Jalen, Nate And JM gone now.

Eagle Eye 7

2 hours ago, boomstick said:

8679474.png

Usually when a swath of guys leave after being backups for a while anyway, or already suffered in their situation, there's more to it than just targets or playing time. Like Harris could've done it in a LONG time ago, unless he believed in the fairy tales they've spouted to us in interviews. NCM I would think has probably been considering this for a while, but Jayvaughn was actually just rising up the chart...so there's definitely factors more than just PT for some of these guys. 

I just hope the floor doesn't come out for this team, because we would be wasting a lot of talented defensive individuals and senior leadership offensively. Just scrap together 10 wins PLEASE 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Jayvaughn was actually just rising up the chart...

Jay was technically 3rd string, but he wouldn't have been the 3rd or 6th guy off the bench.. He had been passed by every DB that came in after him. And the guys we're bringing in this class would probably be better day 1.  

6 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

This is just plain stupid. It's hard to take you seriously after that first part. 

You need to calm down and stop being so agressive.  Some of what he is saying is right.  If you read boomstick’s posts on other threads regarding this topic, NCM had his chances.  Out of all of the receivers, he was on the field for the most snaps.  His issue was not being able to separate from defenders.  The only time he caught the ball was scripted plays.  Stidham is not going to throw the ball to someone locked down.  

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

His issue was not being able to separate from defenders.  The only time he caught the ball was scripted plays.  Stidham is not going to throw the ball to someone locked down.  

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.  He can get separation and get targets on scripted plays but not others?  

8 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You need to calm down and stop being so agressive.  Some of what he is saying is right.  If you read boomstick’s posts on other threads regarding this topic, NCM had his chances.  Out of all of the receivers, he was on the field for the most snaps.  His issue was not being able to separate from defenders.  The only time he caught the ball was scripted plays.  Stidham is not going to throw the ball to someone locked down.  

And you and your fellow co-buddies need to stop talking down on a player who represented auburn to the best of his ability. Critiquing a player is one thing. Calling him average, underachieving or a quitter is making it personal. Especially when there is not enough a sample size to prove so.

8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm sorry, but that makes no sense.  He can get separation and get targets on scripted plays but not others?  

Yes.  On a scripted play you can have the dictation of who is exactly getting the ball, just like you can be told to run the ball.  On unscripted plays, there is more freedom.  

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

And you and your fellow co-buddies need to stop talking down on a player who represented auburn to the best of his ability. Critiquing a player is one thing. Calling him average, underachieving or a quitter is making it personal. Especially when there is not enough a sample size to prove so.

I don’t know why you grouped me in with those people.  I do not talk down players.  You are well aware I am a positive person on this forum so that wouldn’t fit my style of writing.  I gave my critique like I did in the post you quoted.  I do not support talking down to any player, or even coach for that matter.  Like I said in a previous post, “You never know who is watching.”   It is well known players and parents see what we say about their children.  

Just now, abw0004 said:

Yes.  On a scripted play you can have the dictation of who is exactly getting the ball, just like you can be told to run the ball.  On unscripted plays, there is more freedom.  

I don’t know why you grouped me in with those people.  I do not talk down players.  I gave my critique like I did in the post you quoted.  I do not support talking down to any player, or even coach for that matter.  Like I said in a previous post, “You never know who is watching.”   It is well known players and parents see what we say about their children.  

I called you out because that guy you are sticking up for has done nothing but that, yet you call out someone (rightfully so) who is being aggressive. Quite frankly I was peeved yesterday about it, but I had to choose to not even go that route. It is the same thing with the people who constantly bash Gus, it gets on my nerves. Critiquing is one thing. Quit making it personal with players and coaches. 

8 hours ago, around4ever said:

Yes, the freshmen seeing the field is a positive but only being targeted a couple of times is not what they are looking for, even as freshmen.  They want 8+ targets per game. 

8 per game ?   We have a diverse passing game with lots of receivers and almost nobody gets 8 in a game on a regular basis.....and no way 2 or 3 will see that many balls...JMO but if that is the expectation there will be lots of disappointed people.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I called you out because that guy you are sticking up for has done nothing but that, yet you call out someone (rightfully so) who is being aggressive. Quite frankly I was peeved yesterday about it, but I had to choose to not even go that route. It is the same thing with the people who constantly bash Gus, it gets on my nerves. Critiquing is one thing. Quit making it personal with players and coaches. 

