Null



Sign in to follow this  
TigerOne

Tiger Talk - Arkansas Week

Recommended Posts

Dnk_jBrW4AA1Krb.jpg
Photo: Todd Van Emst / AU Athletics

 

Some notes ...

  • Gus doesn't seem too shook up about the departures (Nate Craig-Myers, Jayvaughn Myers, Jalen Harris), says probably see more this week from other teams.
     
  • Good week of practice, "put the loss behind you."
     
  • Praising Arky coach of course, best friends in the coaching profession ...
     
  • Says the team has strong senior leadership.  Knows how to handle adversity.
     
  • Players choose the Captains for the season.
     
  • Had good things to say about Deshawn Davis' play.
     
  • Mentions penalties as an area needed improvement, said the same thing from earlier, it's on him
     
  • Talking about Daniel Carlson (who was released from the Vikings after missing 3 FGs last Sunday) how he will rebound.
     
  • Question: What do high school coaches bring to the table, got to be good teachers and adjusting to your talent. Bwwwaaaah, wow he said that.
     
  • Has RB rotation changed? Boobie more carries than the others, the hot hand comment. Not much information on the young guys. Usually know after the 4th game.
     
  • Next up for TE Tucker Brown, Sal, Samuel.
     
  • How vital fast start? Very, didn't do it last week.
     
  • Heat wasn't really a factor for players, in shape and ready.
     
  • Comment on the players wearing suit and tie for all home games very positive players wanted to do it.
     
  • Breakdown Arky, defense lots of returners we will get their best, Chavis DC
     
  • Offense Gus knows the QB' dad, good receivers impressed with their 3 TE, got to get turnovers.
     
  • What AU needs to do Saturday: Protect football, no turnovers. 
     
  • What happens to scholarship when player leaves, continue through the end of semester, can't give it to walkons.
     
  • He expects to come out like hair is on fire Saturday ... and he's gone that's it.
     
  • He didn't look too comfortable sitting at the table.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Has RB rotation changed? Boobie more carries than the others, the hot hand comment. Not much information on the young guys. Usually know after the 4th game.

Gus has not settled on his RB rotation until the 4th game or so since he’s been here.  I wonder if the new 4 game RS rule will alter his thinking on this?  I would think Kmart may be the next to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Gus has not settled on his RB rotation until the 4th game or so since he’s been here.  I wonder if the new 4 game RS rule will alter his thinking on this?  I would think Kmart may be the next to go.

I think Boobie will have a huge game against Arky and Kmart will get some carries as will Shivers and possibly Asa. I do not see Kmart leaving and would be surprised if he does. We need him in case of injuries. I would love to see Gatewood getting some snaps. Have not heard much from him being he has been injured.

Hey Biscuit, when do you think Gatewood will be back? I thought he would be ready by this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, doc4aday said:

I think Boobie will have a huge game against Arky and Kmart will get some carries as will Shivers and possibly Asa. I do not see Kmart leaving and would be surprised if he does. We need him in case of injuries. I would love to see Gatewood getting some snaps. Have not heard much from him being he has been injured.

Hey Biscuit, when do you think Gatewood will be back? I thought he would be ready by this game.

I believe the #1RB will be Boobee and #2 RB probably Kmart for today’s game.  The question in Kmart’s mind will be if he is OK with that.  He wanted to prove himself this year and with the lack of playing time against LSU he as to be mulling over his future going forward.  I agree we need him, but that may not be any concern to Kmart, he will be thinking about his future and the NFL. I hope he stick around, but won’t be surprised if he transfers after this game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this