Congressman Ellison Accused

Proud Tiger

It will be more than interesting to see how the Dems handle/rationalize this in light of their current circus in the Ford case accusing Kavanaugh. It sure looks like Monohan has a much stronger case than Ford.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/20/keith-ellison-domestic-violence-accuser-posts-2017-medical-document-identifying-democrat-as-abuser.html

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

It will be more than interesting to see how the Dems handle/rationalize this in light of their current circus in the Ford case accusing Kavanaugh. It sure looks like Monohan has a much stronger case than Ford.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/20/keith-ellison-domestic-violence-accuser-posts-2017-medical-document-identifying-democrat-as-abuser.html

She could destroy him with the quickness, especially if she has the evidence she says she does.

And I don’t think the Dems have too much of a problem investigating and removing their own. Franken, for instance.

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

She could destroy him with the quickness, especially if she has the evidence she says she does.

And I don’t think the Dems have too much of a problem investigating and removing their own. Franken, for instance.

Exactly.  If the Democrats would like to posture as the anti-corruption, transparency party they must deal with the bad acts of their members honestly.

If Ellison is guilty of the allegations and he becomes a casualty of his former misdeeds so be it.

7 minutes ago, HVAU said:

Exactly.  If the Democrats would like to posture as the anti-corruption, transparency party they must deal with the bad acts of their members honestly.

If Ellison is guilty of the allegations and he becomes a casualty of his former misdeeds so be it.

And then there is this:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/20/bookers-push-for-kavanaugh-vote-delay-called-out-over-his-1992-column-detailing-teenage-groping.html

Do you think he should be allowed to vote on Kavanaugh?

5 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Investigate and let the chips fall where they may— see how easy that is? 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Investigate and let the chips fall where they may— see how easy that is? 

Investigate what? Looks like he voluntarily confessed. So I ask again, should he be allowed to vote.

Just now, Proud Tiger said:

Investigate what? Looks like he voluntarily confessed. So I ask again, should he be allowed to vote.

You’re confused. You may want to try to attack only one Dem per thread to keep it straight.

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Ellison doesn't get to vote on SCOTUS nominees.

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Dear God, are you serious? 

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Dear God, are you serious? 

You got lost. I'm talking about Booker. And yes I'm serious (but don't need to invoke God into it). Why should a Senator who admits groping breasts in 1991 be allowed to vote on Kavanaugh?

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

You got lost. I'm talking about Booker. And yes I'm serious. Why should a Senator who admits groping breasts in 1991 be allowed to vote on Kavanaugh? 

I deleted my reply in the other thread when Titan put on his mod hat, but now I wish I hadn't. This is comedy gold.

2 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

You got lost. I'm talking about Booker. And yes I'm serious. Why should a Senator who admits groping breasts in 1991 be allowed to vote on Kavanaugh?

15 year old, making out consensually, steals second. Ends up being friends with the young lady. Feels bad about it. Writes about it openly. Expresses contrition in his writing about it.

He's far from a hypocrite.

7 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Somebody’s lost. 

'Yep and somebody thinks it's funny that a Senator admits grabbing an underage girl's breasts. Not surprising since it doesn't fit his narrative.

15 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

'Yep and somebody thinks it's funny that a Senator admits grabbing an underage girl's breasts. Not surprising since it doesn't fit his narrative.

You seem to be the one that's lost.  Go back and re-read.  Texas responded to your original post about Ellison and you responded by asking if he should be allowed to vote.  So I pointed out that Congressman Ellison doesn't get to vote on SCOTUS nominees.  You are the one confused, not him, not me.  Probably because you didn't bother to read which of your posts he was replying to before shooting off at the keyboard.

Then you posted this story about Booker.  So I asked a reasonable question.  I can't believe that you're serious that a guy who was 15 years old himself, gropes another 15-year old during a make-out session, she stops him and he doesn't push it further, AND he's admitting it himself eight years after the fact back in 1992 rather than it coming out later and denying it, should recuse himself from voting.  It's flat out the one of the dumbest things I've seen you post in a while and makes me question whether you should have any access to discussing political matters here at all.  You are truly the undisputed king of false equivalencies.

^^^^^^ You have now shifted into nasty gear so I won't bother to respond. It would be a waste of time and more posts. So I will do as stoic-one says and cool it.

5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

^^^^^^ You have now shifted into nasty gear so I won't bother to respond. It would be a waste of time and more posts. So I will do as stoic-one says and cool it.

It's ok to admit that you are wrong from time to time.  It is much more respectable than becoming defensive whenever a poorly chosen position is shown to be such.

I think you should check out some Sam Harris.  One of the early lines he uses in his "Waking Up" podcast is something to the effect of "I don't want to be incorrect in my positions any longer than I must, so please if you have a better, more rational position educate me."

16 minutes ago, HVAU said:

It's ok to admit that you are wrong from time to time.  It is much more respectable than becoming defensive whenever a poorly chosen position is shown to be such.

I think you should check out some Sam Harris.  One of the early lines he uses in his "Waking Up" podcast is something to the effect of "I don't want to be incorrect in my positions any longer than I must, so please if you have a better, more rational position educate me."

I certainly try to admit when I'm wrong. Please tell me what I was wrong about in this thread. I may have confused the discussion since Ellison and Booker were in the thread. As far as Booker, I  made a post and asked a question. One can disagree with my opinion without me being wrong. Please read thru the thread again. I caused confusion but what am I supposed to admit being wrong about? Do you agree with Titan's tirade?

57 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I certainly try to admit when I'm wrong. Please tell me what I was wrong about in this thread. I may have confused the discussion since Ellison and Booker were in the thread. As far as Booker, I  made a post and asked a question. One can disagree with my opinion without me being wrong. Please read thru the thread again. I caused confusion but what am I supposed to admit being wrong about? Do you agree with Titan's tirade?

Proud, you’re a master a derailing your own thread.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

You may choose not to respond, but make no mistake about it:  it’s not because I got “nasty.”  It’s because you got mixed up and because your argument got thoroughly dismantled and exposed in all it’s absurdity. No one is fooled. 

2 hours ago, AUDub said:

15 year old, making out consensually, steals second. Ends up being friends with the young lady. Feels bad about it. Writes about it openly. Expresses contrition in his writing about it.

He's far from a hypocrite.

Quoted for PT

10 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I'm sure if Kavanaugh did what Ford claims he would feel bad and be contrite also.

You don’t know him from Adam’s house cat and can’t say anything like that for sure. 

7 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You don’t know him from Adam’s house cat and can’t say anything like that for sure. 

Of course I don't know. Neither do you. When did  knowing something here become a criteria? Threads are rampant with speculation. Let me say I THINK Kavanaugh would feel bad and contrite. He seems to be a good man and I base my opinion on that. Is that better for you?

14 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Of course I don't know. Neither do you. When did  knowing something here become a criteria? Threads are rampant with speculation. Let me say I THINK Kavanaugh would feel bad and contrite. He seems to be a good man and I base my opinion on that. Is that better for you?

You called Booker a hypocrite. 

Archived