Jalen, Nate And JM gone now.

Eagle Eye 7

9 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And I guaran-gd-tee you his teammates are okay with it. 

Nah.…..More likely....there are many different reactions …..likely  some players are pi****d because they see the team being hurt with chances for a good season still ahead of them,    some are thinking "it's their business" ….. and some are probably thinking "they are making a big mistake"...and maybe one or two are thinking..."well that's more time for me on the field"  :)

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, AU64 said:
20 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

And I guaran-gd-tee you his teammates are okay with it. 

Nah.…..More likely....there are many different reactions …..likely  some players are pi****d because they see the team being hurt with chances for a good season still ahead of them,    some are thinking "it's their business" ….. and some are probably thinking "they are making a big mistake"...and maybe one or two are thinking..."well that's more time for me on the field"  :)

***Just for clarification, that was not my quote.  Not sure why my name is tagged to it ?***

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And Nate and Jalen were counting on somebody to throw them the ball. See how that works?

I see what you both are saying........When I played first year of Peanut football I was knocked on me arse by a kid quicker off his back on his feet during a drill thats probably long since been banned...........Embarrassed I wanted to quit.......got home dad told me I had to finish the season.....at first I  thought it was because dad had dumped a bunch of money at Thoss Sporting Goods for helmet, pads, etc........it wasnt.

On the other hand so much more on the line for a College kid with dreams of next level etc........

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

***Just for clarification, that was not my quote.  Not sure why my name is tagged to it ?***

It came out of a string up above....should have checked closer to see who had originated it.....think it was Loofus...sounds like him anyway....sorry   :dunno:

But my thoughts about the player reaction stand....

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nah.....they're more likely ok with it.

1 minute ago, jAUSon said:

Nah.....they're more likely ok with it.

I know the guy behind him is!

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Each week, AL.com runs articles updating how AU (and UAT) transfers fared. Summary: the results are mixed.  Tim Irvin and Carlito Gonzalez are not playing very much at ECU and Memphis respectively. Marlon Character sees a little action but doesn’t start at Louisville. Justin Thornton and Tre Threat are playing some and are solid contributors at JSU. Antwan Jackson is not starting or playing much at OSU from what I can tell. On the other hand, Byron Cowart is putting up some good production at Maryland, and Woody Barrett is starting at Kent State and putting up some really good numbers. From last season, Roc Thomas had an excellent year at JSU and is on the Vikings roster in the NFL. The article comes out every week on Monday or Tuesday with rolling updates. WDE!!!

Guess I would not put most of these on the same level as Auburn.maybe Maryland and of course OSU. I don’t think jf3 really did anything at fiu either. I’m just thinking that history indicates transferring is not a huge issue. Hopefully it stays that way with this new rule

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I know the guy behind him is!

I had that figured....but guess if a key player on my team quit half way through the season I would not be so "OK" about it  

Jalen and C-M were valuable guys and while they obviously felt under-used or underappreciated,  their departure diminishes the team …which affects everyone who cares about the "team's" success.   JMO

18 hours ago, keesler said:

They have no oline - our D will have to hold each other back or someone will kill that green QB.  Their defense is non-existent even with "Chief" running the show, AU will run all over them.  And if you saw the trick North Texas pulled on them on special teams last week on that kick return, you'd laugh your ass off.  (I don't know how to link $h!t or I'd provide a clip)

AU will dial it up, tally the points at +/-55 and call it a day.  All will be well in the Loveliest Village on the Plains, the fans will be happy once again! 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I had that figured....but guess if a key player on my team quit half way through the season I would not be so "OK" about it  

Jalen and C-M were valuable guys and while they obviously felt under-used or underappreciated,  their departure diminishes the team …which affects everyone who cares about the "team's" success.   JMO

Yes or no question. Did Brandon Jacobs play in the NFL? Back to you sir.

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

64, I don't disagree with how you feel about it.  I'm "only" 46 myself but I am considered by many an "old soul".

I personally am not a fan of modern day "me first" mentality and believe that the astro-gob-nominal amounts of money being demanded and thrown around are completely ruining the game, as well as many other aspects of life. 

BUT!!!!

I do understand it's the way of the world now and I get it so, it just is what it is.

Plus, I am a capitalist so I can't promise that if $$$ were in my future I wouldn't make the same selfish decisions.  It's all about"reality" and what an individual today, or 40 years ago, are/were realistically faced with.

16 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Guess I would not put most of these on the same level as Auburn.maybe Maryland and of course OSU. I don’t think jf3 really did anything at fiu either. I’m just thinking that history indicates transferring is not a huge issue. Hopefully it stays that way with this new rule

Kyle Davis is the only one I hated to lose...he was a playmaker.  And I suppose that transfer wasn't really up to him.

44 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Nah.…..More likely....there are many different reactions …..likely  some players are pi****d because they see the team being hurt with chances for a good season still ahead of them

So those guys are mad that a teammate isn't potentially sacrificing a very lucrative livelihood so they can possibly win a couple more games. Sounds pretty "me first" of them to me.

