Jalen, Nate And JM gone now.

Eagle Eye 7

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Hate to say it but been watching that game and I'm much more impressed with Barrett than I've been of Stidham thus far this year.

Really? I need to take a look here

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DAG said:

His presence in the face of major pressure by the OM D has been very good.  It's not going to show up in the numbers since his team is out-manned but he's been very cool and made some nice plays the JS would have probably tossed out of bounds, etc.

Plus, I didn't realize how BIG he is.

3 hours ago, jAUSon said:

Yes or no question. Did Brandon Jacobs play in the NFL? Back to you sir.

There is huge difference between Jacobs and NCM in my opinion. Jacobs was behind two NFL first round draft picks. Also believe they wanted to utilize Jacobs in the passing game as a tight end (and we did throw to TE's then) but he didn't want to take on that role.

Side note, guess it is a good thing we didn't get Patterson like many wanted. He thinks the new transfer rules are "stupid"

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article214684155.html

If you have anything bad to say to him let me know. I'm going to the TCU/Texas game I will relay for you lol.

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes or no, did Brandon Jacobs transfer to and succeed at another D-1 football team? (That, after all, was the question)

Wait, I'll answer for you. No, he did not. Southern Illinois was Div 1-AA at the time.

Shame....everyone knew that ...well, except the guy who asked the question....and Southern Ill was his 3rd or 4th school.....but he was a stud ...just at AU at the wrong time. 

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

There is huge difference between Jacobs and NCM in my opinion. Jacobs was behind two NFL first round draft picks. Also believe they wanted to utilize Jacobs in the passing game as a tight end (and we did throw to TE's then) but he didn't want to take on that role.

Side note, guess it is a good thing we didn't get Patterson like many wanted. He thinks the new transfer rules are "stupid"

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/big-12/texas-christian-university/article214684155.html

If you have anything bad to say to him let me know. I'm going to the TCU/Texas game I will relay for you lol.

Doesn’t matter what he thinks. If one of his players wanted transfer within the realms of the rules they absolutely can. He can have his opinion.

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

His presence in the face of major pressure by the OM D has been very good.  It's not going to show up in the numbers since his team is out-manned but he's been very cool and made some nice plays the JS would have probably tossed out of bounds, etc.

I watch him and he throws a pick haha

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Everyone is going to look good against the OM defense.....and I'm hoping our guys can do as well also but as they say,....the jury is still out as far as that is concerned. 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I watch him and he throws a pick haha

:)   sure why not.....

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Doesn’t matter what he thinks. If one of his players wanted transfer within the realms of the rules they absolutely can. He can have his opinion.

Gonna tell him you said that! Can't guarantee a response though.

I was thinking more of how this board would melt down in this situation with Patterson as the coach since he has stated it teaches and enables quitters. Though if he was the coach and winning would be interesting to see if the transferring players would be defended as much as they are.

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:
16 minutes ago, DAG said:

Everyone is going to look good against the OM defense.....and I'm hoping our guys can do as well also but as they say,....the jury is still out as far as that is concerned. 

Keep in mind, he's not even playing behind Auburn's OLine but Kent State's OLine. 

Just now, Texan4Auburn said:

I was thinking more of how this board would melt down in this situation with Patterson as the coach since he has stated it teaches and enables quitters. Though if he was the coach and winning would be interesting to see if the transferring players would be defended as much as they are.

If you are going to melt down over someone’s opinion than you already have issues. Now keep in mind, him saying that will have a reaction. Whether it is positive or negative will be seen. I’m all for doing what’s best for you especially when the coaches are making millions and millions off your talents. 

14 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Actually I just pulled up the whole quote to get some context . He actually is more concerned about the recruiting factor and then after he speaks about teaching the kids to quit. See there is always an underlying reason to these things.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.com/college-football/2018/07/16/tcu-coach-gary-patterson-ncaa-transfer-rule-comments

“As I tell people all the time, at your house you’re going to allow your 17-year-old, 18-year-old to run your household? Let them pay your bills, that’s what you do? No. You don’t do that. So why are we putting our jobs in jeopardy because of an 18-year-old? That’s stupid.”

hmmm

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you are going to melt down over someone’s opinion than you already have issues. Now keep in mind, him saying that will have a reaction. Whether it is positive or negative will be seen. I’m all for doing what’s best for you especially when the coaches are making millions and millions off your talents. 

JMO but I think players and fans under-value what it means for a prospective professional athlete to have access to quality coaching, teaching and facilities at a place like AU.     None of these 17 or 18 year olds were good enough to make the jump to NFL ...or even to a good university program without it. ….and I'm doubting they will get better coaching as some lower level football program when they leave AU.      

I don't buy into the argument that coaches are making a lot of money off their talent at least as far as any given player is concerned.   That might be a reasonable view for the entire team/program.....but that is like saying that Tim Cook is making millions off the talents of some poor systems designer. Players at AU have been provided an outstanding opportunity to develop and market their athletic skills.....and some just can't or don't take advantage of it. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

JMO but I think players and fans under-value what it means for a prospective professional athlete to have access to quality coaching, teaching and facilities at a place like AU.     None of these 17 or 18 year olds were good enough to make the jump to NFL ...or even to a good university program without it. ….and I'm doubting they will get better coaching as some lower level football program when they leave AU.      

I don't buy into the argument that coaches are making a lot of money off their talent at least as far as any given player is concerned.   That might be a reasonable view for the entire team/program.....but that is like saying that Tim Cook is making millions off the talents of some poor systems designer. Players at AU have been provided an outstanding opportunity to develop and market their athletic skills.....and some just can't or don't take advantage of it. 

Cool I disagree. 

33 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Woody has an NFL body. You are right about that.

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

He's not been very accurate though.  

41 minutes ago, around4ever said:

He's not been very accurate though.  

Maybe, but again he's behind a Kent State line and throwing to Kent State receivers.  Under a pretty intense pressure much of the game he's stepped up made plays etc.  Not dodged pressure only to throw out of bounds.  Just my impression...

After watching the game...

Judging from team body language, Stidham's demeanor, the piss poor play calling, CCL's demeanor in the booth when they show him, even the announcers seem to notice....

I think the three guys leaving might be a symptom of something bigger on this team....at least the offense.

I sense trouble on the team.  Not being sarcastic...

Just now, around4ever said:

I know who has but I won't say it. 

Our kicker? Nope somebody put something in his Gatorade too ?

Archived