If you notice DAG, I don’t go after people that go either way (for or against any subject).  I let them speak their peace.  I didn’t used to do that as you know, but it’s just not worth getting in the weeds.  Now I will step in and say something if it goes too far of course because that isn’t right.

I don’t appreciate when someone relentlessly goes after another player or poster.  Randman made at least three posts going after the same person.  So I stuck up for him, and I would do the same for you or even Randman.  I understand people are frustrated.  But it’s not an excuse to hide behind a computer and go after people personally for expressing their opinion to make themselves feel better.

To your point I do not like when any player is trashed or demeaned on this forum.  It’s not right and you are correct.  They are just doing what is best for them, even if I don’t agree with their choice.  So I in no way support the negative statements about players.  

21 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

If you notice DAG, I don’t go after people that go either way (for or against any subject).  I let them speak their peace.  I didn’t used to do that as you know, but it’s just not worth getting in the weeds.  Now I will step in and say something if it goes too far of course because that isn’t right.

I don’t appreciate when someone relentlessly goes after another player or poster.  Randman made at least three posts going after the same person.  So I stuck up for him, and I would do the same for you or even Randman.  I understand people are frustrated.  But it’s not an excuse to hide behind a computer and go after people personally for expressing their opinion to make themselves feel better.

To your point I do not like when any player is trashed or demeaned on this forum.  It’s not right and you are correct.  They are just doing what is best for them, even if I don’t agree with their choice.  So I in no way support the negative statements about players.  

That’s fine but be consistent . Again, the person you are taking up for has done nothing but that all evening. After this post, I am done talking about it. You guys kill me talking about being Auburn men and what not until crap hits the fans then we see the true nature of the beast . Hilariously , I find we, the fans, act exactly like the opposing fan bases that we thumb our noses down on. Yes, I include me in this discussions as well.

But I am passed  it. We have a dang game tomorrow and I am getting ready to support our boys in that light.

I was never real hot on N,C,Meyers but I always felt like, maybe this is the year he breaks out.

I really hate seeing Dameyune Craig on A&M's sideline to be honest. I don't particularly think to much of losing these players but I do wonder what the larger issue may or may not be. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

That’s fine but be consistent . Again, the person you are taking up for has done nothing but that all evening. After this post, I am done talking about it. You guys kill me talking about being Auburn men and what not until crap hits the fans then we see the true nature of the beast . Hilariously , I find we, the fans, act exactly like the opposing fan bases that we thumb our noses down on. Yes, I include me in this discussions as well.

But I am past it. We have a dang game tomorrow and I am getting ready to support our boys in that light.

Oh I wholeheartedly agree.  I think people on this forum react way too fast and end up with their foot in their mouths.  People talk through their first reaction emotions too much.  For this exact reason is why I make my “Thoughts from the Stadium” thread on a Monday instead of Saturday night or Sunday, win or lose.  It’s because I want the intitial emotions to die down so I can speak rationally when I write to the forum.  

My thought on transfers, just throwing it out there.  The guys were willing to make sacrifices for a championship run, once that got ruined, it was time to give themselves an opportunity to showcase themselves, to fulfill their life long dream. 

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

My thought on transfers, just throwing it out there.  The guys were willing to make sacrifices for a championship run, once that got ruined, it was time to give themselves an opportunity to showcase themselves, to fulfill their life long dream. 

If so, these are the guys that don't believe AU can succeed the rest of the season...they're better off gone.

9 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Come on.. Get your head out of your butt. We've seen enough of NCM to know he needED more targets. To deny that is freaking asinine.

Edit. 

If he needed more targets, then he did the right thing. He should look to the Big-12 where they pass 60 times a game. Also, he could have worked hard enough to keep true frosh Williams from getting half of his catches  but that didn't happen.

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I just wonder how many more. I don’t think this is only about the new rule

This is exactly what it is about.  Look at the current state of sports as a whole.  The "take my ball and go elsewhere" mentality has been increasing over the last decade or so, with players willing to sacrifice a year to transfer.  And now you have pretty much given them a free pass with this rule and yet you are surprised that more are leaving???  I understand the new rule and why it was done, I just think it should have been limited to freshman, which is why I thought they came up with it in the first place.

