your time and scholarships recruiting guys that won’t be used for their intended purpose 

A JF3 can be schemed around similar to the guy Houston had a couple years ago. But really an above average passer with his running instincts (e.g Nick) is gonna take Gus twice as far as any Bo or Jarrett could 

We do not even use the offense we ran in 2010 and 2013 now. The zone read is almost non existent. NOW I do agree the system whatever the heck it is we are running now is def not supporting stidham. If gus would let chip fully run his offense which at southern miss and arizona state was A LOT of 4 and 5 wr sets most of the game we will be in business.

That had to be the worst block in the back call I have ever seen in my centuries of watching Auburn FB. Should be 24-0. If this does not make you think back to last week's bad calls. I think we have had some shock left over from last week. Kentucky is looking great against MSU. We should learn from UK as to how to beat MSU. That game is not over yet, but it is still a great show of how to stop Fitzgerald.

Our D is keeping us ahead no doubt.  I see a lot of the UCF with JS tonight and the offense in general. I think JS is a hot and cold QB in a system that does not cater to his talents. Gus needs to decide if he wants a true DT QB to run the offense the way it has done in the past. 

I would love to see Gatewood if he is healthy next week after we get a nice comfortable lead if this is possible.

On September 20, 2018 at 10:04 AM, metafour said:

No, he won't, regardless of whether or not you think he looks "ready to take his game to the next level".  There is nothing for him to learn in this offense.  He is better off sitting on any NFL team's bench and letting actual coaches teach him. 

I agree. He's gone after this year and I see him going in 3rd or 4th round where he will struggle to make a team. Our supposed new OC is so unimpressive to me over last two yrs.  Bo Nix is coming in next year but I honestly think Lindsey would ruin his career. Pay a mediocre HC 50 mil then he better well be ready to part with what is not working. The Arky game tonight has told me all I need to know for this year. We finish no better than 8-4 and I could care less if all the homers disagree. We don't beat Ga or Bama and not sure we can even beat A&M. Welcome to the Richt era of AU football. 

Just now, Randman5000 said:

He'll go pro but he should stay

If he doesn't go pro, he may very well grad transfer to a school that knows how to use a pocket passer.

I do not have to even read this thread. No a stidham is not coming back and he probably shouldn’t. Not because he’s so good he needs to go but because Auburn’s offense will be stuck in the mud all season it seems. Stidham should leave but he’s not Pro materiel. The most important thing about a Pro QB is pocket presence and he does not have it. 

He'll go pro but he should stay

I say go go go. For his sake. He needs to get away as soon as possible from AU QB coaching and run with open arms to NFL coaching.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

If he doesn't go pro, he may very well grad transfer to a school that knows how to use a pocket passer.

He would be having the kind of year Wil Grier is having at West Virginia if he was at that school or say OK st with gundy.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I say go go go. For his sake. He needs to get away as soon as possible from AU QB coaching and run with open arms to NFL coaching.

It's smart. Don't get me wrong

3 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

That's also a smart move. If we aren't running a real Chip Lindsey offense or taking advantage of our QB and WR weapons/strengths

He would be having the kind of year Wil Grier is having at West Virginia if he was at that school or say OK st with gundy.

I actually thought about that watching the WVU game today.

That's also a smart move. If we aren't running a real Chip Lindsey offense

Watching tonight, clearly they're not running a CCL Offense.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

I actually thought about that watching the WVU game today.

Grier is honestly lucky that he got popped for PED's or whatever it was at florida and transferred. Swamp Donkey would of ruined him at florida like we are in the process of doing to JS.

Agreed. Our offense is tough to watch. It really is like HS our there. We only see we screens and deep throws  

He is gone. But I will say that  He has a lot of work to do. He seems to run scared when the pocket collapses, while I see other quarterbacks (LSU) that stand in the pocket and make the tough pass. He needs to be more of a gamer. NFL defensive linemen will eat him alive if he gets happy feet in the pocket.

Im hoping, HOPING, we watch game film and saw what worked on the TWO drives where Stidham got to sling the ball a bit to the exterior receivers (Davis, Schwartz) and the intermediate passes and can move our offense to that.  When we did that, it SHOCKINGLY opened up the run game.  Hopefully Chip and Stidham can convince Gus of this.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Watching tonight, clearly they're not running a CCL Offense.

There were 2 drives where it looked like a CCL offense.  And both of those drive we moved the ball well.

Just now, gr82b4au said:

Agreed. Our offense is tough to watch. It really is like HS our there. We only see we screens and deep throws  

He is gone. But I will say that  He has a lot of work to do. He seems to run scared when the pocket collapses, while I see other quarterbacks (LSU) that stand in the pocket and make the tough pass. He needs to be more of a gamer. NFL defensive linemen will eat him alive if he gets happy feet in the pocket.

O I def agree with that. He just will never get any better at that at AU. Now he may never get better at that in the NFL either but at least he will have a much better chance with a lot better coaching at the NFL level.

Archived