Ryan Davis Appreciation Thread

tigerbrotha12

He is one of the most elusive, electric players I've ever seen. He's got great vision, and every time he fields a punt, there's a possibility he takes it all the way back. He is dangerous man. I just felt like he deserved a thread. He's got an amazing ability to make guys miss, and find ways around defenders.

He's been the brightest spot on O fer dang sure.

His running reminds me of Caddy in that when he's running you can FEEL the effort he's giving.

Dudes been lights out for us for several years. Great player hope he has an awesome nfl career! 

3ED4BD68-4AEC-42EE-AF0C-4ADA4CF8680A.jpeg

I HATE SO MUCH we wasted a year of eligibility of his in the 2015 TAMU game just for that 1 trick play where he was crouching down behind the QB. SO STUPID. We could have a whole other year of him if it was not for that. I still have not got over that. HE IS ABSOLUTE ELECTRIC WITH THE BALL IN HIS HANDS. One of the most dynamic players we have ever had with the ball in his hands. And to think he came here "just because" of Byron Cowart. All the players who followed cowart to AU turned out to be studs. Ryan Davis, J Davis and Sensei Mud Jeff Holland. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! What a haul those group of players turned out to be. I will also say I wish J Davis played offense a few snaps a game. MERCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY that dude is honestly more electric with the ball in his hands than Ryan Davis. That INT return for a TD that was all for naught saturday night was a thing of beauty.

Lotta love for Ryan Davis.  And well deserved.  He's a quiet, unassuming star.  He'll be a steal for some lucky NFL team.

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

I HATE SO MUCH we wasted a year of eligibility of his in the 2015 TAMU game just for that 1 trick play where he was crouching down behind the QB. SO STUPID. We could have a whole other year of him if it was not for that. I still have not got over that. HE IS ABSOLUTE ELECTRIC WITH THE BALL IN HIS HANDS. One of the most dynamic players we have ever had with the ball in his hands. And to think he came here "just because" of Byron Cowart. All the players who followed cowart to AU turned out to be studs. Ryan Davis, J Davis and Sensei Mud Jeff Holland. WOOOOOO!!!!!!!! What a haul those group of players turned out to be. I will also say I wish J Davis played offense a few snaps a game. MERCYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY that dude is honestly more electric with the ball in his hands than Ryan Davis. That INT return for a TD that was all for naught saturday night was a thing of beauty.

Even if Javaris doesnt turn it out to be much worth defensively, he'll be a better Chris Davis (no offense to the legend who was certainly an ATG here) at least 

If you’ve ever struggled with learning the difference between quick and fast... Ryan is quick, Iggy and Schwartz are fast!

20 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

He is one of the most elusive, electric players I've ever seen. He's got great vision, and every time he fields a punt, there's a possibility he takes it all the way back. He is dangerous man. I just felt like he deserved a thread. He's got an amazing ability to make guys miss, and find ways around defenders.

Great thread. Electric was exactly what I saw in 2016 and one of the most gratifying things about last year was seeing a guy like him *finally* being used correctly in this offense. (Yes, I know we have used other types of guys very effectively.) And it seems like he's really embracing the leadership role this year. If our offense ever gets a fire under its collective ass, it will probably be because RD lit it. 

Fun player to watch and I think he's got legit NFL potential, especially now that he's putting some great punt returns on tape. 

14 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

..... that dude is honestly more electric with the ball in his hands than Ryan Davis.

But, but...this is a Ryan Davis Appreciation Thread, brother...:gofig:

Not Cool. :beatmullet:

Archived