Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

58 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Just posted what AU reporters said a day or 2 ago. They missed. It happens. No need to take vieled shots. Especially since we are friends & respect each other.

Yes yes we are friends . But you were throwing some pot shots at KB lol. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TigerFanAU said:

to go after Justin Fields too

He was silently committed to AU before going public to UGA FWIW.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

you were throwing some pot shots at KB lol. 

No I wasn't. Well that wasn't my intent in any way. But seriously don't you find it interesting as well that before Tuesday he had no high profile offers given the perception many have on him as a talent? I do & that's not meant to be a negative.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

No I wasn't. Well that wasn't my intent in any way. But seriously don't you find it interesting as well that before Tuesday he had no high profile offers given the perception many have on him as a talent? I do & that's not meant to be a negative.

to be fair even though he has an auburn offer  with gus's track record he still may not have alot of talent. 

Just now, auskip07 said:

to be fair even though he has an auburn offer  with gus's track record he still may not have alot of talent. 

And that concerns me. Not saying he doesn't have a lot of talent. Just concerned.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

And that concerns me. Not saying he doesn't have a lot of talent. Just concerned.

Im sure you know what i was trying to say but i worded it poorly... just that gus isnt the best judge of talent or he uses it poorly or both.  

15 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Im sure you know what i was trying to say but i worded it poorly... just that gus isnt the best judge of talent or he uses it poorly or both.  

During Tuesday's The Rundown podcast, Bryan Matthews made the statement that Malzahn thinks he can evaluate talent but he can't. There's a lot of Truth in what Matthew said

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I mean most of the talented teams don’t have QB issues. We seem to be the only elite team who constantly have to rely on transfers. Isn’t that even more interesting?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I mean most of the talented teams don’t have QB issues. We seem to be the only elite team who constantly have to rely on transfers. Isn’t that even more interesting?

It's interesting no doubt but what I implied but did so poorly is I don't think most top top 25 teams have their QB sitch set for next year. For any of them losing a SR starter I would think they would be interested in KB. I'm surprised LSU didn't sniff for example. Or is Borrow back next season?

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So, who would we want most?  And or be the most realistic to get?

Kelly Bryant

Jalen Hurts

Justin Fields

KB or JH. JF couldn't play til 2020 & getting him could have a much higher impact on keeping Bo. Right now we need the best answer for 2019 at QB.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It's interesting no doubt but what I implied but did so poorly is I don't think most top top 25 teams have their QB sitch set for next year. For any of them losing a SR starter I would think they would be interested in KB. I'm surprised LSU didn't sniff for example. Or is Borrow back next season?

No but they got Myles Brennan. You will lose him, if you bring a KB around after bringing in Joe.  Most schools don’t want to lose the guy they have been developing for a rental as I imagine you know. He has been waiting his time.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No but they got Myles Brennan. You will lose him, if you bring a KB around after bringing in Joe.  Most schools don’t want to lose the guy they have been developing for a rental as I imagine you know. He has been waiting his time.

Still I would think there are other teams excluding Miss St & Mizzou, more talented than Arky & UNC who don't have their 2019 QB sitch settled yet & don't have a talent like Brennan waiting in the wings. Just interesting IMO.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

KB or JH. JF couldn't play til 2020 & getting him could have a much higher impact on keeping Bo. Right now we need the best answer for 2019 at QB.

Agreed, and I actually think I'd rather have Jalen than KB.

Just now, ellitor said:

Still I would think there are other teams excluding Miss St & Mizzou, more talented than Arky & UNC who don't have their 2019 QB sitch settled yet & don't have a talent like Brennan waiting in the wings. Just interesting IMO.

Honestly, who cares? You don’t need to be a generational talent to win in this offense. But you do need to have a certain skill set and be able to make three throws efficiently. The fade, slant and screen route. If you can move that is a big plus. I have seen enough all world QBs fail under this system in a short span.

11 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

So, who would we want most?  And or be the most realistic to get?

Kelly Bryant

Jalen Hurts

Justin Fields

If there is a chance to get a real talent like JF, you do it. Sitting be damned.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Agreed, and I actually think I'd rather have Jalen than KB.

I would love to have Jalen too but remember , you have the same people saying the same things about him that they are saying about KB. He isn’t accurate enough. He loss is job to a freshman, etc, etc. Either way, who would you rather start next year? A guy who has college experience or three others who have probably played a total of 1 quarter all together ? To me, it is a no brainer.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

You don’t need to be a generational talent to win in this offense.

How many Cam's and Nick's (Tre's/Prosch's/Robinson's) have you seen?

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

How many Cam's and Nick's (Tre's/Prosch's/Robinson's) have you seen?

Nick Marshall wasn’t a generation talent. He played in a system that was perfect for his skill set. There is a tre mason in college football every year. Greg Robinson, as good as he was at Auburn, benefited greatly due to the system he was in. In fact I would argue he was a tad bit overrated. 

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I care because as @auskip07 & @Auburn Kev noted, Gus's inability to evaluate talent.

Did you care when he picked up Jarrett Stidham?

How about Cam Newton? 

How about Cord Sandberg?

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

I would love to have Jalen too but remember , you have the same people saying the same things about him that they are saying about KB. He isn’t accurate enough. He loss is job to a freshman, etc, etc. Either way, who would you rather start next year? A guy who has college experience or three others who have probably played a total of 1 quarter all together ? To me, it is a no brainer.

Been impressed with Jalen's throwing this year. Not sure if it's his OL being so talented he is never pressured or what, but I like it.

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nick Marshall wasn’t a generation talent. He played in a system that was perfect for his skill set. There is a tre mason in college football every year. Greg Robinson, as good as he was at Auburn, benefited greatly due to the system he was in. In fact I would argue he was a tad bit overrated. 

I agree, but those 4 stars aligning in the same year, was a generational quirk. (Marshall, Mason, Prosch, Robinson).  Doubt we'll see that type of rushing offense ever again.

Archived