UT LB walks out at halftime

RunInRed

42 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Does Pruitt have the temperament and respect to really be a head coach? Seems we’ve heard rumblings of problems with every staff he’s ever been a part of. 

I think telling a player to leave at halftime is inexcusable.....so I'd say he definitely doesn't have the temperament. If that kid did something wrong....as a coach it should either be a teachable moment, or a ride the bench situation. Address deeper issues after the game. It was just a terrible way to handle a problem. TN will implode if Pruitt treats his team like that, and recruits will run the other way. 

i hope that player can transfer somewhere else with a better man as his coach.

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I think telling a player to leave at halftime is inexcusable.....so I'd say he definitely doesn't have the temperament. If that kid did something wrong....as a coach it should either be a teachable moment, or a ride the bench situation. Address deeper issues after the game. It was just a terrible way to handle a problem. TN will implode if Pruitt treats his team like that, and recruits will run the other way. 

i hope that player can transfer somewhere else with a better man as his coach.

Some reason I never get sound from twitter so no clue what Pruitt said but I saw this:

Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt has clarified that Sapp did not “quit” the team at halftime, but was asked to leave the field after he refused to go into the game.

https://thespun.com/college-football/quarte-sapp-tennessee-quit

If you aren't gonna go in the game then get the hell off the field entirely (unless of course it has to do with an injury or something).

5 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Some reason I never get sound from twitter so no clue what Pruitt said but I saw this:

https://thespun.com/college-football/quarte-sapp-tennessee-quit

If you aren't gonna go in the game then get the hell off the field entirely (unless of course it has to do with an injury or something).

The guy was probably just trying to preserve his red shirt options so he can transfer and make a lot of money.....who can blame him for that?   ?

8 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Does Pruitt have the temperament and respect to really be a head coach? Seems we’ve heard rumblings of problems with every staff he’s ever been a part of. 

I heard many couldn't stand him at UGA

Any fully capable player who refuses to take the field after his coach tells him to has lost his right to remain on the sideline and his status on the team should be evaluated the following day.

Interesting. I thought this was going to be a trend thing like nfl player that “retired” at half.

we don’t know all the facts but yeah id say JP did right, unless the player was hurt

6 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Interesting. I thought this was going to be a trend thing like nfl player that “retired” at half.

we don’t know all the facts but yeah id say JP did right, unless the player was hurt

Having a big public fight like that in the middle of the game will take the focus and energy for the rest of the team off what needs to be done. Handle your business later. Pruitt is a well known impulsive hot head. 

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Having a big public fight like that in the middle of the game will take the focus and energy for the rest of the team off what needs to be done. Handle your business later. Pruitt is a well known impulsive hot head. 

There was a big public fight?

30 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

There was a big public fight?

Big enough that people saw it and commented on it.  And Pruitt should have refused to talk about it in public when asked IMHO. 

If a player truly refused to go into the game (and on sports radio he was supposedly a team leader and did this, but who knows) , then I’m going to have to side with Pruitt on this ? (can’t stand Pruitt)

I think we have a win against the Vols coming no doubt. 

25 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

If a player truly refused to go into the game (and on sports radio he was supposedly a team leader and did this, but who knows) , then I’m going to have to side with Pruitt on this ? (can’t stand Pruitt)

I agree. I can’t stand him, but for any player to do that to a coach is unacceptable. He was absolutely right to chew his tail out, not only for the kid’s sake, but to show the team that insubordination will not be tolerated.

56 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

I think we have a win against the Vols coming no doubt. 

Doc I hope you are correct, but we all thought Arky was going to be a waltz?. I’m taking nothing for granted....not even Liberty?lol. Liberty beat old dominion!  

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Doc I hope you are correct, but we all thought Arky was going to be a waltz?. I’m taking nothing for granted....not even Liberty?lol. Liberty beat old dominion!  

With the offensive showing yesterday, I think we'd be foolish to take Southern Miss for granted this week.  I'm almost expecting one of those J'ville State or Mercer type games this week.

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

With the offensive showing yesterday, I think we'd be foolish to take Southern Miss for granted this week.  I'm almost expecting one of those J'ville State or Mercer type games this week.

I have a feeling that we will come out and play the kind of game we all have been wanting this season. Trying to be on a positive note. I know in the past we have sputtered in early games and have managed to pull it together. I hope next Sunday we will all be satisfied with a good win over USM.

Just now, doc4aday said:

I have a feeling that we will come out and play the kind of game we all have been wanting this season. Trying to be on a positive note. I know in the past we have sputtered in early games and have managed to pull it together. I hope next Sunday we will all be satisfied with a good win over USM.

I hope you're right Doc.

30 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

The line against southern miss is 30.5. That seems simply too high based on this week and they have a good offense. 

They did lose to ULM. So that's hopeful.

On 9/23/2018 at 12:33 PM, PigskinPat said:

Any fully capable player who refuses to take the field after his coach tells him to has lost his right to remain on the sideline and his status on the team should be evaluated the following day.

I agree - no player who refuses to take the field should be allowed to remain on the sideline with their teammates who are battling it out and representing their school.  Pruitt is a hothead, but he did the right thing to remove the player immediately.  It shows the "team" comes first, not the "individual", and he has +85 other players to manage.

43 minutes ago, keesler said:

I agree - no player who refuses to take the field should be allowed to remain on the sideline with their teammates who are battling it out and representing their school.  Pruitt is a hothead, but he did the right thing to remove the player immediately.  It shows the "team" comes first, not the "individual", and he has +85 other players to manage.

I heard this discussed on xm84 and it sounds like there are conflicting stories. This player says he never refused to go in the game. They referenced a tweet he put out that contradicted the original story but “not in a negative way”. Very strange story especially since no one seems to have a video of any altercation on the sidelines. These days there’s always a video. Lol

Then the player has not been removed from the team, just removed from the sideline due to miscommunication/altercation with the HC?  Pruitt would be wise to work this out with this guy, he needs solid/experienced players in the worst way.

How are y’all talking about 30.5 bring too high when we covered 29.5 last week? Is Arkansas appreciably worse than USM? 

30 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

How are y’all talking about 30.5 bring too high when we covered 29.5 last week? Is Arkansas appreciably worse than USM? 

Good question …..and another question in my mind....Chad Morris is supposed to be a top quality coach, thus  it is likely that ARky has improved as the season has progressed, and perhaps will progress further.     Likewise I'm thinking  MSU and USCe are over-rated...

JMO…. it's pretty early to rate most teams already, or judge their potential...especially one with a new coach or a bunch of new players.  Time well tell, but I'm guessing that arky will look more competitive as the season goes along and as Morris has a chance to work with his team. 

Archived