Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

14 minutes ago, Linayus said:

But I don't understand why you think KB was forced out at Clemson due to his talent. It was honestly just who the coaches felt gave a little more to the offense at that time.

This is exactly what I am talking about.  KB was pushed out from Clemson because those coaches (who many praise as second best coach in country) believe they couldn't get the offense out of him that they needed to win.  So they made the change.  My problem is that if those coaches believed that, then how do we think AU coaches will get more O out of him than they could?  How are we going to beat these talented teams in the SEC West.  LSU, Texas A&M, UAt, UGa, FL are all going to be tough games next year.  If Clemson didn't think they could get the O out of KB to win in the ACC, then how is he an answer to our issues with this daunting schedule?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

This is exactly what I am talking about.  KB was pushed out from Clemson because those coaches (who many praise as second best coach in country) believe they couldn't get the offense out of him that they needed to win.

I don't believe this was the case at all. I believe they assessed that Trevor Lawrence was just the better QB for their system. Clemson would probably still be undefeated with Kelly Bryant.

It's like Alabama with Tua and Jalen. Tua is the better QB but they'd still probably be undefeated with Jalen.

39 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

This is exactly what I am talking about.  KB was pushed out from Clemson because those coaches (who many praise as second best coach in country) believe they couldn't get the offense out of him that they needed to win.  So they made the change.  My problem is that if those coaches believed that, then how do we think AU coaches will get more O out of him than they could?  How are we going to beat these talented teams in the SEC West.  LSU, Texas A&M, UAt, UGa, FL are all going to be tough games next year.  If Clemson didn't think they could get the O out of KB to win in the ACC, then how is he an answer to our issues with this daunting schedule?

The question is, who is better than him on our team next year?  None of them would start at Clemson either.  The coaches have to improve the situation, not sit there and hope for a miracle.  They should also be looking at other transfers and find the absolute best QB they can.  Right now, KB looks to be the best option and he's 16-2 for crying out loud.  One of the losses was to Alabama in a playoff game.  Don't act like he's hot garbage.  He's good, not great.  Great don't just grow on trees.

31 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I’m honestly torn between making next year a lame duck year or giving him more security and making a big time OL coach and OC hire. If he is to stay for more than one year we HAVE to make a big splash OL shire. Hoping Freezus can bring one.

We need to get the coaches to win. Not sure if Gus can get it done though.

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

I’m honestly torn between making next year a lame duck year or giving him more security and making a big time OL coach and OC hire. If he is to stay for more than one year we HAVE to make a big splash OL shire. Hoping Freezus can bring one.

Malzahns job security is exactly why we will not be able to get a big time OL hire. Only reason why we would be able to hire Freeze is because he is desperate to get back in to major college football.

So when does Bryant visit again? Just read elsewhere that he’s visiting Mississippi State again this weekend. Bidness is booming. 

On 11/20/2018 at 4:31 PM, AUBwins said:

As long as the hiring negotiations go something like this: 

Gus: Hugh,  good buddy, let's work together again and fix this thing. You won't be given a company phone,  however. 

Freeze:  Gus,  I accept if you can't have a headset. 

Brother you're on a roll.........still giddy bout you boy winning the Nascar Championship I see😂🤣

1 hour ago, kevon67 said:

Brother you're on a roll.........still giddy bout you boy winning the Nascar Championship I see😂🤣

Ha. My boy is Chase, and screwed himself out of a chance for it with a speeding penalty.  Logano was good that last day though.  I am a bit giddy to think of Freeze running an offense with Bryant, our skill players, and TE juggernaut Gatewood!

10 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

it has been said in this thread that his goal is likely NFL not playoffs.

Incorrect. Yes he wants to have an opportunity to be developed more for the NFL but nowhere has it been said getting to playoffs was not a goal as well.

If he wanted playoffs, then he would have likely stayed at Clemson. 

At the expense of not being developed any further...Not worth it to ride the bench for him, nor me if I were in his place. He had just been beaten out & was not going to start again in college barring injury. Remember back ups get very little development & true opportunities even in practice in most cases.

He MAY be a more polished QB than our backups (ie: next years pool), but with a new OL & OC is this guy going to beat UGa or Bama.  I don't believe he has the talent to do so.

