Nate Craig-Myers

War to the Eagle

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Percolator said:

Gus is the biggest waster of talent of any coach I've ever seen. Auburn deserves better and so do the players. 

No.

19 minutes ago, Ber798297 said:

No longer on pay site.  Bryan Matthews is reporting it

Damn it, man. Not going to lie..this one hits the feels!

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:
1 hour ago, AidiAU said:

Laugh away. I picked Kyle Davis last year. ?

I remember you saying that the other day. That's... that's just... like, no offense, but don't even say any other WRs' names, please. You've probably already arrived at this conclusion on your own. We appreciate your sacrifice. 

In fairness, the other day Aidi DID acknowledge the error of her ways and make amends by choosing Tua the rest of the year.

I gotcher back Aidi!!!

1 minute ago, Ber798297 said:

Yup... it’s been a crap week

I am rooting for him! He is a great young man and very talented. I do hope he can get to a Florida school and show case it.  I know the usual suspects will come here and try to downplay his talent and potential.

Good for recruiting in the sense that they can earn immediate playing time. 

Bad for recruiting in the sense that AU underutilizes their talent  

I can’t blame him at all. These players have NFL aspirations. Do what you’ve got to do to make it. He could have been used better. AU can’t let the problem turn to not using these guys, we finally started recruiting them. It’s recruiting bait for other schooler and poison for AU. 

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Are these guys that are leaving for their own reasons paying back their tuition? They should be.

Hahahahahahahahahah are you kidding 

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am rooting for him! He is a great young man and very talented. I do hope he can get to a Florida school and show case it.  I know the usual suspects will come here and try to downplay his talent and potential.

I hope he does well and finds a place he is happy.  Just sux for us.

9 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Are these guys that are leaving for their own reasons paying back their tuition? They should be.

They worked their asses off for Auburn, represented the school in a classy way, no trouble off the field, and some have already earned their degree AND done graduate work.  They did what was ask of them from the coaching, compliance, and academic aspect.  They are "Auburn Men" and they lived the "Creed", and you want to know if they are reimbursing their tuition all because they've chosen to continue to follow the NCAA rules and they've decided to take their talents elsewhere?  WTH?:angry:

11 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

So off topic - I have been trying to figure out for some time now what a "bois" is........ bo-is-number-1.......gotcha. 

On another note this is not good for AU. Never good to lose guys like this. I like Seth as much as the next guy but you hate to HAVE to rely on freshmen.

15 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Why???   They get their tuition paid on a per year basis don’t they? If so, he earned it by being on the team and putting in the work that was asked of him 

14 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Are you paying me back for the time I lost reading this asinine post?  You should be.

Just from a quick scan of our recruiting classes in Malzahn's tenure, it doesn't seem many of our higher recruits panned out that wonderfully. 

20 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, AUcivE09 said:

So off topic - I have been trying to figure out for some time now what a "bois" is........ bo-is-number-1.......gotcha. 

On another note this is not good for AU. Never good to lose guys like this. I like Seth as much as the next guy but you hate to HAVE to rely on freshmen.

The other team across the way does it. And well. Tired of this notion that we can't have success with playing freshman. Put the best man on the field. 

link

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn receiver Nate Craig-Myers has departed the Auburn football program in search of a new home, people familiar with the decision tell Auburn Undercover.

Craig-Myers and his half-brother, backup defensive back Jayvaughn Myers, did not attend practice Thursday, two sources tell Auburn Undercover. Both players' careers at Auburn are over, another source said. Practices at Auburn are closed to the public and the media.

The Myers Brothers' departures mark the fifth and sixth departures from the team since August and the fifth total since the start of the season. Craig-Myers finished his career with 22 catches for 394 yards and four touchdowns.

Craig-Myers had a difficult time finding a productive spot on the field for the Tigers, though he was viewed as one of Auburn's best blocking receivers on the field. His production had also been doubled by freshman Seth Williams since the start of the season, which also played a factor into the Tampa, Florida native's decision.

Craig-Myers had two catches for 39 yards in three games while Williams is fourth on the team with four catches for 72 yards, including a pair of big catches for 35 yards against LSU last week. They both play the same position.

Craig-Myers caught two passes in the season opener against Washington and hasn't recorded a stat since.

The move comes on the eve of what many view as a new free agency for college football. Players are allowed to play in up to four games and still maintain eligibility for an additional year as a redshirt player, meaning players who are unhappy with their spot on a team can request their release four games into a season and transfer elsewhere with a year of eligibility in their pocket.

The rule was initially created this season to allow freshmen more playing time while allowing for an additional year of eligibility, but Craig-Myers' decision is one of many that will exploit this loophole. Auburn tight end Jalen Harris left the team Tuesday for the same reason and intends to transfer as a graduate in the spring.

Backup offensive tackle Tyler Carr left the team in August, backup cornerback John Broussard Jr.departed Sept. 4, and former starting punter Aidan Marshall left the team following a 63-9 win against Alabama State on Sept. 8.

Craig-Myers came to Auburn with plenty of hype as a 4-star signee. He didn’t choose the Tigers publicly until National Signing Day in 2016, but never eclipsed 300 yards receiving in a single season as others such as Darius Slayton, former walk-on Will Hastings and fellow 2016 signee Eli Stovesurpassed his production.

Expectations, however, were high heading into his junior season.

“He’s been a guy who has shown up this fall camp making play after play,” receivers coach Kodi Burns said in August. “He’s a guy that we’re going to give some chances to down the field, because that’s what he can do. He can go attack the ball and make some plays, make contested catches, and he also blocks his butt off, so I’m extremely happy to have him.”

*** Try us FOR FREE for 7 days and get the latest Auburn recruiting and team scoops ***

*** Get FREE Auburn breaking news in your inbox ***

Craig-Myers finished the 2016 season with 16 catches for 285 yards and three touchdowns, including nine games with one catch or less. He stepped up more often near the end of the season, recording six catches for 88 yards and two touchdowns in the final three games, including a touchdown catch out of the Wildcat formation in a 26-14 victory against Alabama.

“I feel good about my role,” Craig-Myers said in August. “Whenever coach calls my number, I got to make a play.”

Coaches believed in the preseason Craig-Myers could transform into a down-the-field threat much like Slayton, who averaged 22.2 yards per catch (No. 5 in the nation) and finished with 643 yards and five touchdowns last season.

13COMMENTS

“Yeah, for sure,” Slayton said in August. “Nate’s definitely a really talented guy. That’s all he needs is opportunities because he’s going to make the plays. [Gus Malzahn] is spot on with that, though. I think he’s poised for a big year.”

Two members of Auburn's talented four-man class of receivers in 2016 have since left the program. Kyle Davis was booted from the team in October 2017 and later transferred to FAU. A third player, Stove, tore an anterior cruciate ligament in March and is in the process of working his way back into the lineup this season.

4 minutes ago, GTNupe11 said:

The other team across the way does it. And well. Tired of this notion that we can't have success with playing freshman. Put the best man on the field. 

I think that’s what’s happening here and so you got people bailing out.  Which is fine best of luck to both of the Craig brothers

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Are you paying me back for the time I lost reading this asinine post?  You should be.

You post that, and you call my post asinine? Youre weak-minded apparently. Cant handle someone having an opinion different than yours without showing your true colors. Pretty typical though. Yes, I posted it, and it's my opinion. Sorry, it hurt your feelings.

Archived