6 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

I understand the new rule and why it was done, I just think it should have been limited to freshman, which is why I thought they came up with it in the first place.

So you think a guy should be able to make a knee-jerk decision based off his first year in a new place and new program? But another guy who has been there awhile, has possibly undergone a coaching change or personnel changes- a WR will fail to catch a ball 100% of the time that a reasonably accurate pass isn't thrown his way- or otherwise realizes that what he was promised won't be delivered, and who knows for a fact that he has no future with that program shouldn't be allowed to make that decision for himself? 

I disagree. 

14 hours ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Remember Jalen just got a prestigious Leader award for his work outside the field . He is not an attitude problem neither is Nate. 

One doesn't have to have an attitude problem to get fed up with something...

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

So you think a guy should be able to make a knee-jerk decision based off his first year in a new place and new program? But another guy who has been there awhile, has possibly undergone a coaching change or personnel changes- a WR will fail to catch a ball 100% of the time that a reasonably accurate pass isn't thrown his way- or otherwise realizes that what he was promised won't be delivered, and who knows for a fact that he has no future with that program shouldn't be allowed to make that decision for himself? 

I disagree. 

You sure do have a lot of variables and what if's in your point.  I will say that I agree that anytime a coach leaves and said player was recruited by that coach then the player should absolutely be able to leave, no questions asked.  But we as fans don't know what was talked about during the recruiting process and what was or was not promised.  

What's to stop players from leaving bc they want to go to a better team or a "championship" contender?  To me it just seems like it's the early happenings of a full blown free agency, and maybe it won't, but that's the way it feels to me.

2 minutes ago, TecmoBoJackson said:

You sure do have a lot of variables and what if's in your point. 

These are all extremely common things that might affect a player's chance at success and that a player has no control over. And there are a LOT more variables beyond the ones I mentioned. Which is the whole point. There are myriad valid reasons for an older player to leave a program, which is why we have this rule.

I will say that I agree that anytime a coach leaves and said player was recruited by that coach then the player should absolutely be able to leave, no questions asked. 

New rule = good

But we as fans don't know what was talked about during the recruiting process and what was or was not promised.  

Exactly. So we shouldn't question the very real possibility that promises were made and broken. 

What's to stop players from leaving bc they want to go to a better team or a "championship" contender? 

A championship contender will already be very well stocked with blue chip talent and may or may not have room. Most players don't want to transfer because they're real people with real bonds to their teammates, friends and school. Most players had a pretty good idea of who was a championship contender and who wasn't before they signed. Most players who would be attractive to championship contenders are more preoccupied with playing time and NFL exposure than they are with championships. If they're getting that where they are, then they won't leave. If they're not getting that where they are, then that means it's no big loss for the team they're leaving.

To me it just seems like it's the early happenings of a full blown free agency, and maybe it won't, but that's the way it feels to me.

Fine by me. Coaches have been doing it for years. Heck, maybe we'll actually see more stability in coaching because of this, which would probably be for the betterment of the sport. 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Usually when a swath of guys leave after being backups for a while anyway, or already suffered in their situation, there's more to it than just targets or playing time. Like Harris could've done it in a LONG time ago, unless he believed in the fairy tales they've spouted to us in interviews. NCM I would think has probably been considering this for a while, but Jayvaughn was actually just rising up the chart...so there's definitely factors more than just PT for some of these guys. 

I just hope the floor doesn't come out for this team, because we would be wasting a lot of talented defensive individuals and senior leadership offensively. Just scrap together 10 wins PLEASE 

I worry that this isn’t the last we’re going to see of the transfers. Come Sunday/Monday, we here of several more names. Things 

Geez people.. settle down. I know we don't like rumors on the board, but.... NCM supposedly has a baby on the way so that might be a big part of his decision to leave. His brother followed him to Auburn and will no doubt follow him where ever he ends up.

15 hours ago, corchjay said:

Call off the season, cancel school, end the football program, the GusBus is on fire!!  Unimaginable that a couple players would take advantage of a new rule to benefit themselves like the rule was intended

Bunch of favorites left the program mid-season, yesterday. This board is discussing it like it was created to do. Seems most posts are giving everybody a fair shake. Why are you so upset about it? I'm a fan of yours, but you've been dogging since yesterday corch.

Archived