Bama trolls

AUJedi

What are some of the tells you veteran posters on here can spot a Bama troll (or maybe other trolls) with? Seems like times like these are more ripe for them and I wonder if some of them are too subtle for me to recognize. 

This place is starting to become very rant like. People talking about trolls, grown men taking pot shots at players, endless Gus pro vs Gus con threads. At the end of the day it’s just football and 99 percent of us on here (including me) couldn’t touch , handle , deal with the coaches/players/administration have to endure with on a daily basis. There are no Bama trolls around. Only people who are taking themselves too seriously on an anonymous message board. WDE. Ready for us to get back to actual football.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

This place is starting to become very rant like. People talking about trolls, grown men taking pot shots at players, endless Gus pro vs Gus con threads. At the end of the day it’s just football and 99 percent of us on here (including me) couldn’t touch , handle , deal with the coaches/players/administration have to endure with on a daily basis. There are no Bama trolls around. Only people who are taking themselves too seriously on an anonymous message board. WDE. Ready for us to get back to actual football.

Bad night at work??? ? 

29 minutes ago, DAG said:

Only people who are taking themselves too seriously on an anonymous message board.

You’ll have to excuse a lot of us. They’re probably like me. Middle aged has beens or never was who don’t have much else to get excited about in life now (certainly not wives who don’t give us a second thought or grown kids doing their own thang now!) ?

If we could somehow get a W in Tuscaloosa this year, oh my *********** god Saban would lose his mind.  Especially if we can utterly submit them before the game is over like last year. Let it be so. 

I'm agreeing with DAG...some of the comments and posts popping up after one bad week are what we normally see during a 4-5 win season...trolls, bama cheating, players don't want to play for Gus, etc.  We just need to focus on us, take it one game at a time, and enjoy the season...if you're not being entertained, why bother?  I really don't think the bama fans troll too much these days...they're too busy winning.

1 hour ago, AUDevil said:

I'm agreeing with DAG...some of the comments and posts popping up after one bad week are what we normally see during a 4-5 win season...trolls, bama cheating, players don't want to play for Gus, etc.  We just need to focus on us, take it one game at a time, and enjoy the season...if you're not being entertained, why bother?  I really don't think the bama fans troll too much these days...they're too busy winning.

It's true. My bama friends haven't said a word this week. I don't think they care one bit about us until November. Sad state of affairs. 

9 hours ago, AUJedi said:

What are some of the tells you veteran posters on here can spot a Bama troll (or maybe other trolls) with? Seems like times like these are more ripe for them and I wonder if some of them are too subtle for me to recognize. 

You got to look for things like having Red in their name like that  @RunInRed  guy, always have been skeptical or having a character name like that @bigbird  guy!!!!!

?

Not trolls on heee much but other places on the web... they take strategic jabs at AU now more then anything.  

This week the jabs are that Kodi is overrated as a coach and can’t develop players... that just goes right along with the plan to try to flip Pickens this coming weekend.  

And all you have to do is take him and point to any AU board and say see even their own fans see the coaches are bad.

9 hours ago, AUJedi said:

Speaking as an expert on the subject of trolls I'll share my name.........Some call me "The Butcher of Blavakin"........Geralt will do...

I have exerienced numerous types of bama trolls in my travels and have found they all have one t hing in common......DUMB as a box of rocks.....

I typically challenge them to guessing games......If that doesnt work use AXI.......and watch them turn on one another?

Our team's performance is what feeds the trolls. 

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Speaking as an expert on the subject of trolls I'll share my name.........Some call me "The Butcher of Blavakin"........Geralt will do...

I have exerienced numerous types of bama trolls in my travels and have found they all have one t hing in common......DUMB as a box of rocks.....

I typically challenge them to guessing games......If that doesnt work use AXI.......and watch them turn on one another?

Asking them to recite the lyrics to their fight song is another good one. 

I question the validity of any poster on this board with an exceptionally low post count, and who only shows their face on the board after a day like last Saturday.  I'm super suspicious of people that only post with one solitary agenda, those that to pile on the negativity after a loss, those that choose to only post about uat's cheating, those that continuously crap on the AU coaches & program and provide zero substance to back up their claims.

Honestly, if you're a true AU fan, then you'd have had your ass in here all summer long getting through the dog days of summer with the rest of us.  You'd be involved in the other AU sports forums.  You'd have more input and participation in conversations during the off-season because this is the best AU board available and it's FREE!  

3 minutes ago, keesler said:

I question the validity of any poster on this board with an exceptionally low post count, and who only shows their face on the board after a day like last Saturday.  I'm super suspicious of people that only post with one solitary agenda, those that to pile on the negativity after a loss, those that choose to only post about uat's cheating, those that continuously crap on the AU coaches & program and provide zero substance to back up their claims.

