Pump The Brakes!

AUFriction

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

We had 500 yards against Mercer and 5 turnovers!!. You keep ignoring that fact .  It wasn’t the problem that we couldn’t score, we kept shooting ourselves in the foot with self inflicted wounds. We couldn’t move the ball against Arkansas. BIG DIFFERENCE. 

Brother we had 117 yards last year against Clemson. Compare that to the 420 we put on Washington, also an elite defense. We also put 320 on LSU, a defense chock full of NFL talent. We had 225 yesterday from a combo of poor offense and stellar field position from special teams.

Things are NOT worse offensively than they were at this time last year. They just plain aren't. We just have to improve as we go in the same way we traditionally do under Gus. This year is far from written off.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Brother we had 117 yards last year against Clemson. Compare that to the 420 we put on Washington, also an elite defense. We also put 320 on LSU, a defense chock full of NFL talent. We had 225 yesterday from a combo of poor offense and stellar field position from special teams.

Things are NOT worse offensively than they were at this time last year. They just plain aren't. We just have to improve as we go in the same way we traditionally do under Gus. This year is far from written off.

539 + 117 + 510 + 482 = 1648/4 = 412 (2017)

420 + 567 + 328 + 225 = 1540/4 = 385 (2018)

Those are yards.

41+51+24+6 = 122/4 = 30.5 (2017)

21+21+63+27 = 132/4 = 33.0 (2018)

but remember two of those touchdowns came from defense pick six and a kick return so take away 14 points

118/4 = 29.5 (2018)

So statistically what you are saying is not true. You are going to blatantly lie just to prove a point ? Lol. Now last year I gave them a pass. New QB, New OC, New “system.” This year: we have the same system, same QB, a bunch of WR talent, unknown RB talent and a green offensive line. 

I am not saying the season is over with. I am saying to overlook the woes of the offensive line, who have progressively gotten worse game by game is very short sighted. If you don’t agree with that, that’s fine , but don’t just nonchalantly say stuff and completely disregard the other argument. I strongly believe we will be 7-1 going into the the aggies game, but we can’t expect a repeat of last year if the offensive line remains this bad and the offense in general can’t find an indentity. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Those are yards.

but remember two of those touchdowns came from defense pick six and a kick return so take away 14 points

118/4 = 29.5 (2018)

So statistically what you are saying is not true. You are going to blatantly lie just to prove a point ? Lol. Now last year I have them a pass. New QB, New OC, New “system.” This year: we have the same system, same QB, a bunch of WR talent, unknown RB talent and a green offensive line. 

I am not saying the season is over with. I am saying to overlook the woes of the offensive line, who have progressively gotten worse game by game is very short sighted. If you don’t agree with that, that’s fine , but don’t just nonchalantly say stuff and completely disregard the other argument.

Usually when somebody goes super literal, they are on the wrong end of an argument. So let's dissect it. Three of those four games last year were against Georgia Southern, Mercer, and Mizzou. Those 3 defenses were downright terrible. Missouri had given up 43 points to Missouri State. 

So yes, we averaged a smidge more yards and points through 4 games last year because we had a much, much easier schedule. 

We are not worse off, at this point in the year, than last year at this time.

45 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Things are NOT worse offensively than they were at this time last year. They just plain aren't.

So yes, we averaged a smidge more yards and points through games last year because we had a much, much easier schedule.

contradiction much? 

Arkansas defense is God awful too. You might’ve been literally correct if the offense wasn’t regressing.

Now unfortunately for us the schedule will get much harder. The aggies are better than last year and so is Bama. UGA looks pretty darn good too.

21 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Usually when somebody goes super literal, they are on the wrong end of an argument. So let's dissect it. Three of those four games last year were against Georgia Southern, Mercer, and Mizzou. Those 3 defenses were downright terrible. Missouri had given up 43 points to Missouri State. 

So yes, we averaged a smidge more yards and points through 4 games last year because we had a much, much easier schedule. 

We are not worse off, at this point in the year, than last year at this time.

Oh and BTW: LSU gave up over 400 yards to Louisiana tech and 21 points as well at HOME.  In fact their defense gives up about 335 yards per game. Just saying . 

37 minutes ago, DAG said:

So yes, we averaged a smidge more yards and points through games last year because we had a much, much easier schedule.

contradiction much? 

