Post game Arkansas thread

tbone1430

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

It feels like we’ve had much the same discussions on here after games where the offense inexplicably struggled for years now...but lets keep pumping sunshine about our offensive genius coach...

Just glad that 2/3 of the game were clicking.  ST and D picked up the slacking off of the Offense.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Watching CCL throw his hands up in the booth have me concerned.  What was he frustrated with?  Stidham?  Gus? Execution?

Maybe all the above. 

1 minute ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Watching CCL throw his hands up in the booth have me concerned.  What was he frustrated with?  Stidham?  Gus? Execution? 

All of the above.

Think this thread should just merge with the Post game GIF thread...

Otherwise, sorta pointless.  Kinda like the offense tonight.

Just now, Tigercj said:

Maybe all the above. 

I hope not Gus....it's Chip's offense and it is  his QB when the game starts and JMO but lots of fans are giving him a pass by blaming problems on Gus.    

Just like everyone else ... this has to be the worst I've ever felt after a 31 point conference win. Arkansas is NOT a good team. They lost to North Texas and Colorado State. North Texas almost had 400 yards of offense. Colorado State had 429 yards of total offense. Our Defense and Special Teams gave our offense GREAT field position 3 times! On the 4, the 9, and the 20 yard line. We managed 6 points on those drives.

Stidham has regressed unfortunately. Last year he was one of the more accurate down the field passers and this year I can recall him hitting 1 deep pass to Schwartz in week 2. He missed 2 throws this week (that I saw), he missed several last week against LSU, and he missed a couple against Washington. It's not just the offensive line that is the problem because even when they give Stidham time to throw, he bails out of the pocket way too quickly and gets "happy feet". I hope that him getting pissed off during the game will lead to him working his tail off this week with the receivers and getting back to the way he was last year. 

This offense should not be a run first offense. We need to spread the field, complete the mid range throws and open it up for the run. 

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

atching CCL throw his hands up in the booth have me concerned.  What was he frustrated with?  Stidham?  Gus? Execution?

Probably because every play he called looked stupid. Hell we might not have 500 yard rb 

4 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Probably Stidham not pulling the trigger. That’s a weakness of his and needs to get to work on it but I’d rather him be that way than the polar opposite. 

Just now, AU64 said:

I hope not Gus....it's Chip's offense and it is  his QB when the game starts and JMO but lots of fans are giving him a pass by blaming problems on Gus.    

Oh no this offensive dumpster is on all the coaches not just Gus. There is not one thing on that side of the ball that is working well.

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Oh no this offensive dumpster is on all the coaches not just Gus. There is not one thing on that side of the ball that is working well.

well that too....but it's execution and fundamentals.....not just what plays happen to be called at any given moment.  

1 minute ago, Tiger Scout said:

Cannell needs to be taken off field as receiver. He is never open. 

Wide open across the middle of the field multiple times tonight when JS had already made the decision to pull it down and run or take a sack.

2 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Wide open across the middle of the field multiple times tonight when JS had already made the decision to pull it down and run or take a sack.

Ya the WRs are never open if you don’t look at em. 

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Chip will be gone next year

He wishes he had the red shirt rule

Bring on Hugh Freeze....What could go wrong?

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

Just now, AU64 said:

well that too....but it's execution and fundamentals.....not just what plays happen to be called at any given moment.  

Agree it's a all the above. The players are not executing but the fundamentals are not there and that I attribute to the coaches. Just don't see these players progressing while they are here. 

13 minutes ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Regardless of Gus' influence; Chip Lindsey is a joke.

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

it is still Gus' offense and he controls how the offense practices and practically dictates game planning

Just now, oracle79 said:

Regardless of Gus' influence; Chip Lindsey is a joke.

Or...

BECAUSE of Gus' influence.

Maybe? Maybe?

5 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Those are the coaches he hired and his recruits. I think he's at least 85% responsible for what happens on the football field. 

Archived