Will Stidham Return for 2019 Season?

triangletiger

Poll: Will Stidham return for 2019?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. I know it's still early in the season and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, but, so far, Jarrett Stidham hasn't looked like a QB who's ready to take his game to the next level. He certainly has the physical tools, but may need some more development on the mental side. That being said, does anyone think he will return to Auburn for his senior season?

• Yes
    • No

Our OL is a not the best, but a certain position on the offense is STINKING IT UP! I HATE to criticize players, but we have one position that SUCKS! Most everyone wants to blame it on play calling and/or coaching, but it comes down to players making plays! Our supposed "superstar" isn't making plays and seems to go in to a fetal position on most every passing play.  

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, weagl1 said:

The way he has been playing he has gone from a first rounder to undrafted free agent.  He is regressing rapidly. 

This came after he got engaged.....any connection ?

15 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Come February this will likely be our highest rated class. And Bo Nix is just a different guy. He has "it". I'd suggest checking out his highlights.

Note for your future reference: The poster you were responding to, AUwent, is never around here unless there's a big loss. Then he/she shows up to gripe, complain, bellyache and predict impending doom. Auburn wins a game or two or signs a great recruiting class and AUwent disappears until the next bad news.

16 hours ago, Win4AU said:

I thought he looked good running the ball and the couple throws he made looked better than Willis’s.  If Gus is going Tom run the zone read then he needs a Qb that at least has the threat of breaking out a run.  Cord will have a whole year in the Chip/Gus offense.  Nix is in high school so I don’t have anything to gage how good he is.

Cord has also been out of football for 5 years while Nix has been "in football" since he came home from being born. If you get a chance, look at some of Nix's film. He's the real deal as a QB and can run very well too.

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hoping that Nix is a combination of Stidham and Sean White. Actually, I hope he's just a new and improved Sean White. 

Damn! McLoofus, you feeling that way? 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Damn! McLoofus, you feeling that way? 

I might be a little emotional, lol.

I was a fan of Sean White's play and I think that a Sean White who doesn't make poor decisions off the field and who plays in a competent passing offense would put up huge numbers. And I think maybe he could light a fire under this offense that Stidham has been unable to. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

I might be a little emotional, lol.

I was a fan of Sean White's play and I think that a Sean White who doesn't make poor decisions off the field and who plays in a competent passing offense would put up huge numbers. And I think maybe he could light a fire under this offense that Stidham has been unable to. 

Man I use to be at SWs neck but I got to say fundamentally that guy had it. It would’ve been interesting to see the dynamics between the two TBH. But here we are lol. 

On ‎9‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:15 AM, AU64 said:

This came after he got engaged.....any connection ?

imagine his priorities and focus has changed a bit

26 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

imagine his priorities and focus has changed a bit

I could see that this might affect his focus. :)   

If Josh Allen's garbage butt got drafted in the top 10 JS, poor system fit and all, will certainly be drafted.

NFL recognizes what a clown show Gus runs on O and it'll hurt JS's stock a little bit but I mean the NFL went all the way to WYOMING to find someone who fits their age old idea of what a QB should look like. A "tall guy who can throw the ball over them there mountains" and that's JS.

They will convince themselves they can coach the bad out of JS that Gus has not.

21 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If Josh Allen's garbage butt got drafted in the top 10 JS, poor system fit and all, will certainly be drafted.

NFL recognizes what a clown show Gus runs on O and it'll hurt JS's stock a little bit but I mean the NFL went all the way to WYOMING to find someone who fits their age old idea of what a QB should look like. A "tall guy who can throw the ball over them there mountains" and that's JS.

They will convince themselves they can coach the bad out of JS that Gus has not.

What's scary is that Gus might have coached the bad *into* him. The dude isn't as good as he was at this point last year.

Regardless, he'll have a much better chance at fulfilling his potential with the help of literally any NFL coaching staff than he's got right now.

Just now, McLoofus said:

What's scary is that Gus might have coached the bad *into* him. The dude isn't as good as he was at this point last year.

Regardless, he'll have a much better chance at fulfilling his potential with the help of literally any NFL coaching staff than he's got right now.

*shudder*

Yes, it's a disturbing trend that QBs either plateau rapidly under Gus' leadership, at best. At worst, they decline. None of JS's weaknesses from last year were corrected. I get he's got a crap OL right now which only compounds the issues but I mean damn what part of his game has improved?

Just now, Tiger said:

*shudder*

Yes, it's a disturbing trend that QBs either plateau rapidly under Gus' leadership, at best. At worst, they decline. None of JS's weaknesses from last year were corrected. I get he's got a crap OL right now which only compounds the issues but I mean damn what part of his game has improved?

Exactly. The mistakes of a gelling OL should be somewhat masked by a wildly talented, veteran QB. Instead, they all look awful and confused. We have a coaching problem.

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

*shudder*

Well, he DID get a gazillionaire's daughter to say "yes" so apparently THAT game is rock solid.

2 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

He would be a great fit for the cowpokes. They rarely throw the ball more than 10 yds downfield. Or maybe that's because Prescott isn't capable. 

Prescott was never much of a deep ball threat.

Stidham is one of the best pure passers in the country, particularly on deep balls. Or at least he was when he got here.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Prescott was never much of a deep ball threat.

Stidham is one of the best pure passers in the country, particularly on deep balls. Or at least he was when he got here.

Frustrating that Malzahn will not take full advantage of Stidhams skillset. 

On 9/22/2018 at 7:28 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean all of that is nice but none of it matters when our system doesn’t support them lol. You’re wasting your time and scholarships recruiting guys that won’t be used for their intended purpose 

A JF3 can be schemed around similar to the guy Houston had a couple years ago. But really an above average passer with his running instincts (e.g Nick) is gonna take Gus twice as far as any Bo or Jarrett could 

The time of zone read based offense that you want so badly, is over.

12 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, he DID get a gazillionaire's daughter to say "yes" so apparently THAT game is rock solid.

It's easier to get a QB married than it is to let him throw a slant just like it's easier to get the AU HC job than a Texas High School gig

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Exactly. The mistakes of a gelling OL should be somewhat masked by a wildly talented, veteran QB. Instead, they all look awful and confused. We have a coaching problem.

Out of reax but 100% agreed

I love JS, but I’d really like to see a little more fire and accountability out of him. I know it’s just not in his personality, but the way you carry yourself in game can lend huge benefits to your play.

Archived