Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

We know.  No need to toot your horn.

On September 26th and the few days that followed, I don't recall anyone predicting Bryant to AU. Most predicted him to Arkansas. In fact, the majority here stated they didn't want him.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, ellitor said:

I don't. Most declarations of leaving don't happen til late December or January. KB is likely to commit in early or mid December.

You may be right and I may be wrong. Or vice versa. Like you said, misses in recruiting happen.

Either way, I believe we'll both be satisfied with Bryant's decision.

29 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

On September 26th and the few days that followed, I don't recall anyone predicting Bryant to AU. Most predicted him to Arkansas. In fact, the majority here stated they didn't want him.

Yes but you shove your opinions down reader's throats so hard they barely need your horn tooted when you're right. Score your damn TD, quitely give the ball to the ref, & do it again.

Not attacking you or being disrespectful in any way. Just saying, much like myself, You have a very loud Internet voice so your opinions are easily remembered.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Yes but you shove your opinions down reader's throats so hard they barely need your horn tooted when you're right. Score your damn TD, quitely give the ball to the ref, & do it again.

Not attacking you or being disrespectful in any way. Just saying, much like myself, You have a very loud Internet voice so your opinions are easily remembered.

Image result for stephen curry 51 points

On 11/3/2018 at 4:35 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Yep. Bryant has always been a poor man's Jalen Hurts. Nothing wrong with that as I believe Bryant will give Gus' offense a shot in the arm reintroducing the zone read. He's not afraid to run up the gut in traffic like Hurts is.

But Marshall had elite quickness, speed and arm strength, all better than even Cam.

The only thing that will give the offense a shot in the arm will be some OL who can block

With the current slate of OL talent on the roster and not alot of help on the way I don't see KB ending up on the plains.

19 hours ago, milehighfan said:

The only thing that will give the offense a shot in the arm will be some OL who can block

With the current slate of OL talent on the roster and not alot of help on the way I don't see KB ending up on the plains.

Agreed with the first statement.

As for the 2nd statement, out of the four programs he's seriously considering (Auburn, Arkansas, Missouri and North Carolina), who's offense and returning offensive personnel is best?

Arkansas?? Their OL can't even keep Ty Storey healthy for three consecutive games. That guy has taken a beating every single game, only paralleled by Deondre Francois. Arkansas has no playmakers. At all.

North Carolina, one of the worst teams in the country??

Missouri? Sure, they have a good offense. But it's Missouri. And they're halfway across the country from Clemson.

Auburn is close to home. The offense has three awesome starting WRs returning + Stove and Hastings. The entire OL and RBs will be back. No, they're not good now, but Gus can sell that they're young and will be more experienced a year from now.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:10 PM, SouthGATiger said:

Well the word on the street is Fields has said that he should have went to AU because he could be playing a lot more and possibly starting right now.

He would definitely would be starting ..I imagine Cam Akers is feeling a little indifferent as well.

Gah!

4 hours ago, Auburn Kev said:

Their QB situation has been a hot mess for sure. Lol

On 11/5/2018 at 12:33 PM, Scotty2Hotty said:

Arkansas?? Their OL can't even keep Ty Storey healthy for three consecutive games. That guy has taken a beating every single game, only paralleled by Deondre Francois. Arkansas has no playmakers. At all.

The OL has actually been better than I expected this year. Auburn has given up one more sack than Arkansas has. But Storey has taken a beating running the ball, not exactly built for an RPO offense but he's the best we have right now.

Agree about the playmakers part. Outside of TE Cheyenne O'Grady and RB Rakeem Boyd there is no one. I expect to see a lot of freshmen playing at WR next year. Bielema did not recruit much speed at all.

A running QB would take a lot of pressure of of the O-line. Force the D to respect his legs on runs and force better containment. This, makeing the O-line would look better. Maybe not perfect but better. Combine this with the progression of the WRs and you force defenses to play different also helping the run. I hope AU gets him for a year.

8 hours ago, gohogs14 said:

The OL has actually been better than I expected this year. Auburn has given up one more sack than Arkansas has. But Storey has taken a beating running the ball, not exactly built for an RPO offense but he's the best we have right now.

Agree about the playmakers part. Outside of TE Cheyenne O'Grady and RB Rakeem Boyd there is no one. I expect to see a lot of freshmen playing at WR next year. Bielema did not recruit much speed at all.

Which furthers my point. Bryant will not attempt to impress NFL scouts with no one to throw to. At AU, he has Slayton, Williams, Schwartz, Stove and Hastings. None of them will start in the league, but as a quintet, they are light years better than Arkansas’ best five.

Storey looks to run straight ahead more than Stidham does, thus why one less sack. Stidham always flashes back to high school and believes he can outrun the rush towards the sideline. 

On 11/9/2018 at 6:16 PM, wildlife alumni said:

A running QB would take a lot of pressure of of the O-line. Force the D to respect his legs on runs and force better containment. This, makeing the O-line would look better. Maybe not perfect but better. Combine this with the progression of the WRs and you force defenses to play different also helping the run. I hope AU gets him for a year.

Since Marshall finished his playing days at Auburn, we have not signed a legit 4 or 5 star DT/QB. If Gus really wants to improve his W/L record at Auburn, he needs to sign a legit DT QB. We signed Gatewood, but Gus has other things planned for him instead of QB.

57 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Since Marshall finished his playing days at Auburn, we have not signed a legit 4 or 5 star DT/QB. If Gus really wants to improve his W/L record at Auburn, he needs to sign a legit DT QB. We signed Gatewood, but Gus has other things planned for him instead of QB.

Won't matter if there's a crap line in front of the QB.

I was unenthusiastic about him several weeks ago but after viewing more of our QB situation the past few weeks.....I'm willing to contribute to the "Gofundme" account to help him with moving expenses and getting settled in Auburn.  :dunno:

17 hours ago, AU64 said:

I was unenthusiastic about him several weeks ago but after viewing more of our QB situation the past few weeks.....I'm willing to contribute to the "Gofundme" account to help him with moving expenses and getting settled in Auburn.  :dunno:

He sees the light 

On 11/2/2018 at 3:10 PM, SouthGATiger said:

Well the word on the street is Fields has said that he should have went to AU because he could be playing a lot more and possibly starting right now.

Any fire to this smoke? Any chance he looks to get out of UGA?

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

Any fire to this smoke? Any chance he looks to get out of UGA?

Doesn't look like it with him continuing to play.

I think he is better than any other QB we have on campus right now however I would like to see what Nix has to offer. KB can't throw, right? I mean a true freshman (albeit a very good one) beat him out. It seems like hB would be very good in a read-option offense aka AU 2013 but we would need better OL play and a stud RB to go with him. 

I think Nix is going to shock a lot of people. He is very good. 

Archived