Post game Arkansas thread

tbone1430

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Boobee should be the starter and he is our best chance at a 1,000 yard back.

Brahms was better than Kim but Harrell was terrible. Ashley couldn’t be any worse at guard. Completely incomprehensible why we didn’t ever have Cox helping with pass protection.

Defense looked better but the offense has to sustain drives to keep them rested. There was one drive that looked like we finally figured out where our playbook was. We need a speed guy on the edge, can’t all be run stoppers.

We can’t throw all of our passes at the line of scrimmage and missing on deep bombs that are open is the same as leaving points on the field.

I saw Cox help a couple times but usually he has to cover the inside almost immediately which typically leads to our favorite edge blitzes and Stidham having to run 1.5s after the ball's snapped. I agree though, I was hoping they'd make wholesale changes to the interior because although Kim was the worst, he wasn't the only issue thus far. 

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, corchjay said:

I don’t thing we can say anyone on the offense is playing good.

Whitlow, Davis, Seth, Schwartz, Cox, Slayton. It's just hard to tell when they hardly get the ball in their hands. 

24 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Whitlow, Davis, Seth, Schwartz, Cox, Slayton. It's just hard to tell when they hardly get the ball in their hands. 

Slayton is terribly underrated 

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

A&M is still just too centralized around Monde throwing the ball right now. Jimbo is trying to modernize his game but when his QB isnt able to throw well in a game, it gets the whole offense behind the 8 ball and Bama just took the run away from him. We have the tools to do the same thing, I just dont know if we can get the monkey off our back that is them in JHS. I felt ALOT more confident about that when I thought we had a decent OLine and they had an undertalented front 

Mond will run all over us if we don’t learn how to bring down the QB. Storey is a good kid. I watched him play at Charleston high school, but he is nowhere near as athletic as Mond and he was getting away from pressure.

The team had a stretch where they went 4 wide and JS looked reasonably comfortable. That is what we need to do  IMO. The routes need to be a little more creative. We can’t have all stops, but when we did that on that stretch of a drive, it lead to Slayton being wide open for a deep pass.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The team had a stretch where they went 4 wide and JS looked reasonably comfortable. That is what we need to do  IMO. The routes need to be a little more creative. We can’t have all stops, but when we did that on that stretch of a drive, it lead to Slayton being wide open for a deep pass.

Yup if you have 4 wide there can be, at max 7 in the box which would leave receivers 1-on-1. It’s perfect for our current roster.

11 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Good news!

i bet he's back next year!

Betting Gus never had a third year starter at QB

He maybe back in college for sure cause at this point I see no way a pro team picks him up except as a practice squad player. Problem is we most likely will have a new OC and I doubt he can beat out the other guys for the job. Probably will be a graduate transfer player.

Again our problems started years ago when we failed to recruit consistent SEC caliber depth on the oline. It’s out of site out of mind until it glares it’s head and the “bus” quits rolling. We have Ark St depth.

Anyone have vid of the almost pick 6? I had to step away from the game at that time.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Never dreamed I could ever feel this disappointed after an SEC win. :no:

Yep, ranked in the top ten,  won the game , beat the 28 point spread.....and everyone is sad.    How the times have changed. :)

40 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Anyone have vid of the almost pick 6? I had to step away from the game at that time.

No, but it was a thing of beauty. He was robbed of a great individual effort by a bogus call.

Anyone think more changes are coming to offensive line? I’ve seen people complaining about Harrell but I thought he may have been banged up but not sure. I’d like to see Trox and Ashley get a shot. 

16 hours ago, DAG said:

Exactly . I am going to put my like for this post on layaway . I’m all out for the night haha.

We've already had this talk bro.....you know I need my likes. I mean we all know how much everybody loves me here but I need a way to quantify it!

It's goes something like stat, then bird, then me, then golf(after a few beers)......somewhere on down the line you and loof reside.....but anyway I need my likes bro

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

We've already had this talk bro.....you know I need my likes. I mean we all know how much everybody loves me here but I need a way to quantify it!

It's goes something like stat, then bird, then me, then golf(after a few beers)......somewhere on down the line you and loof reside.....but anyway I need my likes bro

After the nice things you said to me earlier, I'm hurt you left me out ?.

I'll give you a Like anyway.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

we need Cam doing this to the Auburn offense bro haha 

19 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Somebody put a hex on Stidham. Plain and Simple.

He got engaged!  His mind is elsewhere... He should have waited until after he graduated or went to the NFL....

4 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Your quick wit is why I find myself short of likes?

Hah! Much appreciated, my friend. If I didn't at least try to balance out my jerk posts with humor, I probably would've been shown the door long ago...

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba8e6955168504a45

5 wide lance is needed. Honestly my head would explode if Gus just went 5 wide one drive this week. I just honestly would like to see it one time.

Just now, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba8e6955168504a45

5 wide lance is needed. Honestly my head would explode if Gus just went 5 wide one drive this week. I just honestly would like to see it one time.

When I first fell in love with Paul Walker! ???

1 minute ago, AidiAU said:

When I first fell in love with Paul Walker! ???

Oh goodness lol. This is about football lady!

Archived