Arkansas defense is God awful too. You might’ve been literally correct if the offense wasn’t regressing.

Now unfortunately for us the schedule will get much harder. The aggies are better than last year and so is Bama. UGA looks pretty darn good too.

You really think Arkansas has a worse defense than Mercer or GA Southern? Or even last year's Mizzou?

6 hours ago, AU-24 said:

I know this wasn’t the main topic of your thread, but I couldn’t agree more with the following:  Mississippi State game was the second worst officiated game I've ever seen (with the LSU game this year being the worst). 

Ha. I had the exact same comment on a different thread.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Oh and BTW: LSU gave up over 400 yards to Louisiana tech and 21 points as well at HOME.  In fact their defense gives up about 335 yards per game. Just saying . 

FYI... I’m an Auburn alumni and super fan, but I follow LSU and consider  myself sort of a fan. The LSU fans were  screaming for Orgeron’s head last year. Their consensus take on yesterday was “big win hangover.” Having won a huge game last week, LSU got sloppy this week against La Tech. I’d take their stats with a grain of salt.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Those are yards.

118/4 = 29.5 (2018)

So statistically what you are saying is not true. You are going to blatantly lie just to prove a point ? Lol. Now last year I gave them a pass. New QB, New OC, New “system.” This year: we have the same system, same QB, a bunch of WR talent, unknown RB talent and a green offensive line. 

I am not saying the season is over with. I am saying to overlook the woes of the offensive line, who have progressively gotten worse game by game is very short sighted. If you don’t agree with that, that’s fine , but don’t just nonchalantly say stuff and completely disregard the other argument. I strongly believe we will be 7-1 going into the the aggies game, but we can’t expect a repeat of last year if the offensive line remains this bad and the offense in general can’t find an indentity. 

Fails to account for level of talent in opposition. Washington and LSU this year are both substantially better three of the four teams early last year. Georgia Southern, Mercer, and Missouri had no defense last year. I’d say Washington and LSU were both comparable to Clemson last year. While Arkansas is struggling, they still are better on defense than Ga Southern and Mercer. I’d also argue last year’s Mizzou was worse. The only god awful defense we’ve faced is Alabama State. To me, it seems like our competition last year was weak enough compared to this year  to question the yards per game difference.

7 hours ago, AUFriction said:

FYI... I’m an Auburn alumni and super fan, but I follow LSU and consider  myself sort of a fan. The LSU fans were  screaming for Orgeron’s head last year. Their consensus take on yesterday was “big win hangover.” Having won a huge game last week, LSU got sloppy this week against La Tech. I’d take their stats with a grain of salt.

You can’t take something with a grain of salt when you talk in absolutes. If you are going to brag about putting up 320 yards about LSU, at least understand that they give up 335 yards a game. Whether it is a hangover or not is irrelevant. With me, you can’t just say whatever you want to say and not have data to back it up, I am going to call you out about it. 

7 hours ago, AUFriction said:

Fails to account for level of talent in opposition. Washington and LSU this year are both substantially better three of the four teams early last year. Georgia Southern, Mercer, and Missouri had no defense last year. I’d say Washington and LSU were both comparable to Clemson last year. While Arkansas is struggling, they still are better on defense than Ga Southern and Mercer. I’d also argue last year’s Mizzou was worse. The only god awful defense we’ve faced is Alabama State. To me, it seems like our competition last year was weak enough compared to this year  to question the yards per game difference.

I didn’t fail to account for anything. Again, the guy said in the first four games the offense absolutely was not worst this year than last year. That’s a false statement . Again if you are going to say things with me, you better have data. That’s why he is in his feelings, because he didn’t think I was going to take the actual time to pull it up and number crunch. 

Now if you want to argue that the schedule was easier than last year at this time, I will agree. But since we want to add semenatics, I would offer this: my concern has always been the regression of the offense. We went to putting up 425 on Washington, to 320 on LSU, to 222 on Arkansas . Now you can chalk it up to teammeetings or hangovers , whatever. The bottomline is something has gone amiss.

Not the same like last year. Last year the biggest issue was a philosophy struggle. In the first two games, CCL and Gus absolutely were trying to figure each other out. JS was super brand new. But they never had a problem putting up yards against inferior teams.

