Will Stidham Return for 2019 Season?

triangletiger

Poll: Will Stidham return for 2019?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's still early in the season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but, so far, Jarrett Stidham hasn't looked like a QB who's ready to take his game to the next level. He certainly has the physical tools, but may need some more development on the mental side. That being said, does anyone think he will return to Auburn for his senior season?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Im hoping, HOPING, we watch game film and saw what worked on the TWO drives where Stidham got to sling the ball a bit to the exterior receivers (Davis, Schwartz) and the intermediate passes and can move our offense to that.  When we did that, it SHOCKINGLY opened up the run game.  Hopefully Chip and Stidham can convince Gus of this.

Been hoping they'd watch film, learn what works.....and NOT DO THE OPPOSITE for years now.

So far, no luck.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Did Stidham return for the 2018 season?

Ouch

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Stidham is NOT the problem. He has a uber talented arm. One of the best pure passers we have had. Yah he looks at the rush to much but this system does him no favors and does not allow him to showcase his talent. Also Gus and DT qbs is the biggest myth. The only 2 he has ever had in his career at the college level were Cam and Nick. Did they work out beautifully? YES. But because those 2 guys are 2 of the best Qbs we have ever had. Not just because they were true DT. Gus prefers pass first guys. Also when you go down the DT road it is tricky. A lot of times guys can pan out like jf3........ I prefer we avoid that. Bo Nix and Stidham is what I prefer. good enough of a athlete and a runner to keep the defense honest who are good passers.

I'm going to need some type of proof about this uber arm and beat pure passers.....I must have missed those games

Just now, MaitlandTiger said:

Stidham keeps regressing and we are are gonna see CORD FREAKIN SANDBERG. And it’s going to be a thing of beauty

They'll just call the same plays they do with Stids.....only left handed.

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Been hoping they'd watch film, learn what works.....and NOT DO THE OPPOSITE for years now.

So far, no luck.

Good point.  Its just so frustrating seeing our offense click with the talent we have, and then not utilize it.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I'm going to need some type of proof about this uber arm and beat pure passers.....I must have missed those games

He was off tonight, big time.  Not even close on some big throws to Slayton and Schwartz.  Quick sling to playmakers worked, but the deep ball was absent.

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I do not have to even read this thread. No a stidham is not coming back and he probably shouldn’t. Not because he’s so good he needs to go but because Auburn’s offense will be stuck in the mud all season it seems. Stidham should leave but he’s not Pro materiel. The most important thing about a Pro QB is pocket presence and he does not have it. 

Agree......and people who even suggest he is NFL material must not be familiar with the NFL game..  

I see way too many QBs with similar talent who can't make the jump and I have no idea how he overcomes his primary shortcomings which are mostly mental.  Hoping he stays at AU and works on his game....and hires another outside QB coach if he thinks it will help though I see no evidence of it this year. I'm wondering if he is/was getting conflicting instruction on some critical issues.  

There are probably some schools in a rebuilding mode who need a QB and might grab him as a grad transfer if he were to leave but JMO, the NFL is probably never in his future.   

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

yep..….

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

yep..….

Lack of pocket presence and I cant remember the last time I saw him step up and complete a throw as the pocket collapsed behind him.  Also, no offensive line.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

They'll just call the same plays they do with Stids.....only left handed.

CORD FREAKIN SANDBERG  does not care what plays are called by the coaches.  CORD SANDBERG runs whatever damn play he wants to run. And he’ll run it faster then Stidham -2.0. He has to have better field vision then Stidham -2..0, more patience, and there’s no way he doesn’t read a defense better than Stidham -2.0. This is not the Stidham we saw last year. That guy was pretty damn good.  

3 minutes ago, MaitlandTiger said:

CORD FREAKIN SANDBERG  does not care what plays are called by the coaches.  CORD SANDBERG runs whatever damn play he wants to run. And he’ll run it faster then Stidham -2.0. He has to have better field vision then Stidham -2..0, more patience, and there’s no way he doesn’t read a defense better than Stidham -2.0. This is not the Stidham we saw last year. That guy was pretty damn good.  

Sorry. I'm out!

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree......and people who even suggest he is NFL material must not be familiar with the NFL game..  

I see way too many QBs with similar talent who can't make the jump and I have no idea how he overcomes his primary shortcomings which are mostly mental.  Hoping he stays at AU and works on his game....and hires another outside QB coach if he thinks it will help though I see no evidence of it this year. I'm wondering if he is/was getting conflicting instruction on some critical issues.  

There are probably some schools in a rebuilding mode who need a QB and might grab him as a grad transfer if he were to leave but JMO, the NFL is probably never in his future.   

Totally agree. One common theme amongst highly regarded QB drafted into the NFL who do not make it is pocket awareness which is Stidhams weakest link. You can throw it 60 yards in the air but if you can’t hang in the pocket and make quick progressions you will not be successful. A good example is Mahomes. First year starting but his pocket presence is elite level. Plus he can throw it 60 yards in the air. Lol

4 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Totally agree. One common theme amongst highly regarded QB drafted into the NFL who do not make it is pocket awareness which is Stidhams weakest link. You can throw it 60 yards in the air but if you can’t hang in the pocket and make quick progressions you will not be successful. A good example is Mahomes. First year starting but his pocket presence is elite level. Plus he can throw it 60 yards in the air. Lol

Sooooooo hire kliff kingsbury?! haha. He had a big win today.

6 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

The JS of the world normally get drafted over the Patrick Mahomes due to “measurable.” A lot of people criticized the chiefs about that Patrick Mahomes pick. But he is beasting it

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The JS of the world normally get drafted over the Patrick Mahomes due to “measurable.” A lot of people criticized the chiefs about that Patrick Mahomes pick. But he is beasting it

Agreed. My fantasy team loves him that’s for sure. These analyst whiff on QBs more than any other position. There’s a reason they let Alex Smith go. They knew what they had sitting on the bench. Having the build is great but the greats have the mental aspect. That’s the difference maker. 

24 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Good point.  Its just so frustrating seeing our offense click with the talent we have, and then not utilize it.

I think every Auburn fan agrees with you. Maddening. 

13 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Sorry. I'm out!

Me too. Play calling just demoralizing. O-line lost in space.  Over hyped QB. However, the season could turn on a dime, out of nowhere. I just think Stidham is more of a diva and maybe we just need somebody with some guts and some toughness

Just now, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I wouldn’t hate an air raid. Lol

Been wanting the air raid run at Auburn JUST ONCE in my life. It at least would be fun. With our talent at the least we would have 5 passing touchdowns a game against the rent a win games and the low level sec opponents! lol. 

Just now, weagl1 said:

The way he has been playing he has gone from a first rounder to undrafted free agent.  He is regressing rapidly. 

It's a real head scratcher. :dunno:

I think the OLine is part of it, but there appears to be more.

Archived