First and goal from the 3 yard line

gr82b4au

Just like the 4th and 1 play... we hand it to JW up the gut for a loss on the play. This is not working... it did not work last week against LSU. It will not work next week or the week after unless the OL changes something. So...Maybe try a fake toss and either have Stid run it in or pass to a receiver? Or line up under center a few times and get a few yards each time? Or use the wildcat? or a jet sweep? Something...

What would you call? 

27 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Just like the 4th and 1 play... we hand it to JW up the gut for a loss on the play. This is not working... it did not work last week against LSU. It will not work next week or the week after unless the OL changes something. So...Maybe try a fake toss and either have Stid run it in or pass to a receiver? Or line up under center a few times and get a few yards each time? Or use the wildcat? or a jet sweep? Something...

What would you call? 

6'5 former basketball player who can jump out of the gym lined up in the slot. I definitely wouldn't throw it to him. No way. 

I really liked the fake pitch roll out play we scored a TD against LSU on.  Believe it was thrown to Slayton. 

But to be honest I lost a lot of confidence in this offensive coaching staff after they call a time out on 4th and 1 and thats the play they came up with.  Are we not watching the same line?  

I'd call 4 quarter back sneaks. Don't hand it off behind the line, don't snap it to a back 4 yards behind the line, don't try to get tricky. Line up under center, and run a quarter back sneak. Either this, or run an I-formation handoff to Chandler Cox. Run something that lines up and goes straight up the gut. I am so tired of this "creativity" at the goal line. 

Naked bootlegs with a passing option have worked since the dawn of football.  ... especially the throw-back to the TE (see '10 bammer game and Lutzie).

7 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'd call 4 quarter back sneaks. Don't hand it off behind the line, don't snap it to a back 4 yards behind the line, don't try to get tricky. Line up under center, and run a quarter back sneak. Either this, or run an I-formation handoff to Chandler Cox. Run something that lines up and goes straight up the gut. I am so tired of this "creativity" at the goal line. 

Maybe instead of only recruiting speed track stars AU should recruit a high-jumper for one purpose.  Short yardage over the top!! BOOM!

7 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Maybe instead of only recruiting speed track stars AU should recruit a high-jumper for one purpose.  Short yardage over the top!! BOOM!

37 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

6'5 former basketball player who can jump out of the gym lined up in the slot. I definitely wouldn't throw it to him. No way. 

33 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Naaah. That’s the most ridiculous idea evar.

7BB42622-03B8-497F-A37A-4A9E90F4F379.gif

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude I would love the hell out of this gif even if you were disagreeing with me

1 hour ago, TigerFanAU said:

A pass to the Tight End.

Woah let’s not get crazy here that kind of talk is dangerous around here ?

4 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

That's what you get with an O-line that can't change the line of scrimmage. This ain't your father's Auburn team.

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Does Stidham even have the confidence at this point to try another red zone tight window pass....I wonder 

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Does Stidham even have the confidence at this point to try another red zone tight window pass....I wonder 

Doubtful

Line up in the damn I with Marlon Davidson at fullback! Or, just use Cox, and fake off tackle to the tailback, and hit Cox in the flat for the score. It's an old staple play out of the I, and very hard to defend. Use your damn tight end, and fullback in the passing game inside the ten yard line! If I see another shotgun handoff up the gut again in short yardage I'm going to throw up.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Line up in the damn I with Marlon Davidson at fullback! Or, just use Cox, and fake off tackle to the tailback, and hit Cox in the flat for the score. It's an old staple play out of the I, and very hard to defend. Use your damn tight end, and fullback in the passing game inside the ten yard line! If I see another shotgun handoff up the gut again in short yardage I'm going to throw up.

Invest in barf bags. 

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

Or even better. Picture Derrick brown as FB, Cox as RB, and add Dontavious as an extra tight end. I bet anything them two could get some push the way they abuse offensive linemen! ?

7 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Or even better. Picture Derrick brown as FB, Cox as RB, and add Dontavious as an extra tight end. I bet anything them two could get some push the way they abuse offensive linemen! ?

Anything like we're talking about would require Gus to think out of the box. Ain't happening. Don't you guys know there is nothing wrong with the scheme? It's just the execution.

5 minutes ago, Eagle-1 said:

Anything like we're talking about would require Gus to think out of the box. Ain't happening. Don't you guys know there is nothing wrong with the scheme? It's just the execution.

How do you feel about your offense’s execution?  ....

I’m all for it

Archived