Agreed but he still gives our team the chance of having the most success we can out of the 2019 season even with losses to beastly Bama & ever improving UGA and that's what this is about. Gus's head is on the chopping block next season & he knows it. He's scrambling to give, in his mind, AU's best chance of success next season. At QB that's KB. 

I don't think he would have been pushed out at Clemson

He wasn't pushed out. He was beat out & chose to leave. Remember Dabo told him just before he left he could stay at Clemson & redshirt barring injury to TL.

8 hours ago, Linayus said:

Georgia is definitely beatable though.

Gets much tougher starting next year as they continue to improve.

8 hours ago, LKEEL75 said:

KB was pushed out from Clemson because those coaches (who many praise as second best coach in country) believe they couldn't get the offense out of him that they needed to win.

Another inaccurate statement. 1. He was never pushed out. 2. They were already getting the offense out of him to win. They just made the decision to go with the QB who they felt could make the O it's most explosive to win the bigger games late in the season.

then how do we think AU coaches will get more O out of him than they could?

That is the wrong question to look at. The right question is can he get more out of our O for the 2019 season than other QBs on roster? The staff feels that's a yes & that's why we are trying hard to land him.

If Clemson didn't think they could get the O out of KB to win in the ACC,

Again. They already had & were continuing to do so. What their staff may have thought & would be a fair opinion if they had it is they may have thought they couldn't get the O out of KB to win the natty. They were/are going to win the ACC regardless whether it be KB or TL.

how is he an answer to our issues with this daunting schedule?

Again no one who is an option does but he gives us the best chance for 2019.

4 hours ago, kevon67 said:

still giddy bout you boy winning the Nascar Championship

I can't stand him but at least he's not Harvick.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Mine too! Is there anything we don't agree on?

Guess not, because I totally agree with the previous post as well about Joey and Harvick.  Haha. 

7 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Guess not, because I totally agree with the previous post as well about Joey and Harvick.  Haha. 

Yes sir Chase is filling that void in me heart Carl left when he retired.

17 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Malzahns job security is exactly why we will not be able to get a big time OL hire. Only reason why we would be able to hire Freeze is because he is desperate to get back in to major college football.

IDK. Freeze could probably attract a good OL coach. Would love to hear E’s input on my above question.

3 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Yes sir Chase is filling that void in me heart Carl left when he retired.

For me it was Dale JR. Since he owns 4 cars in the Xfinity Series I have to keep with that series now. lol

26 minutes ago, ellitor said:

For me it was Dale JR. Since he owns 4 cars in the Xfinity Series I have to keep with that series now. lol

Chase is filling the void left by JR for me.  I have enjoyed watching Jr in the broadcast booth however. 

13 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Chase is filling the void left by JR for me.  I have enjoyed watching Jr in the broadcast booth however. 

JR tells great stories.......catch many on youtube...........SR and JR both legends in my eyes👍

20 hours ago, AUwent said:

I don't believe in making anything a lame duck year. It's not fair to the players. That being said, it essentially just is a lame duck year for Gus if the new OC doesn't turn the O around enough and the D not slip enough to get at or near 10 wins next season. Not sure there is such a thing as a splash OL coach. We need an OL coach that can recruit & develop regardless of name.

10 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't believe in making anything a lame duck year. It's not fair to the players. That being said, it essentially just is a lame duck year for Gus if the new OC doesn't turn the O around enough and the D not slip enough to get at or near 10 wins next season. Not sure there is such a thing as a splash OL coach. We need an OL coach that can recruit * develop regardless of name.

That's exactly what I meant.

On November 21, 2018 at 1:11 PM, LKEEL75 said:

You seem to be missing the point. You keep comparing him to the other QB on their team. It's totally irrelevant if he's better than their other QB or not. What matters is if he's better than the other QBs on OUR team.

2 minutes ago, amsterjam said:

You seem to be totally missing the point. You keep comparing him to the other QB on their team. It doesn't matter if he's better than their other QB or not. What matters is if he's better than the other QBs on OUR team.

Exactly . How many teams were vying for NM service when he came to Auburn? If he is the right fit for our team, than whose to complain?

Archived