The anti-bash Gus Thread

corchjay

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If football was about hiring the best PEOPLE for head coaches our last 3 coaches all would be 3 of the best in that category lol. Especially the last 2. Tubs is a little edgier and sketchier than chiz and gus.

You mentioned previously what the difference maker should be, and that is Allen Greene.  To @Mid Atlantic Tiger point that Auburn couldn't do this or that, the commonality to your post above is that under Jay Jacobs we couldn't.  He didn't hire Tuberville.  Greene has already begun to clean up the athletic department, and don't forget he has been around for exactly four Auburn football games...it's going to take just a little more time to undo all that Jacobs did (bless his heart).

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

You mentioned previously what the difference maker should be, and that is Allen Greene.  To @Mid Atlantic Tiger point that Auburn couldn't do this or that, the commonality to your post above is that under Jay Jacobs we couldn't.  He didn't hire Tuberville.  Greene has already begun to clean up the athletic department, and don't forget he has been around for exactly four Auburn football games...it's going to take just a little more time to undo all that Jacobs did (bless his heart).

@PowerOfDixieland, I really hope you're right on this.  I really do.

16 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If football was about hiring the best PEOPLE for head coaches our last 3 coaches all would be 3 of the best in that category lol. Especially the last 2. Tubs is a little edgier and sketchier than chiz and gus.

And guess who was our best coach of the last three? I get your point, and probably like you, I don't want a freaking choir boy. I want to WIN.

1 hour ago, AUwent said:

And guess who was our best coach of the last three? I get your point, and probably like you, I don't want a freaking choir boy. I want to WIN.

Wait you took away from my post that I (LIKE MANY AUBURN PEOPLE) thinking hiring the best person is what big boy college football is all about?! HECK NO!!!!! I WANT TO WIN TOO FAM!!! I was def making fun of this since jay jacobs number 1 qualification for hiring football coaches at least seemed to be if they would go sit with him at sunday school! lol

8 hours ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

AMEN!!!! LETS GOOOO!!!!!! I am fully on board with Allen Greene is our savior! Mainly because I want it to be true and he kicks the good ol boys and their way of doing things out of the door. 

On 9/23/2018 at 1:19 PM, Mid Atlantic Tiger said:

@PowerOfDixieland, I really hope you're right on this.  I really do.

That's the wrong guy to put your hope in if you really need a right answer. I feel bad that you chose him

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

That's the wrong guy to put your hope in if you really need a right answer. I feel bad that you chose him

Trust me mate, when it comes to Auburn football, I have very little hope.  Only thing from Auburn Athletics that I would bank on is Basketball, Baseball, Golf, and Equestrian.  

Archived