Post game Arkansas thread

tbone1430

13 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

This team has real issues. They have relied this year on JS to carry the team while everything came together on offense. JS isn’t going to be able to carry the team. We are hoping a freshman RB can be the savior. And he is running behind a subpar offensive line. Even if he was the answer Gus would ride him till he was beat to $h!t and have no back up plan. Jeez what to do. I hope they can find some answers.

Yep. We have no identity. We can’t pass and we can’t run. We can’t block and the quarterback is skittish. We are in a bad situation.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, aubcali said:

Could be worse — we could be Oregon...

Or Tam, or Nebraska, or Vols, or FSU, or TCU, or Miss St, or Va Tech tonight!

Just now, AUwent said:

So, how hot will Gus's seat be this offseason?

Unfortunately, he probably has at least 2 more,  and most likely 3 more years here before the buyout is feasible unless you have a 2008 or 2012 year.  So, buckle up.

46 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Somebody put a hex on Stidham. Plain and Simple.

His name is Gustav Arthur Malzahn.

Just now, oracle79 said:

Unfortunately, he probably has at least 2 more,  and most likely 3 more years here before the buyout is feasible unless you have a 2008 or 2012 year.  So, buckle up.

He probably bought himself another year on top of that with the 2M he gave Auburn U.

Just now, Hopsing said:

Or Tam, or Nebraska, or Vols, or FSU, or TCU, or Miss St, or Va Tech tonight!

You obviously didn’t watch the end of the Oregon game...  

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Who exactly is responsible for the buyout if JJ didn't do it? Greene sure isn't. As someone said earlier, we're sloooooowly phasing out the good ol' boy system. And in the long run, that will pay dividends.

Actually, I think he CAN earn himself a couple more years after this if he goes out and makes a splash O-line hire.

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I hope not Gus....it's Chip's offense and it is  his QB when the game starts and JMO but lots of fans are giving him a pass by blaming problems on Gus.    

Would you quit it? Just stop. STOP.

Just now, AUwent said:

I think if we don't improve this year, 2019 will be do-or-die time. Maybe I'm an optimist. Who exactly is responsible for the buyout if JJ didn't do it? Greene sure isn't. As someone said earlier, we're sloooooowly phasing out the good ol' boy system. And in the long run, that will pay dividends.

Leath, personally, negotiated Malzahns extension and raise.

2 minutes ago, Auburn Kev said:

Leath, personally, negotiated Malzahns extension and raise.

Thanks for potentially screwing us for the next five years, dumb@$$. Iowa State's revenge.

Where do I start. It is so hard to execute on offense when the oline is the weakest link. The qb tends to have a quick timer in his head thus not being able to go through his progressions to find the open receiver. The rb will not be able to find creases to run through. Then the o-coordinator tries to over compensate. That equals a stagnant offense. And that leads to frustrated players and fans. Just my .02! 

When the oline gets right we play like we did last 7 games last year. War Eagle and as always IGTBAAT!

This is my thing..okay so we know the o-line needs work. However, we have who we have. So now the coaching staff has to find ways to be successful with them. These are the guys they ultimately recruited and got to sign on the dotted line. If we want o-linemen who make a difference then we better be doing everything possible short of signing blank checks to get them. Inconsistent performances probably isn’t going to sway the great ones our way, especially when we have to battle with the likes of UGA and Bama for them. So something has to give. 

5 minutes ago, AUwent said:

Iowa State's revenge.

Yeah, that could be the 5-19 Karma for 2010 CAM BCS title.  I'll take it for another 2 years.  Then clean house and get some competent leadership here.

soooooooooooo I guess this shows it could be worse....... lol. Also shows Vonte Davis is really inspiring these players to retire at halftime after he did it last week.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

This is my thing..okay so we know the o-line needs work. However, we have who we have. So now the coaching staff has to find ways to be successful with them. These are the guys they ultimately recruited and got to sign on the dotted line. If we want o-linemen who make a difference then we better be doing everything possible short of signing blank checks to get them. Inconsistent performances probably isn’t going to sway the great ones are way, especially when we have to battle with the likes of UGA and Bama for them. So something has to give. 

If it's one thing bammer do is they make sure they keep the o and d line stocked. And they have done that mostly using this region

Asa is all of us right now lol

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

soooooooooooo I guess this shows it could be worse....... lol. Also shows Vonte Davis is really inspiring these players to retire at halftime after he did it last week.

Paging Wanya.

Someone needs to go and now. Our offense is alarmingly bad for paying a offensive-minded coach $49 million.

JB Grimes or Chip need to be out the door. We struggled to break 50 yards rushing and we allowed pressure up the A-gap all game.

Our offensive staff should be in utter panic mode. If it weren’t for Arkansas penalties and special teams this game would have been a lot closer.

Stidham and the receivers need to be at practice tomorrow morning doing nothing but practicing their timing on deep routes. We win the LSU game if he doesn’t overthrow two different passes.

Tired of seeing should be touchdowns overthrown.

Shiv only getting carries in trash time on predictable run plays is frustrating. Let Malik run that last drive and don’t settle for a field goal. We need style points.

Insane that we only threw maybe 3 passes that weren’t screens. We have way too much talent on offense to be so inept.

It’s concerning we have no pass rush without blitzing. I think it's time to accept that, without drastic improvement, this is not a championship caliber team.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

No idea if Pruitt is worth a crap or not.  But, when you take over a program, you got to get rid of the cancers ASAP.  May hurt in the short term, but he'll be much better off in the long term.

Just now, oracle79 said:

No idea if Pruitt is worth a crap or not.  But, when you take over a program, you got to get rid of the cancers ASAP.  May hurt in the short term, but he'll be much better off in the long term.

Idk if he will be able to recruit great at UT consistently BUT I will say he would recruit like a got dang monster here. Not kirby level at georgia but close. I hate the guy but he is a great recruiter.

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

If it's one thing bammer do is they make sure they keep the o and d line stocked. And they have done that mostly using this region

Yep. Recruiting is key to being an elite coach. Can’t take that skill away from coaching abilities . Also being able to find the right player, coaches to fill your needs is also an essential skill with coaching. People love to separate those concepts. Kills me when people say this person is only good because he recruits well. Well, yes, that is one piece   of being a good to great coach.

Archived