Honestly, if you're a true AU fan, then you'd have had your ass in here all summer long getting through the dog days of summer with the rest of us.  You'd be involved in the other AU sports forums.  You'd have more input and participation in conversations during the off-season because this is the best AU board available and it's FREE!  

Yep! A lot of newbies hang around once we lose and the forum gets a lot of movement. When we are winning it is rather slow. However, I do think they are Auburn people. As @McLoofus pointed out, majority of Bama fans do not care what Auburn is doing. I find that Au fans tend to be obsessed with anything and everything NS and Bama, tbh.

28 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not trolls on heee much but other places on the web... they take strategic jabs at AU now more then anything.  

This week the jabs are that Kodi is overrated as a coach and can’t develop players... that just goes right along with the plan to try to flip Pickens this coming weekend.  

And all you have to do is take him and point to any AU board and say see even their own fans see the coaches are bad.

Well they aren't wrong. Kodi can recruit with the best of them, but as far as coaching goes, he is absolutely no better than CDC. 

And when a former #1 overall recruit leaves because of how he is being utilized in our offense, who happens to also play WR, you BETTER BELIEVE Pickens is watching. 

Early on I was accused by someone as being a troll since I didn't agree with them on something. They said that BG5 meant Bama Grad instead of my initials and the number of people in my family. I think  GP sticks with us by the way. I talked to him a little the other night. He is a pretty good kid off the field. Just plays with an attitude on the field and that's ok as long as it doesn't go to far.

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yep! A lot of newbies hang around once we lose and the forum gets a lot of movement. When we are winning it is rather slow. However, I do think they are Auburn people. As @McLoofus pointed out, majority of Bama fans do not care what Auburn is doing. I find that Au fans tend to be obsessed with anything and everything NS and Bama, tbh.

Oh, I'm not necessarily saying they are all Bama trolls.  They could just as easily be UGA/LSU trolls or even a few Arkansas fans that feel spurned and pissed because the Hogs are at the rock bottom of the pig sty right now.

My point was that there are a suspicious number of newbies that only grace the presence of this board after a game like Saturday.  And then there are some regulars on here that post with an almost narcissistic personality and tunnel vision for an unmitigated hatred of all things uat/saban/uga/smart. 

IMHO, This is the best true Auburn board available.  We all have our opinions and share them freely, and while there are often differing opinions, for the most part this place remains civil.  A good solid discussion can be achieved on this board, and in today's world that's a rarity.  

If you want to get  a rise out of a Bama fan; ask them how Crimson Tide came to be.  The following link come from Red-elephant, sorry but it is from the horses mouth.

http://www.redelephants.com/redstory.html

So, the origin of the Crimson Tide celebrates a moral victory in the 1907 Iron Bowl that ended in a tie.

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well they aren't wrong. Kodi can recruit with the best of them, but as far as coaching goes, he is absolutely no better than CDC. 

And when a former #1 overall recruit leaves because of how he is being utilized in our offense, who happens to also play WR, you BETTER BELIEVE Pickens is watching. 

+1

Kodi's been learning on the job and done well so far, he's nothing exceptional....but how exceptional can a WR coach be in an offense that implements a very limited passing game?

Honestly, all recruits and more importantly their parent's should have their eyes open.  They need to do even more research and acquaint themselves with the nuts 'n bolts of how the offenses/defenses operate, look at the history of the HC, look at how he funnels his players to the NFL, etc. before they jump on that scholarship. 

I also think there will be a rash of announced transfers from upperclassmen at lot of other programs in the coming weeks, which will lessen the negativity in the air right now.  Hopefully AU won't be the lone kid on the block with players choosing to go elsewhere.  

1 minute ago, keesler said:

+1

Kodi's been learning on the job and done well so far, he's nothing exceptional....but how exceptional can a WR coach be in an offense that implements a very limited passing game?

Honestly, all recruits and more importantly their parent's should have their eyes open.  They need to do even more research and acquaint themselves with the nuts 'n bolts of how the offenses/defenses operate, look at the history of the HC, look at how he funnels his players to the NFL, etc. before they jump on that scholarship. 

I also think there will be a rash of announced transfers from upperclassmen at lot of other programs in the coming weeks, which will lessen the negativity in the air right now.  Hopefully AU won't be the lone kid on the block with players choosing to go elsewhere.  

Jamal Couch from Mississippi State has announced transfer, so it's not just us. 

33 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

ORRRR...Pickens could be watching Seth Williams take over NCM’s spot as a true freshman

4 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

ORRRR...Pickens could be watching Seth Williams take over NCM’s spot as a true freshman

We both know that isn't how it will be seen, but sure... Hey, as long as the orange and blue shaders are on, why not just say Jalen Hurts is all that's needed for Gus to have a dynamic offense again?

Archived