They continuously had problems putting the ball in the red zone which is annoying and seems to be a huge problem this year as well, only now, we can’t even impose our will on a team like Arkansas (E.G. Mizzou last year). Now if you want to overlook that fact that is fine, but don’t tell me I am failing to account for something, when you are clearly failing to account for the offensive regression. 

It’s like in your opening statement. You did a lot of “if this didn’t happen and that didn’t happen, but we got better at the end, etc, etc. Of course I asked you, why didn’t you talk about 2015 and you completely overlooked that statement? Lol. 

16 minutes ago, DAG said:

So newbies, with me, you can’t just say whatever you want to say and not have data to back it up, I am going to call you out about it. 

OH NO!!

giphy.gif

Stats or no stats its easy to see this will be another 4 loss team if drastic offensive improvements are not made.  Bama is a loss, UGA is 50/50 at best and I wouldn’t be shocked if A&M or Miss. St. gets us too. Plus we know Gus can’t win a bowl game outside of Birmingham so there is ample opportunity for him to meet his annual four loss quota.

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Stats or no stats its easy to see this will be another 4 loss team if drastic offensive improvements are not made.  Bama is a loss, UGA is 50/50 at best and I wouldn’t be shocked if A&M or Miss. St. gets us too. Plus we know Gus can’t win a bowl game outside of Birmingham so there is ample opportunity for him to meet his annual four loss quota.

I honestly was overlooking A&M but I am a little worried about Mond being able to move the sticks. The defense has been solid but I am noticing they seem to keep letting QBs slip away from their grasp time and time again. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is learning 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5ba8d7e13079466e36

Awesome movie.  Another dumb post. 

Another 3/10 for you.  

Let me guess, you’re going to message me (again) telling me to drink bleach, fragile feelings cowboy!

5 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Awesome movie.  Another dumb post. 

Another 3/10 for you.  

Let me guess, you’re going to message me (again) telling me to drink bleach, fragile feelings cowboy!

Jeff in the past I’ve messaged you and you’ve messaged me via PM, both verbally aggressive and I was immature . I can’t speak for you . However, that is the past. That is why it went to PMs. That was the point of the Gif. Let it go lol let it go. I am not going to derail these threads going back and forth with you haha. If you feel a type a way, let’s take it to the PMs and let it stay in the PMs. That’s the point of it. 

9 minutes ago, DAG said:

I honestly was overlooking A&M but I am a little worried about Mond being able to move the sticks. The defense has been solid but I am noticing they seem to keep letting QBs slip away from their grasp time and time again. 

Yeah I’m not taking any game for granted while the O struggles and our D has had a penchant for giving up the big play.  We’ve also seen in the past our D can get frustrated with the lack of offensive production.  And I know State just got whacked by UK but 1)UK is pretty good and 2) if we play like we did Saturday offensively in Stark Vegas it could be a loooong day. 

Jeff and Dag....two of my favorite guys sniping at each other....c'mon fellows........can't we all get along..:dunno:    

I'm willing to try and mediate a settlement over a beer somewhere.....and see if we can have a big hug and put this behind us...

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I’m not taking any game for granted while the O struggles and our D has had a penchant for giving up the big play.  We’ve also seen in the past our D can get frustrated with the lack of offensive production.  And I know State just got whacked by UK but 1)UK is pretty good and 2) if we play like we did Saturday offensively in Stark Vegas it could be a loooong day. 

With all this said, if they tweak the offense just a little bit, we can be dang good. I am still advocating that we go four wide and throw the ball hahaha. We might have to go texas football this year lol

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Jeff and Dag....two of my favorite guys sniping at each other....c'mon fellows........can't we all get along..:dunno:    

I'm willing to try and mediate a settlement over a beer somewhere.....and see if we can have a big hug and put this behind us...

I am over it lol. Take it to the PMs 

Just now, DAG said:

With all this said, if they tweak the offense just a little bit, we can be dang good. I am still advocating that we go four wide and throw the ball hahaha. We might have to go texas football this year lol

I agree but I really don’t see Gus making any major adjustments so color me skeptical. I think we end up 8-4 and thats a major disappointment.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Nothing has happened much this year that tells me anything about any our opponents except bama and UGa.    The others have suspect performances or if you try to do the "common opponents" game you will come away knowing nothing.      Often it is how teams match up against each other.....or perhaps someone having a really bad day. 

So...gotta take 'em one at a time and not get to amped up about what some of them did in other games.

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Kumbaya my lord....kumbaya 

Archived