tbone1430

Post game Arkansas thread

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

His name is Gustav Arthur Malzahn.

Omg. Winner winner ? ? chicken dinner.

Hilarious

Edited by Randman5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Just now, DAG said:

Yep. Recruiting is key to being an elite coach. Can’t take that skill away from coaching abilities . Also being able to find the right player, coaches to fill your needs is also an essential skill with coaching. People love to separate those concepts. Kills me when people say this person is only good because he recruits well. Well, yes, that is one piece   of being a good to great coach.

And they have another great class this year and those guys are right out of the state of Alabama. We want to be great? We have to win those battles or go out of state and win them. At least split them in half. Then the guys we did get we're not even playing....if we're this bad why on EARTH would trox not be playing? So we can be in this predicament again year after year opposed to bringing an experienced guy back next year

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cole256 said:

And they have another great class this year and those guys are right out of the state of Alabama. We want to be great? We have to win those battles or go out of state and win them. At least split them in half. Then the guys we did get we're not even playing....if we're this bad why on EARTH would trox not be playing? So we can be in this predicament again year after year opposed to bringing an experienced guy back next year

Exactly . I am going to put my like for this post on layaway . I’m all out for the night haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randman5000 said:

I don't think we've ever been this upset over a 34-3 blowout. 

Doesn’t help that this team was previously blown out by north Texas...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DAG said:

Doesn’t help that this team was previously blown out by north Texas...

Or that they made them look ridiculous on the play of the year fake fair catch...

On about positive note our special teams took advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WFE12 said:

Somebody put a hex on Stidham. Plain and Simple.

You're more right than you know. He got engaged in the off-season, so yes, he's distracted by looking forward to going deep and NOT avoiding the sack. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

I don't think we've ever been this upset over a 34-3 blowout. 

Which makes it so frustrating because we are good enough with our talent to expect to win like the other two SEC powers that are our rivals but it comes down to the development of players and play calling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Boobee should be the starter and he is our best chance at a 1,000 yard back.

Brahms was better than Kim but Harrell was terrible. Ashley couldn’t be any worse at guard. Completely incomprehensible why we didn’t ever have Cox helping with pass protection.

Defense looked better but the offense has to sustain drives to keep them rested. There was one drive that looked like we finally figured out where our playbook was. We need a speed guy on the edge, can’t all be run stoppers.

We can’t throw all of our passes at the line of scrimmage and missing on deep bombs that are open is the same as leaving points on the field.

Edited by Zeek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Ryan Davis to the Patriots is a match made in heaven. He could be brutile in the slot with a real route tree. Electric on punt returns.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Boobee should be the starter and he is our best chance at a 1,000 yard back.

Couldn’t agree more. He looks the part. He runs hard and looks confident. And ideally, our best chance, imo, of a Caddy/Brown combo would be Whitlow/Shivers.

1. Whitlow

2a. KMart

2b. Shivers

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Also, Ryan Davis to the Patriots is a match made in heaven. He could be brutile in the slot with a real route tree. Electric on punt returns.

 

David. Stills. 

And Ryan Davis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poor offensive execution, vanilla game plan and still couldn’t execute.  The only thing consistent on offense is the inconsistency.

Stidham has to keep some of the zone reads.  Needs 8 or so carries a game or just don’t run the zone read because the end is crashing down unblocked.  

Technique seems to be improving some on the OL but now need to start winning some of the battles in the trenches and need to start getting some consistent push on run plays.  

Defensr played solid.  Arkansas just isn’t very good right now either.

special teams were lights out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This must be what it’s like to be a Bama fan. I remember when they used to cry all the time about Gene Stallings and his sickening 10-7 wins. But they showed him when they hired Dubose! 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Gonna need prayer, aspirin, and therapy for amen corner....

Not looking good but a long way off.  If you didn’t watch the UGA/Mizz game it was similar to ours.  UGA didn’t look very good either.  Turnovers and special teams helped them as well.

Still a long way to go before Amen corner before we worry about that.  I’m worried about next week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

Gus says he won’t say the problems were all on the offensive line..... I’ll say it though...

OL is just one of the problems on offense.  I don’t thing we can say anyone on the offense is playing good.  Boobee maybe?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, corchjay said:

OL is just one of the problems on offense.  I don’t thing we can say anyone on the offense is playing good.  Boobee maybe?  

The freshman this year are a pleasant surprise. Excited for the young guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Randman5000 said:

The freshman this year are a pleasant surprise. Excited for the young guys

Agreed but still will make freshman mistakes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Not looking good but a long way off.  If you didn’t watch the UGA/Mizz game it was similar to ours.  UGA didn’t look very good either.  Turnovers and special teams helped them as well.

Still a long way to go before Amen corner before we worry about that.  I’m worried about next week

The same may apply for next week. And I definitely did not watch that game or any other game for the most part...I tried to trick myself into thinking that I'm just a pure CFB fan but if my team is not performing to the best of their ability I really don't care for CFB season that much.

Edited by WFE12
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting real cringeworthy seeing Jarrett do designed runs and runs off read options. We have to do it in this offense but it's not good. When was the last time Slayton caught a deep pass? Either he's getting violated by a db or Jarret over throws him. Why?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Getting real cringeworthy seeing Jarrett do designed runs and runs off read options. We have to do it in this offense but it's not good. When was the last time Slayton caught a deep pass? Either he's getting violated by a db or Jarret over throws him. Why?????? 

Because it is the Auburn way. WE can never have a complete team (sans 04). We spring a leak somewhere in the battle armour. Defense needs fixing? cool. We fix that. What was that? OL cannot block frickin Arkansas? well that is a huge red flag. OL crutin catching up to us. Thanks HERB! You were SUPPOSED to be the recruiter. Now we have JB who certainly is not known for that trying to clean up his mess.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, oracle79 said:

I hope you are right, but I see losses to A&M, MissState, Georgia, Bama, and probably a bowl game and maybe an upset somewhere too so at least 4 losses and maybe 6.  But, par for Gus.

 

A&M is still just too centralized around Monde throwing the ball right now. Jimbo is trying to modernize his game but when his QB isnt able to throw well in a game, it gets the whole offense behind the 8 ball and Bama just took the run away from him. We have the tools to do the same thing, I just dont know if we can get the monkey off our back that is them in JHS. I felt ALOT more confident about that when I thought we had a decent OLine and they had an undertalented front 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now