Jalen, Nate And JM gone now.

Eagle Eye 7

9 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Reading this made me throw up in my mouth a little. Is there an issue with the overall climate on the team? If so, is it heading towards the 2012 realm?

JMO but that's an over-reaction.....the guys are apparently leaving because of playing time.....so whose fault is that?  .   Gotta earn the playing time and I for one don't look for coaches to give playing time as a reward for tenure.    

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Basically free agency is now in full bloom in college football. 

If you are fair with your players they aren’t going anywhere. They chose AU for more reasons than football. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

JMO but that's an over-reaction.....the guys are apparently leaving because of playing time.....so whose fault is that?  .   Gotta earn the playing time and I for one don't look for coaches to give playing time as a reward for tenure.    

Wrong again. What don’t you understand they are getting playing time. They are both starters. Problem is they are only getting the dirty work. They like others would like to play in the NFL  some day. To do that they have to have total experience at their position which includes catching passes . ?‍♂️ 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

If you are fair with your players they aren’t going anywhere. They chose AU for more reasons than football. 

The days of being loyal to Auburn or anyone will come to an end when opportunities to play are more important than team or school. 

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Wrong again. What don’t you understand they are getting playing time. They are both starters. Problem is they are only getting the dirty work. They like others would like to play in the NFL  some day. To do that they have to have total experience at their position which includes catching passes . ?‍♂️ 

OK...I accept that.....so they don't want to play the position the way the coaches designed the offense.....then time for them to move on but I also think that if they were effective pass catchers, they would be getting more opportunities.  .I'm still of the view that they are likely to end up a step lower when they select their next school.    

JMO but transfers to me are like lost or flipped recruits.   If they don't want to be at AU for whatever reason, I'm not gonna lose any sleep over it. 

37 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Why would this hurt our wide receiver recruiting? Freshmen wide receivers seeing the field (Williams, Schwartz) would seem like a positive, no? I like Myers so I’m not saying this as a negative. Or has this already been discussed? 

Yes, the freshmen seeing the field is a positive but only being targeted a couple of times is not what they are looking for, even as freshmen.  They want 8+ targets per game. 

17 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

The days of being loyal to Auburn or anyone will come to an end when opportunities to play are more important than team or school. 

I’ll try to explain this another way. Most every recruit we get has multiple offers. You can bet each one of those schools offer the moon to these players. They convince them their career at this university will be done right. Then they show up and are assigned to do the opposite of what they were promised. We the fans think that’s ok because we are giving the a free education. Point is we aren’t giving them crap. They could have gotten the same thing at many other universities. NCM probably had twenty or more D1 offers. What will happen is not just players walking off during the year but recruits doubting our offers to them and signing elsewhere. I’m glad for the new rule for too long universities have taken advantage by lying to these guys. Giving them false hopes. Now it will start costing them. 

32 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I’ll try to explain this another way. Most every recruit we get has multiple offers. You can bet each one of those schools offer the moon to these players. They convince them their career at this university will be done right. Then they show up and are assigned to do the opposite of what they were promised. We the fans think that’s ok because we are giving the a free education. Point is we aren’t giving them crap. They could have gotten the same thing at many other universities. NCM probably had twenty or more D1 offers. What will happen is not just players walking off during the year but recruits doubting our offers to them and signing elsewhere. I’m glad for the new rule for too long universities have taken advantage by lying to these guys. Giving them false hopes. Now it will start costing them. 

JaLen Hurts dad said he would be the biggest free agent in football if he wasn’t the starter.  Saban has wronged Jalen?  Made promises he didn’t keep?  How will Saban ever recruit again?  

Has Gus always had the designated blocker WR?  Nope... so why think that’s a role in the offense for some great receiver. 

Heres an idea if you want 8-10catches a game go to the Air Raid big 12...  if you want to play in the best conference and go against the best to challenge yourself go to an SEC school and if you want to go to an SEC with a chance to win championships go to a place like Auburn.  

Its weird that “blocking WR position” that Seth Williams plays already has more catches then NCM in about a 10th of the playing time this year.  

Guess Gus just has it in for Nate because obviously us fans know more about the talents of the player then the coaches.  

