Jalen, Nate And JM gone now.

Eagle Eye 7

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sully to Beasley said:

The new rule indeed has a lot to do with this. Also, the emergence of the freshmen WR's plays a large part in it as well. Best wishes to these 2 young men as they move on.

Yea only problem is these new receivers don’t block and that hurts our run game tremendously. But you just keep on watching . Come back by amen corner and see how much we miss them.

The new rule may have something to do with it but these talented players wouldn't be leaving if they were happy.  Do we think these defections are getting anybody in power's attention?   I know the defections are getting the attention of recruits, especially WR recruits.   Things are not looking good on The Plains. 

Call off the season, cancel school, end the football program, the GusBus is on fire!!  Unimaginable that a couple players would take advantage of a new rule to benefit themselves like the rule was intended

We have probably the best class of freshman receivers in the SEC that are making plays when they are on the field along with seasoned veterans that pretty much kept MCM off of the field. I do wish him and his brother the best and hope they can land somewhere else.

I do see our passing game becoming more and more a part of our offensive scheme. I look to see a lot of passing plays against Arkansas along with a stout rushing attack. I think the next 2 games will be the kind of games we need to get everything in place to have success against the upcoming SEC games to give us a chance to win. If we win the MSU game, this will set the stage for wins against other SEC games such as TAMU, UGA and bammer. I think by then barring any injuries, Boobie and the rest of our backs will be posting the kind of numbers we need to have a chance against the big boys on our schedule. It will not be remotely easy, but will require an effort like last season.

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Call off the season, cancel school, end the football program, the GusBus is on fire!!  Unimaginable that a couple players would take advantage of a new rule to benefit themselves like the rule was intended

A couple of players who were happy with their situation would not need or want to take advantage of the rule.  How many other schools have had three players with appreciable playing time leave the team this week?   I do expect to see some leave other schools next week before game five but not ones with a lot of playing time.  

4 minutes ago, around4ever said:

A couple of players who were happy with their situation would not need or want to take advantage of the rule.  How many other schools have had three players with appreciable playing time leave the team this week?   I do expect to see some leave other schools next week before game five but not ones with a lot of playing time.  

JMO but  these are pretty talented guys who probably think they are capable of playing at some other Power 5 school.....since I find it hard to believe they would bail out for Jax State but I guess that's possible.   But.....are they really good enough to move to a comparable program and start playing over guys who have been there 2 or 3 years?    Not much history of that with AU players who have de-camped in the past.    

One thing about Crepea's weekly post on al.com about AU transfers is that he confirmed what I have generally believed......that guys leaving AU are playing much, even at lower level programs.......and most either stepped down or were barely involved at their new schools.   Auburn is a quality program and it's tough to break into the line-up at comparable schools. 

I favor the rule as it is worthwhile to give kids a second chance when they see the handwriting on the wall at their current school.    Players should go where they think they will be happy.  From their departure notes, none seem to be angry with coaches or AU.....and accept that they were fortunate to get the opportunity for an Auburn education.  Good for them.....and hope they land at a good spot for their futures. 

58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I mean I just cannot understand why a 4 star receiver from Phenix City is leaving MSU for the same reason.   (Yellow font)

This is almost 100% about guys taking advantage of an opportunity.  Sure they were not starting or they were seeing playing time erode by younger guys,. But that happens.   AU very well may become a beneficiary of this rule too.  

21 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

I mean I just cannot understand why a 4 star receiver from Phenix City is leaving MSU for the same reason.   (Yellow font)

This is almost 100% about guys taking advantage of an opportunity.  Sure they were not starting or they were seeing playing time erode by younger guys,. But that happens.   AU very well may become a beneficiary of this rule too.  

I have no doubts we will. I wouldn't be surprised if some tailbacks from other universities were not thinking about it for example.

JMO but the rule helps some young guys who might not see the field their freshman year under the old rules.....but now they get a few games to impress coaches and earn an active role....maybe to the detriment of more veteran p!ayers. 

I like the rule...warts and all.

Basically free agency is now in full bloom in college football. 

Why would this hurt our wide receiver recruiting? Freshmen wide receivers seeing the field (Williams, Schwartz) would seem like a positive, no? I like Myers so I’m not saying this as a negative. Or has this already been discussed? 

6 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Basically free agency is now in full bloom in college football. 

This is kind of my fear. I could see this happening.

Auburn brings someone in, so we train, spend tons of money on this kid for two years, invest on him being here. Spot happens where we are changing QB's or something. But wait.... Texas is loaded with talent and experience in all the right spots, with just the right schedule and their one missing piece is that kid we built.

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

The new rule may have something to do with it but these talented players wouldn't be leaving if they were happy.  Do we think these defections are getting anybody in power's attention?   I know the defections are getting the attention of recruits, especially WR recruits.   Things are not looking good on The Plains. 

Reading this made me throw up in my mouth a little. Is there an issue with the overall climate on the team? If so, is it heading towards the 2012 realm?

I agree...I hate to check an Auburn football site to see who else is leaving...sounds like they're leaving a sinking ship...

Archived