Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

11 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Redshirt year counts as a transfer year, so he’s eligible in 2019.

As a side note, if he waits to officially transfer on or after October 15th, he can transfer to another ACC school if he desires and Clemson would have no say in the matter. 

Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Some times it’s hard to hate Dabo. He really could’ve started Bryant one more game. 

I think he really cares about the kids to be honest. In a Mike Gundy kind of way.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Honestly it seems like a better fit than even Hurts coming over and it's out of conference so Dabo shouldn't mind as much.

If I were this kid there are a few teams that would truly use me well:
Oregon, Clemson, Texas A&M, Auburn, UCF, Oklahoma, and maybe Florida

Not sure why he'd leave Clemson to go to Clemson. 

Just now, AUatHeart said:

Not sure why he'd leave Clemson to go to Clemson. 

Doh! I was thinking of teams that utilize mobile quarterbacks well and I was rattling them off...oops lol

30 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

As a side note, if he waits to officially transfer on or after October 15th, he can transfer to another ACC school if he desires and Clemson would have no say in the matter. 

He can transfer anywhere im pretty sure. I thought the NCAA removed where a team can stop a transfer to a specific school 

EDIT: I see what you mean. https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2780950-ncaa-rule-change-will-prohibit-schools-from-blocking-student-athlete-trans 

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

But i thought we didn’t like the new transfer rule? ?

I've probably annoyed people by repeating this opinion but I'm going to keep posting it so that it's known where I stand once we see the benefits and negatives of the rule.

I am so ecstatic that these kids can do what's best for them. We all get caught up in what we want as fans and coaches get caught up in what they want for their ego and success. This is potentially the livelihood of some of these kids and they should do what puts them in the best situation. We'll forget about them within 1-4 years anyways or we'll vaguely remember them. The average Auburn fan probably barely remembers Emory Blake.

It will be a good thing too when we can redshirt people like Hastings and Stove who didn't play four games as well as freshmen that got game time but maybe weren't quite ready. The NCAA doesn't do a lot right but this should be good for the kids. Like any other student at a school they should be allowed to transfer without feeling like prisoners. 

I remember Emory Blake 

If we have a shot for Bryant,  sell him big on the 2019 schedule and the exposure it will give him.  Oregon early,  at FL,  home games late vs Bama and Georgia.   Huge for him to remain on the big stage.  

Just now, PoetTiger said:

With another hot freshman QB (Nix) who can start I can’t see him wanting to be in that situation again. 

You keep saying this haha. Bo Nix would not start over Kelly Bryant in this offense . Just stop.

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I would surmise January, first day of the 1st semester if he desires. @ellitor check me on that. 

If he were to come to AU in January without graduating from Clemson 1st he would still have to sit the 2019 season so that's another year lost for him. The rule about undergrads having to sit a year after their last semester/quarter at their original school is still in play & was not altered with the new RS 4 game rule. The only way he or any of these other undergrad RS transfers who have played this season will play in 2019 is if they get an NCAA waiver or become a graduate before leaving their original school.

I think it's a moot point regardless. I'm not sure KB is coming to AU. He will want to go to a school. where he is virtually guaranteed to start in 2019 if he is eligible. Don't know where things are now w/ JS potentially leaving after this season but if he does the AU staff is very, very, very high on Bo Nix. They are also pleased with Cord's progression so far.

I think any talk of KB to AU is putting the cart way before the horse until we get actual reports  of the AU staff seriously interested in KB.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

You keep saying this haha. Bo Nix would not start over Kelly Bryant in this offense . Just stop.

I’m looking at from the players perspective. He just left a team where a freshman was annoited the starter over him. It has the potential to happen again here. Unless you are saying Nix does not have the potential to start day 1 over Bryant or is it your opinion Nix is not on the level of Trevor Lawrence. Therefore he is not as much of a threat as to Bryant as Lawrence was at Clemson...

• ellitor changed the title to Clemson QB Transfer Kelly Bryant
10 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why not? I think he is already a more polished passer than Bryant. And unless I’m mistake I think he will be here in January which gives him some time to get acclimated.

1 minute ago, PoetTiger said:

I’m looking at from the players perspective. He just left a team where a freshman was annoited the starter over him. It has the potential to happen again here. Unless you are saying Nix does not have the potential to start day 1 over Bryant or is it your opinion Nix is not on the level of Trevor Lawrence. Therefore he is not as much of a threat as to Bryant as Lawrence was at Clemson...

I am saying I don’t think Bo Nix would start day 1 over someone like Kelly Bryant. He would have a much better opportunity with the other QBs left in terms of THIS offense.

Just now, PoetTiger said:

Why not? I think he is already a more polished passer than Bryant. And unless I’m mistake I think he will be here in January.

Kelly Bryant has more experience, Kelly Bryant has a stronger arm, Kelly Bryant is more athletic. 

6 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he were to come to AU in January without graduating from Clemson 1st he would still have to sit the 2019 season so that's another year lost for him. The rule about undergrads having to sit a year after their last semester/quarter at their original school is still in play & was not altered with the new RS 4 game rule. The only way he or any of these other undergrad RS transfers who have played this season will play in 2019 is if they get an NCAA waiver or become a graduate before leaving their original school.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/clemson/2018/09/26/clemson-football-kelly-bryant-transfer/1427832002/

By withdrawing from the remainder of the season, he will be eligible to play immediately at another program next year.

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Incorrect. They can be correlary but aren't counted as the same.The only way they count the same is if the player has left the school before the Fall semester/quarter has began. We are well into the Fall term for every school.

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Odd statement. Where does this come from?

11 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Kelly Bryant would be a MONSTER in a Gus Offense!!!!  

Count this as me signing the petition!

I signed it ten times . 

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Kelly Bryant has more experience, Kelly Bryant has a stronger arm, Kelly Bryant is more athletic. 

But he just lost his job to a QB with less experience and less athletic. Arm strength is debatable, however I see Nix as more accurate and can push the ball down the field better. But that’s all not relevant imo because I feel Bryant will look at the depth chart and want some guarantees he would be the starter without question. I just don’t think he can get that here, especially with the potential Nix brings to the table as one of the top three QBs in that nation. I’m sure he (Nix) wants the chance to start as well.

19 minutes ago, DAG said:

Not a given. I'm not expressing an opinion of my own. Just relaying info from the program whether it would be a good or bad move.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not a given. I'm not expressing an opinion of my own. Just relaying info from the program whether it would be a good or bad move.

Not a given that he would start of Bo Nix? 

Archived