So much for D Craig and his top WR class. I thought it was too good to be true. I always wondered why they wanted to go to a school that barely throws the ball.. And if we do it's to one guy. It's not because he wasn't putting in the work, it's all about freshman getting more pass attempts than a guy who paid his dues. It's smart, why stay on a team when you might get a TD this year if he's lucky. Good luck NCM. 

And on top of that since Gus doesn’t play his talented players and they have to be juniors or senior why is Seth taking NCM’s spot???  He’s a true freshman if my memory serves me correctly 

2 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

So much for D Craig and his top WR class. I thought it was too good to be true. I always wondered why they wanted to go to a school that barely throws the ball.. And if we do it's to one guy. It's not because he wasn't putting in the work, it's all about freshman getting more pass attempts than a guy who paid his dues. It's smart, why stay on a team when you might get a TD this year if he's lucky. Good luck NCM. 

Paying your dues.  What does that have to do with anything?  Play the best player... 

Chandler Cox pays his dues should he get more carries or should he say forget I’ll transfer somewhere where I will get more carries.  

The walkons pay their dues should they just bolt?  Devin Adams looks a hell of a lot better passing then Malik... shouldn’t he just quit since he’s paid his dues 

I hope all the players make it to the NFL and are super stars but that isn’t what Gus is paid to do.  It’s to do what’s best for AU and to win games

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Paying your dues.  What does that have to do with anything?  Play the best player... 

Chandler Cox pays his dues should he get more carries or should he say forget I’ll transfer somewhere where I will get more carries.  

The walkons pay their dues should they just bolt?  Devin Adams looks a hell of a lot better passing then Malik... shouldn’t he just quit since he’s paid his dues 

I hope all the players make it to the NFL and are super stars but that isn’t what Gus is paid to do.  It’s to do what’s best for AU and to win games

Come on.. Get your head out of your butt. We've seen enough of NCM to know he needED more targets. To deny that is freaking asinine.

Edit. 

3 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Come on.. Get your head out of your butt. We've seen enough of NCM to know he needED more targets. To deny that is freaking asinine.

Edit. 

Where did we see this against 3rd stringers in A-day?  

In real life games he was probably about a 50 percent catch rate guy.

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

You serious? Of course, the opportunity to play is more important. These guys are trying to go to the freaking NFL 

1 hour ago, tigerman1186 said:

sounds like they're leaving a sinking ship...

Well, you know the old saying; the rats are the first one's to jump off a sinking ship...…?(pun intended) smh….

8 minutes ago, corchjay said:

This situation isn’t as much about the 4 game rule as it is about JayVaughn not getting playing time and NCM getting passed by a freshman. 

This is just plain stupid. It's hard to take you seriously after that first part. 

19 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Where did we see this against 3rd stringers in A-day?  

In real life games he was probably about a 50 percent catch rate guy.

How about every time he's been thrown the damn ball.????

1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

This is just plain stupid. It's hard to take you seriously after that first part. 

You’re wrong.   Believe me on this...

so JayVaughn is quitting to because NCM had to block?  

So should JayVaughn get to play over Smoke or Jamien?  

Just fair warning Schwartz is gonna take Eli’s spot as well.  

Just like by the end of the year I expect Jamien and Smoke to be getting about 30-40 percent in the defensive backfield as well.  Tutt will continue to push Iggy.  That’s what we want ultimate competition day in and day out...  

36 minutes ago, corchjay said:

You’re wrong.   Believe me on this...

so JayVaughn is quitting to because NCM had to block?  

So should JayVaughn get to play over Smoke or Jamien? 

No. Jayvaughan was not a contributor. NCM was. Should be. could be more. Again quit ignoring that. It's insulting to everyone

7 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

No. Jayvaughan was not a contributor. NCM was. Should be. could be more. Again quit ignoring that. It's insulting to everyone

Seth was going to start taking snaps away from NCM.  Game plan this week. Nate didn’t like it took his ball and is going home.

believe what you want to believe tho.  

NCM hasn’t been the same since his injury in high school. If he was a 3 star commit none of this discussion would be happening but because some think he’s this dynamic 5 star player that he deserves something.  

Do you want good blocking WRs and average catching WRs or do you want good catching WRs and average blocking WRs?  

Archived