Post-Arkansas -- Coordinators Speak

RunInRed

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He should be . Better then Gus saying "no doubt"  and saying offense did a great job not turning over ball cause he did not want to talk about the real issues.

I was at game, so long ways a way but had to call a timeout on defense one time I think because we had to many on the field. You could see Gus yelling at someone , my guess defensive coaches on the side line. He has no room to do that with the delay of games and timeouts offense have caused and the disorganization with offense with his offensive background.

May be completely wrong about that particular situation but from a far that's what I saw. 

39 minutes ago, bmartin3228 said:

You could see Gus yelling at someone , my guess defensive coaches on the side line. He has no room to do that with the delay of games and timeouts offense have caused and the disorganization with offense with his offensive background.

Seems like I saw him go off on Big Kat for jumping off sides late in the game.  It looked a little more than necessary.  I don't mind him getting in a few ear holes, but he definitely needs to clean up his side of the ball before going off the rails on anything on the D. 

7 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

Seems like I saw him go off on Big Kat for jumping off sides late in the game.  It looked a little more than necessary.  I don't mind him getting in a few ear holes, but he definitely needs to clean up his side of the ball before going off the rails on anything on the D. 

Thanks , for clarification. I know we burned a time-out before flag when it happened so no flag was actually thrown .

I was on visitor upper so was a long ways out . 

He was bitching at big cat for giving them a first down...and he was right to do it. 

Not sure who pissed in Steele’s cornflakes. I think it is interesting that CL said that coaches were “real” with the players at practice today. What the hell does that mean?

3 minutes ago, Jones Field said:

He was bitching at big cat for giving them a first down...and he was right to do it. 

Not sure who pissed in Steele’s cornflakes. I think it is interesting that CL said that coaches were “real” with the players at practice today. What the hell does that mean?

Hopefully that they need to get their crap together and in a hurry.  Coaches know the way we're playing won't be nearly enough in November.

I think Steele is just pissed at the offense.

Sorta like Gus was pissed at Ellis Johnson....and fired him.

Hopefully Steele doesn't fire himself...

6 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Hopefully that they need to get their crap together and in a hurry.  Coaches know the way we're playing won't be nearly enough in November.

could it be that someone is going to get the boot at the end of the year? there was of course that infamous quote after LSU last year that "someone will get fired over this". Well fortunately we actually beat UGA and BAMA so they did not proceed with the firing. well not massive house clean that could have been. And on top of that it earned Gus a giant contract extension (the problem I personally have). Seriously though we couldn't have done a 3-4 year thing or something @ 7 mil/year.

Anyway i think its easy to say now that we will not beat UGA and BAMA this year so...??? what gives this go round?!?

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

He's the HC. Both sides of the ball belong to him.

7 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

He's the HC. Both sides of the ball belong to him.

Steele has the D operating right where it needs to be. Malzahn's O is a train wreck.  Perhaps his attention should be directed appropriately. 

Just now, johnnyAU said:

Steele has the D operating right where it needs to be. Malzahn's O is a train wreck.  Perhaps his attention should be directed appropriately. 

Agreed. I'm defending the HC position...not Gus.

I like what I heard from CCL. It sounds like he thinks small errors and inconsistency have been our problems. It seems like he also thinks we are close to turning a corner. I can't tell if he is being honest or if it is just coaches speak though. 

10 hours ago, Plaric said:

Steele looks and sounds pissed

good, no one should be happy with this victory other than it is a win that's all.

Wonder why practices which are always great, never carry over to the game?

Maybe because the opponent doesn't do what we do in practice.

It seems Auburn preparation, attention to details, is very poor.

9 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

I agree with the butt chewing for that . I think this is another instance. I’ll try and find it . 

The only problem I had with it, is that was the only time Ive seen Gus really light into someone. Perhaps he should be more balanced and get in the ear hole of some of these O-linemen who are allowing penetration and disruption every other play. 

9 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Sorta like Gus was pissed at Ellis Johnson....and fired him.

Hopefully Steele doesn't fire himself...

A sportswriter addressed it and believes KS was angry at the press over some of their recent reporting. 

14 hours ago, bmartin3228 said:

You could see Gus yelling at someone , my guess defensive coaches on the side line. He has no room to do that

13 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

he definitely needs to clean up his side of the ball before going off the rails on anything on the D. 

12 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Exactly what I was thinking as I watched it in real time. That is when you decide to do your sorry saban impersonation? When a defensive player that has been lapping most of the guys on offense in terms of performance makes a run of the mill mistake like that? A guy on the same defense that has been carrying your sorry ass offense? Crap like that is why Gus's mistakes get magnified. 

12 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

I was wondering, but...

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

A sportswriter addressed it and believes KS was angry at the press over some of their recent reporting. 

...I would prefer that this be the case. Curious what that reporting was, though, especially now that Creepy has left town. 

12 hours ago, Jones Field said:

The O has been average, but the D has given up some crucial plays as well.

Both units should be pissed. 

Actually the O has been well below average and the D has been average, but i agree with you that both units should be pissed. We had a double digit lead in the 3rd quarter last week and lost on some very bad defensive plays. Of course the O should have helped more but our strength this year was to be our defense. We should have won. LSU is not a good team (and neither are we). 

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

The rumor on other sites that his defense was called out in the media for blowing the LSU game last week and he was not happy. 

33 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

The rumor on other sites that his defense was called out in the media for blowing the LSU game last week and he was not happy. 

Because the offense (and I guess, officiating) was the REAL problem.....again.  Just like last year's LSU game. How anybody could lay the blame at the feet of the Defense and Special Teams when the Offense totally disappeared just shows they don't understand the meaning of TEAM effort.

So many sports writers are just like regular fans who don't understand the actual nuances of the game.  They just see a "result" and don't dissect all the factors that go into it. 

If I were the DC and the other side kept hanging my guys out to dry in games like that, I'd be mad too for taking the blame.

Archived