And we do need to keep in mind that you keep referring to a guy that you said lost his job as a "key player".

8 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Yep....what was that ?   15 years ago?  under Pat Dye II think but look who he was behind at AU...And  yes...it can happen.  

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So those guys are mad that a teammate isn't potentially sacrificing a very lucrative livelihood so they can possibly win a couple more games. Sounds pretty "me first" of them to me.

And we do need to keep in mind that you keep referring to a guy that you said lost his job as a "key player".

Don't to be the starter to be a key player....and OK    so he's not good enough to beat out an incoming freshman...and gonna make a million bucks by transferring?   :-\ 

Still... they were still important to the team...and JMO....the team is  going to miss them.  

Meanwhile I guess we are back to the discussion of guys deciding not to play games late in the season or bowl games because they might get hurt and lose all that bonus money.   Just for the record, I don't care much for the excuses given last year on that subject. 

Beautiful. There should never be a me-first attitude in sports. But if the actual pecking order is distorted, somebody has to pay. Do I expect NCM to pay? Business decision is what it looks like to me. Some guys may do this from dillusion. But it just might be the best decision this group ever made. I think they can ball out. If you sign up half dozen nationally recognized wide recievers, and only feed two of them who are running probably only two routes......there will be fallout. They need their carreers more than this non-toss-it-around school needs their one catch every week. Beat Arky.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Don't to be the starter to be a key player....and OK    so he's not good enough to beat out an incoming freshman...and gonna make a million bucks by transferring?   :-\ 

Still... they were still important to the team...and JMO....the team is  going to miss them.  

Meanwhile I guess we are back to the discussion of guys deciding not to play games late in the season or bowl games because they might get hurt and lose all that bonus money.   Just for the record, I don't care much for the excuses given last year on that subject. 

Of course you don't, because you've never been in their position and you have absolutely no idea what it's like to have to make that choice. Neither do I, and that's why I'm not casting any judgment. We're both speaking from a privileged and limited perspective. I am hoping that mine continues to evolve and grow though.

By the way, last year's number one draft pick walked on at one school, transferred, and walked on at another. The leading Heisman contender right now transferred away from his original school. Cam Newton was never going to start at Florida.

You'd have to believe Nate and JH aren't cutting it, and they're quitters, or that they gave it their all and are now trying to shore up their last chances to shine. I bet it was a hard decision for them, for us to banter it around so cavalierly. They're gone. I wish the absolute best for them, and I'm leaving the subject. Now if you'll indulge me, I've attached a diagram of S. Coates' route tree for the steelers. War Eagle.

IMG_20180922_103109.jpg

gus on tiger talk thursday night.......-- On the departures of Jalen Harris, Nate Craig-Myers and Jayvaughn Myers: "We wish them nothing but the best. It's a new day, and I think you'll see more of that in the next week or so."....

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

gus on tiger talk thursday night.......-- On the departures of Jalen Harris, Nate Craig-Myers and Jayvaughn Myers: "We wish them nothing but the best. It's a new day, and I think you'll see more of that in the next week or so."....

He was right. UCLA lost a backup QB yesterday. The waiver wire will have some activity in the next few days. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

He was right. UCLA lost a backup QB yesterday. The waiver wire will have some activity in the next few days. 

hmmmm. i thought he was talking maybe more from auburn leaving. but yes i expect many to leave. folks wanna go where it gives them the best chance to chase those dollars...........

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Each week, AL.com runs articles updating how AU (and UAT) transfers fared. Summary: the results are mixed.  Tim Irvin and Carlito Gonzalez are not playing very much at ECU and Memphis respectively. Marlon Character sees a little action but doesn’t start at Louisville. Justin Thornton and Tre Threat are playing some and are solid contributors at JSU. Antwan Jackson is not starting or playing much at OSU from what I can tell. On the other hand, Byron Cowart is putting up some good production at Maryland, and Woody Barrett is starting at Kent State and putting up some really good numbers. From last season, Roc Thomas had an excellent year at JSU and is on the Vikings roster in the NFL. The article comes out every week on Monday or Tuesday with rolling updates. WDE!!!

Speaking of Woody Barrett at Kent State, they are playing Ole Miss on SEC Network in the early game now. 

On 9/20/2018 at 6:50 PM, corchjay said:

Call off the season, cancel school, end the football program, the GusBus is on fire!!  Unimaginable that a couple players would take advantage of a new rule to benefit themselves like the rule was intended

Laugh it up but wait till injures start to mount up.

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Speaking of Woody Barrett at Kent State, they are playing Ole Miss on SEC Network in the early game now. 

Hate to say it but been watching that game and I'm much more impressed with Barrett than I've been of Stidham thus far this year.

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Yes or no, did Brandon Jacobs transfer to and succeed at another D-1 football team? (That, after all, was the question)

Wait, I'll answer for you. No, he did not. Southern Illinois was Div 1-AA at the time.

Archived